Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

I'd Hate To Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About

Alex's POV

"Dude, Kara knows where she is!" Rian yelled, running down the hall to catch up with Jack and me. Kara was quickly following him.

"I told you to not fucking tell!" She screamed at him. Kara rarely cursed, and when she did, you knew she was upset. "I can't fucking tell you guys, or else she won't ever talk to me again."

"Wait, wait, wait, you've known where she was this whole entire fucking time?" Jack asked. He was getting pissed. You could just see it in his face. I had a feeling our group of friends was slowly going to lose people.

"I told you, I couldn't tell you! She wouldn't ever speak to me again if I did tell you," She muttered quietly, looking down at her feet.

"You can tell us, Kara. She wouldn't know..." I said softly, trying to coax it out of her. The guys were taking the wrong way to try to get information out of her. Instead of screaming their heads off at her, they needed to be gentle, and sweet.

"She would know! Gah, she would find out somehow because you assholes would call her, or something," She sighed.

"Thanks for calling me an asshole," Jack said before walking away to his class. There goes one person.

Rian sighed and placed his arm around his girlfriend's shoulders, "We wouldn't call her. We just want to know where she is. So, y'know, if we - "

"Ever decide you want to see her again, you would just go to wherever the hell she is, and find her?"

"No, Kara," I lied. I did, in fact, want to do what she just said. I'd been planning to since the day I found out she left. It's like Kara knew me all too well.

"Yes, Alex," She said, mocking my tone of voice. "If I did tell you, you would promise that you wouldn't try and go to find her."

"I pinky promise," Rian smiled, extending his pinky before hooking it with hers. "Alex."

I sighed before extending my pinky for her to shake. I would break this promise anyway. I didn't get the point in promises, they were always broken.

She took her hand away from mine, and let it just drop to her side. She was such a wreck without her partner in crime. None of us were really fine.

She drew a deep breath in, and let it out slowly. Her hands were trembling. I didn't get why she was so upset over telling us. She wouldn't know she told. Although, Kara does have a conscience. That conscience didn't let her get away with hardly anything.

"Okay, well, she ran away at, like, ten at night with - " The bell cut her off. "Oh, damn, I have to go!" She yelled before she ran down the hallway.

Fuck, I wouldn't ever find out.

***

I sat at our table, anxiously waiting for Kara to get here. She was going to us where she ran away to. Or, at least she better tell us where she was.

I noticed Kara walk in the cafeteria with Rian close behind her. She took one look at the table, and tried to turn around, and run right out the door. Rian had to catch her and drag her over here.

Oh.

I watched as Kara slowly walked over here with Rian holding her arm in case she tried to run again.

She took a seat across from me, while Rian took a seat next to her. Jack came over with a tray of food, looked at Kara, and walked away. He was still pretty pissed at her for calling him an asshole.

Lisa came walking over with a smile on her face. Great, okay, she was going to say something to me about getting over...my past. She needed to go away for like, ten minutes.

She sat down next to me, that pretty smile of hers still on her face.She was hella cute. She still needed to leave, or keep her mouth shut.

"Tell me," I whispered to Kara.

She sighed and played with the ring that Rian had given her. She really, really, really didn't want to tell me.

"Please..." I begged. I'm pretty sure I sounded absolutely desperate. I didn't care at this point.

"She's in California," She said quietly, looking down at the ring on her finger. She felt so bad about telling. And, now I felt bad about making her tell me, because of how she was acting.

She would get over it.

"I was right..." I breathed out. I sat there, thinking of all the ways I could get to California to try and find her. What was she doing in California anyways? Did she have relatives there? I wondered which part she would be in...

"I don't know where, or why, she's in California," Kara spoke, making direct eye contact with me. It's like she could read my mind.

"Who?" Lisa asked, tilting her head to the side. "Oh, are you talking about that Rachel girl?"

I shut my eyes tightly as her name left her lips. I hadn't heard that name in days.

"You really need to get over her. I told you she was never coming back," She shrugged, taking a bite of her sandwich. "She's gone, you guys. G. O. N. E. Gone."

I balled up my fists, my nails digging into my palms. She didn't just say that. She did not just say that. I wanted to slap her so fucking badly.

Kara and Rian just sat there, staring at my, waiting for my reaction. Even though Lisa was right, she had no right to talk to me like that.

Before I did something I would highly regret, I stood up, grabbed my backpack, and walked out of the cafeteria. I don't think I would be going to prom with her after what she said.

***

Jack spun around in my computer chair as I sat on my bed, trying to figure out how we could get to California.

"Dude, you're giving me a headache, stop," I said, rubbing my forehead. Three hours of intense thinking and watching Jack spin around like that, was really getting to me.

"Stop thinking about her, bro. It's really not healthy," He smirked, bringing the chair to a stop. He stood up and fell right back down. It was hilarious to see.

He tried standing back up, but quickly lost his balance. I chuckled as he mumbled profanities. He finally gave up and just laid on the floor.

"Get up," I said.

"No, I have a headache," He whined, holding his head.

"How can we find her?" I whispered, mainly to myself. "Hey, do you think our parents would let us go to California for a month?"

"Nope," He said, popping the p. He sat up, stilling holding his head, "Just, get over it. She might come back one day, that's what I keep telling myself."

"You think she will?"

"Yeah, her parents are here. She'll want to come visit them with the baby. We'll see her again someday, bro," He smiled. "In the meantime, we can call her."

"What?" I asked, completely shocked. He had her number? How the fuck...

"I went through Kara's phone. Rian gave it to me earlier, while we were at lunch. Kara went to the bathroom, and Rian dug through her bag to find it," He said, pulling a ripped up piece of paper out of his pocket. He balled it up and threw it at me.

I caught it and uncrumpled it. I stared at the string of numbers in my hands. It was like...a gift from the heavens, the way I was holding it.

"Call it!" Jack said, scrambling to his feet. He jumped onto my bed next to me, grabbing my phone and shoving it my way.

I laughed and grabbed the phone from him. I dialed the number that was written on the sheet of paper.

"Put it on speaker," Jack whispered.

I did as he said and anxiously waited for her to pick up. The ringing echoed throughout my dead silent room.

Then, I heard it...

"Hello?"
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// i'd hate to be you when people find out what this song is about - mayday parade. <3

dunDunDUNNNNN!!

germany won third place, which is okay, i guess. but i hope the netherlands kick spain's butt! :D


old atl! love them. hahahaha. <3

i would like your thoughts, plz. :3

x.