Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Six Feet Under The Stars

Alex dragged me somewhere. I didn’t know where. He had one hand over my eyes and the other was wrapped tightly around my wrist.

I squirmed a little, trying to make him loosen his death grip. He got the hint and let up just a little.

“Rock,” He spoke softly, making sure I wouldn’t trip over the tiny rock. I groaned and lifted my leg up to step over it. “No, no. A little further…”

I stopped walking and sighed, “Alex, can you move your fucking hand? I’d like to see where I’m going.”

“But, I’m guiding you!”

“You’re doing a terrible job. I’ve almost fallen twice,” I spoke, trying to get out of his grasp. He tightened his grip. To anyone passing – if there were any – it would’ve looked like he was trying to get me to a van/deserted area to rape me.

He stopped and gasped, “Are you saying I’m a terrible leader?”

“Yes,” I smirked.

“Well, at least I know where I am,” He stated. He probably had that cocky grin of his plastered on his face.

“You suck.”

“Yes, yes. I know. Just keep walking,” He yanked me forward and I fell. I hit the soft, mushy ground and I heard him trying not to laugh. “Rae, oh my God, I’m so sorry!”

“Let go,” I growled, yanking my hand out of his grasp. I rubbed my head slowly and opened my eyes. I looked at the surrounding area. “Alex…why are we – ”

“Shuuuu,” He reached down and held out his hand, wanting to help me up. I took his hand and pulled him down to join me. He gasped and fell straight into my lap. “Well, hello there, Rae!”

I laughed, “Hey, Alex. Now, do you wanna tell me why we’re in the middle of the field?”

“Well…” He said, drawing out the ‘el’ sound. “I wanted to show you something.”

“And what is that, Alex?”

He stood up and brushed himself off, making sure he got all the grass off. I, too, stood up and did the same. I must not have gotten all the grass and dirt off, because Alex started brushing off my back, then my butt. If he was trying to get touchy feel-y…

“No, I am not trying to be a perv,” He spoke, still wiping stuff off. It’s like he read my mind. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up the hill.

I gazed over the scenery. It was so beautiful. The sun was setting fast, casting a beautiful, orange glow over the entire field. I could see the Baltimore skyline in the distance. This was definitely one of my favorite spots to come and sit and think. I was amazed Alex had remembered when I told him about this place.

Alex had run down to the field and was fooling with something. I wasn’t paying too much attention. I was too busy staring at the beautiful setting.

Seriously, it was like an artist had come in, and painted the night sky in a beautiful orange and speckled some red paint on the canvas. Truly amazing.

Alex ran back up the hill and stood next to me. I turned and face him, smiling brightly, “Alex, you never told me why we’re here.”

He didn’t say a word. He just pointed to the field below. I slowly turned and looked.

My hand went straight to my mouth, covering it. Wow…

The words ‘Will you go to prom with me’ were lit up on the field in bright, white lights.

I turned to face Alex again and nodded my head, my hands still over my mouth. This was such an amazing way to ask. It was so unexpected, too.

He embraced me in a warm hug. A tear fell down my cheek and I wiped it away before returning the hug. With the way I was acting, it was like he just proposed. No one has ever done something this special for me.

“Rae, I know we’re not dating or anything but I was hoping – ” Alex spoke, pulling away from the hug.

I shushed him and pressed my lips to his gently. Pulling away, I smiled, “Alex, you’re truly amazing.”

“I know,” He said looking down at the ground, trying to hide his blushing self. Did I have the same effect on him that he had on me?

He sat down on the ground and pulled me down to sit on his lap. I cuddled into him and we just lied there, staring at the stars.

He played with my hair absent-mindedly, “Rae?”

“Yes, Alex?” I asked quietly, looking up at him.

“How do you think Jack’s gonna take this?” He asked, looking down at me. Was he really thinking about how Jack was gonna take this?

“Oh...I don’t know and I don’t care,” I said softly, turning my head to look back up at the night sky.

The sky was now a pretty purple-black. The stars looked like they were sprinkled carelessly across the sky. It was just as pretty as what it was fifteen minutes ago.

Alex sighed contently and kept playing with my hair, “I’m glad you said yes.”

“Me too, Alex. Me too…” I smiled softly, still staring at the sky.

A comforting silence surrounded us. I was just so comfortable around Alex. If this was anyone else, I’d be talking my head off because I would be so nervous.

But I could be myself around Alex. He wouldn’t judge me if I did anything stupid.

I picked my head up and placed it on his chest. I smiled to myself as he wrapped his arm around my waist. I slowly fell asleep, listening to the soothing sound of his heartbeat.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// six feet under the stars - all time low.

but omg, i seriously LOVE this chapter. it's so cute. :3

the inspiration for the whole prom thing came from the guy i like. that's how he's going to ask his girlfriend. (yes, ok i like a guy with a girlfriend, bleh. :|) i told him it was suuuuuuuper adorable, but should replace the lights with fire. (i love fire and that is how i would like to be asked...) but i used the lights in this because i thought it would be more alex-esque. :D

yes ok so this story was inspired by the guy i like because he does the same thing jack does in this story to rae to me so...

and this author's note is long. meh. whatever. i'm just really bouncy tonight. :D

Image
isn't that soooo pretty?

so, thoughts would be lovely, lovlies. <3

x.