Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

The Party Scene

Alex's POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, with an unfamiliar body laying next to mine. I groaned, clutching the sides of my head. It felt like it was going to explode. What the hell did I do last night?

I pulled the covers down just a little to see who was in bed with me. Maybe it would jog my memory. Highly doubt it, but it was worth a shot.

Lisa was there, sleeping peacefully. Oh. No. I didn't...I couldn't have! I wasn't over her just yet! Fuck.

I got out of the bed slowly, not wanting to wake Lisa. I wanted to get out of here as fast as possible, though. It hit me, I was in Jack's guest room. Okay, cool, I could get dressed, and sneak out the window.

As I stepped into my pants, Lisa started moving. Please, don't wake up, don't wake up, don't wake -

She turned onto her side, facing the wall. I let out a small sigh and continued getting dressed. I was never one to stay with a girl afterward. She was the only exception. She was the only important girl in my life. Or, the only important girl that once was in my life...

I shook my head, clearing the annoying thought of her. Honestly, thinking about her twenty-four fucking seven was getting on my nerves. I just wanted my head to shut up about her. I wished I could erase her face from my mind for good, but I knew it would never happen.

I sighed and walked over to the window, unlocking it before sliding it up. It was noon and I was climbing out of a window to get away from a girl that I shouldn't have slept with in the first place. Pathetic.

I didn't want to go downstairs, because Jack would be down there, and he would want my help cleaning up. There was no way in hell that I would help him clean anything. Mainly because I would be doing all of the work.

I slid out of the window, planting my feet firmly onto the roof. I walked over to the edge and noticed chairs stacked on top of each other. I smiled to myself, knowing who had put these here. No one had moved them since...

I jumped down onto them, almost losing my balance. I stepped off of the chairs and made my way to the gate. I could see inside Jack's house; cups and people were littered everywhere. Even at 12:15, people were slumped over the side of the kitchen counter. Gotta love the parties we throw.

I chuckled at myself and continued walking. I opened the gate and made my way down to the sidewalk. My house was just a couple blocks away. I needed the fresh air, it would help clear my head of these annoying thoughts, and this annoying hangover.

I looked up at the sky, noticing a storm cloud just above the houses down the street. Great, I was pretty much walking into a storm. Whatever, it beat helping Jack get people we didn't even know out of his house.

Thunder rolled through the dark clouds ahead of me. Ugh, no, please don't do this to me. My nice little head-clearing walk, was soon turned into a not-so-nice panicked run. Lightning and thunder was quickly picking up. Winds were picking up as well. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I pulled my hood over my head as it began to pour. Five more minutes and I would be home. Just five more -

BOOM!

A large lightning bolt, followed by a clap of thunder struck, what seemed like, only twenty feet in front of me. Holy fucking shit.

I panicked and debated whether or not I should turn around and run back to Jack's. At this point, helping him clean seemed like a good idea.

I quickly turned on my heels and ran up the sidewalk as fast as I could. I noticed a small Honda Civic drive by me.

The tires screeched as it turned around quickly in the middle of the street. The window rolled down to reveal Jack sitting in the drivers seat. "Hop in!" He yelled as lightning flashed and thunder sounded all around us. Jack hated serious thunderstorms.

I did as I was told and got in his car. He sped off up the street, not concerned if I put my seatbelt on or not.

"You are the biggest idiot I know," He said, not moving his sight from the road.

"You haven't met yourself then," I smirked. That earned me a slap to the back of the head. I just chuckled and slid my hood down. I shook my hair, getting water everywhere.

"Dude, what the - you are not a dog! You do not need to shake your head in my car!" He yelled at me as he pulled into his driveway. Another large clap of thunder sounded above us. "I don't wanna get out."

I laughed and rolled my eyes, opening into the car door. I quickly got out, shut the door, and sprinted to his garage. I opened it, letting him drive the car in. He was too pussy to just get out of his car and run to the door.

I shook my head again, trying to dry myself. That obviously wasn't working. And, it just made my headache worse. I needed an aspirin.

I walked into his house and saw people sitting in the living room in front of the window, watching the storm. What freaks. Someone had the TV turned onto the weather channel. A loud beep sounded throughout the house.

"A tornado warning has been issued for your area."

Well, fuck! Jack was going to be shitting his pants as soon as he heard the news. I was going to be the one to calm his ass down.

"Dude, it is fucking crazy out there," He said, walking into the house behind me, his voice shaking just a bit. The beeping sounded again, followed by the warning.

3. 2. 1...

"What the fuck, no! Shit, okay, I need to get to my fucking basement!" He screamed, scrambling to the basement door.

I grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him back, "Chillax, bro. Everything is going to alright. It'll just blow over, it won't even hit us."

As soon as those words left my lips, the power went out. Oh, joy. I should've just let him run down there and hide.

Lisa came running down the stairs, wrapped in a blanket, "Guys, what's going on?"

"Tornado warning," Jack choked out as I let go of his shirt. "Why are you wrapped in my blanket?"

"I feel safe when I'm wrapped in a blanket," She smiled innocently. I smiled lightly at her before another loud clap of thunder ripped my attention away from her.

I stared out the window, trying to see what the hell was going on. All I could see was leaves and rain blowing around. It was April, there was not supposed to be a fucking tornado warning! That shit is supposed to come in June/July.

Everyone in the house all huddled in the middle of the room, away from any windows. We all should've been in the basement, like Jack was screaming for us to do, but we all wanted to watch the storm.

"Everyone, get in the fucking basement!" Jack yelled at us as a lightning bolt struck right in front of the window. Everyone listened this time. A herd of kids rushed to the basement door, each one of them trying to get downstairs.

I walked with Lisa to the door calmly. I knew nothing bad was going to happen. I just had a feeling.

"So, twenty bucks says we don't have school tomorrow?" I chuckled as we walked down the stairs together.

"I will not give you twenty bucks if there's no school tomorrow, because I already just know that there's not gonna be school," She laughed lightly.

I noticed Kara, Rian, Zack, and Jack all sitting with each other in the corner. I led Lisa over to them and sat down next to them.

Kara forced a smile at Lisa and me before turning her attention back to Rian. She didn't like the idea of me and Lisa being close. At all.

BOOM!

Jack screamed before placing his hand over his mouth. At least he knew he was being annoying with all the screaming.

"Dude, this is fucking insane," Rian said as he stared at the ceiling.

"I know right, you can fucking hear the wind and rain hitting the house," Zack laughed, purposefully making Jack freak out.

Jack glared at everyone in our little circle, "I hate you all. I'm seriously thinking about throwing you outside."

Another loud clap of thunder sounded. It...sounded like it was...right above us. This was getting really freaky.

I grabbed some of Lisa's blanket, and wrapped myself in it, making ourselves become even closer. She sighed and rested her head on my shoulder, "When is this gonna be over?"

"Soon," I said quietly, resting my head on hers.

*

Kara's POV

I watched as Alex and Lisa cuddled with each other. It made me sick to think that he was over Rae that fast. It also made me sick to think that maybe he wasn't over Rae, and that he was just using Lisa to make himself get over Rae. What a dick.

My phone started vibrating, and I picked it up, answering it immediately.

"Hi, Kara," Rae's voice sounded through the phone.

I quickly stood up and left the group, heading for the bathroom. I had to step over so many people. Why were they all still here? Why didn't they go home last night when the weather was fine? Some of them didn't even know Jack!

I rolled my eyes as I pushed someone away from the bathroom door. I quickly locked myself in the small bathroom.

"Hey, Rae," I said quietly, walking over to sit on the edge of the bathtub.

"What's up?" She asked, her voice much cheerier than it had been since the last time I spoke to her.

I raised my eyebrow, "Nothing's going on here. Well, a giant thunderstorm, threatening to produce a tornado is going on, but other than that, everything is pretty normal. Why do you sound all happy-cheery?"

"Pete asked if I wanted to go out with him. I know, I should've said no, but...if you saw his face, you would've said yes, too," She laughed. She really seemed happy with them. Happier than she was with us...

"So, how's this thunderstorm slash tornado thing goin'? Is Jack shitting himself?"

I laughed loudly, "Pretty much. You know how he is when it comes to this stuff. He was running around trying to get everyone into his basement. Now, there's like thirty people down here. It's ridiculous. I wish you could see it."

She giggled, "I wish I could! Ohhh, by the way, Jack and Alex called me the other day. They went through your phone and got my number. Just lettin' you know."

Okay, wow, Pete asking her out really did put her in a good mood. Like, a fantastic mood. If he hadn't done that, she would've called me and bit my head off through the phone for leaving my phone out for them to go through.

"Oh, those idiots. I'm gonna need to lock your new number or something," I said, rolling my eyes. Jack and Alex were so stupid.

"Oh, this is Jess' phone! She's just letting me use it so I could call you, and talk to you! Oh, by the way, Jess doesn't know Pete asked me out," She whispered.

"Well, where are yo - "

"I'm in McDonalds. Sitting at a table by myself. Waiting for my food," She laughed. "Oop, I gotta go, Andy, Joe, and Trick are fast approaching! I'll call you later, Karkar! I love you, and I miss you like a child misses its blankie when their mommy takes it to wash it!"

I laughed at the last comment before smiling, "I miss you, too, sweetie. I love you! Bye!"

The line went dead. I sighed and closed my phone. I really, really missed her. No one could ever replace her. She was so...unique. She was her own person. She didn't take anything from anyone. She stood up for what she believed in. That's why she was my best friend. And, now that she's gone, it was like a piece of me was missing. A piece that could never be found again, unless she came back.

It was like a puzzle. And, you know how if you miss one piece, everything is ruined, so you try to find a piece like the one you're missing, but it's not the same picture? That's how I felt. Like a puzzle missing a key piece.

I stepped out of the bathroom, and looked around. Everyone was practically asleep. Wow, Jack would have a lot of explaining to do to his parents.

I walked back over to my group of friends, smiling when I saw Rian. He was just so...adorable.

"Who was that?" He asked quietly as I took a seat next to him.

I rested my head on his shoulder and brought my knees up to my chest, "No one."

He nodded, knowing exactly who I talked to. I had told him everything about where Rae was, and how she was doing. I told him that if he opened his mouth and told the guys where she really was, I'd rip his balls off and feed them to rabid squirrels.

"No, seriously, who was it?" Jack asked.

I wanted to take my shoe off and throw it at him, he was being so obnoxious. "I said no one, Jack. Now, drop it," I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"It was Rae, wasn't it?" Alex asked, lifting his off of Lisa's.

"I thought we weren't aloud to say her name?" Jack said, turning to Alex.

Alex just rolled his eyes at him, then turned to face me, "What'd she want?"

"To let me know that you idiots called her yesterday!" I whisper-yelled at them. I didn't want to cause a huge scene with all of these people here. But, trust me, when we were alone, they would get an earful.

Jack and Alex exchanged glances, then they both looked at me.

"We're so sorry, Kara!" Jack began.

"Yeah, I mean, I just wanted to hear her voice one last time, and I figured that yes - "

"Alex, shut up. She was fine with it. You are so lucky that she was in a good mood when she called," I said, rolling my eyes.

"She was? Why?"

"She was just very happy, that's all I'm saying," I ended the discussion. I didn't want to accidentally tell them that she was possibly dating the boy of her dreams. Alex was always jealous of how she talked about how attractive Pete was...so if he found out that she finally got him...he wouldn't be happy.

"Why was she happy?" Jack asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Stop with the questions, dude. She said she wasn't saying anymore," Zack said, smacking the back of his head.

"Thanks, Zack," I smiled.

"Yeah, thanks, Zack," Alex said sarcastically, earning a slap to the back of the head as well.

Everyone laughed as he pouted and hid under the blanket Lisa had brought down.

I didn't know when I was going to tell Rae about Lisa and Alex. I think I would soon...

I mean, she wouldn't care, she's with Wentz, right? So, she'd be completely over Alex, yeah? Hopefully...
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// the party scene - all time low.

hello. it's 3:30AM. i'm tired. this chapter sucks. there are spiders all around me. and i love automatic loveletter.

i like short sentences.

RANT TIME!
i won't be updating this as much because this story is not getting as many comments/subscribers as i originally hoped for. don't get me wrong, i love the people who have subscribed, but can you all not be silent? it bugs me, because idk whether you like what i'm doing or not. i need feedback, guys. i need to know if i'm doing a good job. and i know, i don't reply to comments, but i love each and every one of them, dudes. i don't take that shit for granted. i love everyone who has commented, trust me. <3
/rant

and, rivals are insane is awesome for giving me feedback with every update. go read her things! AND DON'T BE SILENT READERS! :D

here:

enjoy, silent readers.

x.