Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Obvious

Rachel's POV

I watched Pete as he undressed. Sounds creepy, I know, but he was undressing...right in front of me.

Joe, Pete, and I had gotten our own hotel room, while Andy, Patrick, and Jess got their own room. I kinda wish I was in a room with Jess, but at the same time, I didn't. I wanted to spend time with Pete.

"Joe, can you get me a soda?" I asked, forcing myself to look away from Pete.

He groaned before standing up. I was glad that he was going to get me something. I liked how they did things for me when I asked.

"What kind?"

"I don't care. Anything, but Ginger Ale, and orange Fanta," I giggled, going through my purse to give him money. "Oooh, and can you get me a chili dog...pwease?"

He took the money from me and sighed, "Do you want anything, Pete? You could come with me..."

"Nah, I'm good," He said, jumping onto the bed next to me before stretching out.

I rolled my eyes. I felt bad about asking Joe to go out to get me something at twelve in the morning. But, at the same time, I wanted this alone time with Pete...

"I'll go with you, Broseph," I said, getting off of the bed.

Pete gave me a look as I slipped on my shoes. I mouthed 'I'm sorry' before walking out the door.

"Should we ask the others if they want anything?" I asked Joe as we started to walk down the long hallway.

"Um, no?" He said, questioning himself. "They can go get their own."

"Joe," I said, stopping in front of their hotel room door. I placed my hands on my hips as he sighed, giving in to me. I smiled and knocked on their door.

Jess opened the door slowly, "I am not interested in any cra - Oh, hey Rae!" She smiled, opening the door all the way when she saw it was me.

I laughed loudly, "Crack? Really?"

"I've been offered it before!"

I giggled and shook my head, "Well, whatever, Broseph and I are going to go get some food, want anything?"

She eyed Joe before turning her attention back to me, "Nope, but lemme ask the guys."

I peaked inside and saw Patrick and Andy both on the couch, fighting over the remote. I giggled at them. It was so cute to see.

"You guys!" Jess screamed, getting their attention. They both let go of the remote, letting it drop to the floor. "Do you want anything? Joe and Rae are going to go get food. I'm guessing at the 7-11 across the street?" She turned back to me, wanting an answer for the last thing she said.

I turned to Joe and he nodded, so I turned back and mimicked his gesture.

"Um, get me some skittles!" Patrick exclaimed. "Oh, and some Arizona."

"Make that two of those," Jess smiled at us.

I nodded, mentally writing that down, "Two bags of skittles, and two Arizona teas. Got it."

"I don't want anything," Andy said before diving down to get the remote. Patrick noticed and dived down on top of him. Wow.

"Guys, we're watching what I want to watch!" Jess yelled as she ran to go jump on the two boys, also wanting control over the remote. I laughed and shook my head, closing the door for them.

Muffled screams came from the room. Anyone who passed would wonder what the fuck was going on in there. It sounded...dirty.

"Guys, wait up!" Someone yelled from behind us.

Joe and I turned around at the same time to see Pete running towards us, dressed in a t-shirt, a pair of basketball shorts, and high-top Chucks. I giggled to myself. It was a little weird seeing him in anything but girl jeans.

"Nice shorts, Wentzly," I smirked, poking his thigh.

"I know, right?" He laughed, placing his arm around my shoulder. I smiled and wrapped my right arm around his waist.

"I thought you didn't want to go," Joe pointed out as we walked down the hallway.

Pete shrugged, "I got lonely."

"Of course you did," I laughed, patting his chest with my left hand.

"Is there something going on between you two that I don't know about?" Joe asked, raising his eyebrow at us as we reached the elevator.

"Well, I - "

"Nevermind, I don't want to know. I'll just end up telling the rest of the band," He said as we stepped into the small elevator.

I smiled at him, "Thanks, Joe."

"Yeah, bro, thanks," Pete smiled, ruffling Joe's hair a bit.

"Do that again, and I will tell," He smirked, pressing the button that had the letter 'G' printed on it.

Pete started to reach for Joe's head, testing to see if he really would go running down the hall to tell. I swatted his hand away right before he could touch Joe. He just smirked.

I rolled my eyes as the elevator opened. We all tried stepping out at the same time. That didn't work out so well.

"Guys, guys, guys! Pregnant girl first," I said, moving them back so I could get out of the elevator safely.

They laughed and stepped out after me. I linked my hand with Pete's before heading out of the hotel.

I sighed, and looked both ways down the street. Nothing was coming, so we darted across. I didn't like running at three months pregnant. I was so worried I would trip. My mind was so negative.

We were so quiet on our walk there. All I could hear were our footsteps slamming against the pavement, and the occasional car drive by as we walked to the 7-11 just a little way up the street.

"I really want the damn chili dog right now," I mumbled, swinging Pete and I's hands slightly.

Joe and Pete just chuckled as we walked through the small parking lot. Dirty, old, beat up pickup trucks, and creeper vans filled some of the empty spaces. Gross.

Pete pulled me close to him as a guy in a dirty, blue van stared me down. Joe stepped closer to me, showing the guy that I had protection.

I slipped my arm around Joe's waist, "You guys are the best. I feel so safe with you around."

"If we don't come back with you, Patrick would possibly kill us," Joe chuckled, placing his arm around my shoulder as we walked into the small convenience store.

Pete was on my right, holding onto my hand, and Joe was on my left, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I felt so happy, and safe with them like this.

I noticed the hot dogs, and then the chili/cheese machine. Oh, my God, I swear I started drooling.

"I'll go get your chili dog, you guys just go get the shit for the others," Joe said, unwrapping his arm from around my shoulders. I felt less safe now.

Pete and I walked over to the small candy aisle. I grabbed two bags of skittles for Jess and Patrick, while Pete still held onto my hand.

"Hello," A man said to me as I grabbed a pack of M&M's for myself.

"Hi..." I said, trying to be polite. I honestly wanted to run away from him as fast as my little legs could carry me. I didn't care that I was three months pregnant. When a creepy looking man comes up to you, all you want to do is just fucking run, no matter what.

Pete moved closer to me once again, this time wrapping his arm around my waist, and leaning down to whisper something into my ear.

I giggled as his hot breath swept across my skin. He leaned down and slowly kissed my neck, making me bite my lip. I saw what he was doing. He was trying to get the message across to Mr. Creeper that I would not be joining him later in that dirty van of his.

"This your boyfriend, huh?" The man said, staring at Pete with a dirty look. Everything on that man was dirty.

"Yes," Pete said through clenched teeth. "Now leave us the fuck alone."

"He ain't even a real man! I can show you what a real man is like," Mr. Creeper smirked.

"Excuse me?" Pete asked, stepping towards Mr. Creeper.

"You're wearing fucking eyeliner, boy! And what's that? Nail polish?" He said, pointing his sausage of a finger at Pete.

"I like my boys in touch with their feminine side," I smirked, pulling Pete back a little. I planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Yeah, now get lost, creep," Pete growled.

"Listen, boy - "

"Excuse me, sir?" An employee said, tapping the creep on the back. "I need you to leave, you're disturbing the customers."

He glared at Pete, winked at me, then left the store. Oh, my God, I shivered at the site of him winking at me. I hated people like him. Absolutely hated them!

"Thanks, Petey," I smiled as he turned to face me. "I owe you one."

"Don't thank me, thank the clerk," He smirked, leaning in to kiss me. Joe came up from behind us, clearing his throat. God dammit! That was the second time that I was denied a simple kiss on the lips from Pete.

"Don't do that," Joe said to Pete, handing me my chili dog. I held the box up to my nose and smelled it. It smelled so fucking delicious. I would've devoured it right there in the store, but I needed to save it for the hotel. That's when I could eat like a pig, and no one would stare at me like I am a freak.

"Why can't I?" Pete asked as we walked to the counter to pay for our shit.

"Ooh, Arizona's!" I shouted, releasing my hand from Pete's. I walked back to where the drinks were, and pulled two Arizona's out. No, make that three.

"Hola," A small spanish man greeted me. Oh, great. Just my fucking luck.

I just shook my head and walked quickly back to Pete. I collided into him and fell back onto my ass...just like the day I met him.

He turned around and gasped, instantly reaching down to pull me up.

"You okay?" He asked as he wrapped his arm back around my waist.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, rubbing my butt a little. Not gonna lie, it did hurt. I handed him the three bottles of tea. Thank God, they didn't fall when I fell.

The clerk scanned and bagged everything, including my chili dog. It better not get all messed up on our way back to the hotel.

I started to dig into my pocket for money, when Pete stopped me. He gave the clerk a twenty and she took it, entering the amount into the register.

"Pete, I said I owe you one! I was gonna pay!" I whisper-yelled at him.

"Yeah, whatever," He said as she handed him his change and the bag. "Carry this."

Joe sighed at the bag being thrust into his chest, but he took it, "Pete, why can't you carry it?"

"I paid, and she's pregnant," He said, motioning to me. What the hell?

"Pete, I can carry a fucking bag!" I said, slapping his chest as we left the store.

"But I don't want you carrying a fucking bag," He smirked. "This baby needs to be unharmed, and I will do anything to protect it. Including, not letting you carry fucking bags."

"So, little Missy is pregnant, huh?" The man from earlier smirked as we passed by his van.

I gulped, not knowing what to think. I mean, this creep waited for us to come out of the store. Gross, gross, gross! Creepy, creepy, creepy! Ahhh!

"No, she is my babe, my baby," Pete covered quickly. "My sweet, beautiful...amazing baby, who I lo - "

He was punched in the face. He fell to the pavement. What. The. Actual. Fuck!? This creep just punched Pete! And right before he said something that I actually wanted to hear!

He kept hitting Pete, who just laid there, completely defenseless. This was so not fucking happening!

"Hold this," Joe growled, handing me the bag. He ran and jumped on the creep's back, trying to get him to stop beating Pete.

I screamed bloody murder as Mr. Creeper threw Joe off of him. Joe landed hard on the hood of a random Honda Civic. That left a dent.

Mr. Creeper started making his way towards me. I backed up as quick as I could, before I tripped over something. Oh, shit fuck!

I stared up at him as he towered over me. I was shaking so badly. What was he going to do to me? God, please don't let him hurt the baby...

Before I knew it, he was passed out on the pavement. I looked to my right to see Joe standing there with a milk crate in his hands. He hit him with the milk crate.

I quickly got up and hugged Joe tightly, "Thank you, Joe! You are my fucking hero!"

"Hey, I gave him the milk crate," Pete said as I pulled away from Joe.

I hugged him tightly, as well, "Well, thank you, Peter. You are also my hero."

"Let's get out of here before he regains consciousness," Joe said, picking up the bag that I had dropped when I tripped.

*

We slowly walked down the hall to Jess' room. We were fucking drained from what just happened.

I knocked on the door slowly, my hands still shaking. No one answered.

"Food!" Pete yelled, pounding on the door.

Right as he said the word "food", the door swung open to reveal Patrick in only his boxers and a black t-shirt.

"What the hell took you guys so long?" He asked, digging through the bag for his shit.

"One word: creeper!" I sighed, throwing my head back. All I wanted to do, was go back to the room, eat my chili dog, then fall asleep.

"Oh, shit," He said, raising his eyebrow just a little. It was obvious he wanted to know what happened.

"I'll tell you about it tomorrow on the drive," I yawned, turning to walk down the hallway. "It'll be a great story to tell on the way to wherever the hell we're going!"

I heard them laugh, then a door close, then footsteps behind me. I was soon swept off my feet. Literally. Pete had picked me up bridal style. Whoa.

"Pete, let me down," I mumbled, snuggling into his chest. Yeah, that didn't make any sense. I guess my mind was so used to telling Jack to let me down when he picked me up that way, that I just told Pete out of...Whatever, when I'm tired, I make no sense.

"You want to be let down?"

"Noooo!" I whined as Joe opened the hotel door using the card key. I honestly thought those things were so cool. Earlier, I sat outside of the room and just kept scanning it. Pete and Joe quickly got annoyed.

"Ready...set..."

"No!" I screamed as Pete dropped me down onto the bed. "What happened to 'the baby needs to be safe' and 'I will do whatever it takes to protect it', or whatever the hell you said."

He just rolled his eyes and climbed into bed with me, handing me my chili dog in the process.

"Pete..."

"What?" He asked.

"Your eye...it's - it's black! That douche gave you a black eye!" I said, raising my finger to poke it.

He quickly dodged my finger and scrambled off of the bed, and ran into the bathroom. I heard him groan loudly, before hearing a thud against something.

I got up slowly and saw him standing over the sink with his forehead pressed to the mirror. I walked over to him, shaking my head at him.

"It's not that bad. It makes you look tough!" I giggled, rubbing his back slowly.

"Yeah, he looks real fucking tough with a black eye," Joe yelled from the other room. He was being such a sarcastic little bitch.

"Ignore him," I whispered, hopping up onto the counter next to him.

Pete looked over at me and grinned a crooked little grin. It was so fucking cute. He shifted himself from leaning against the counter, to in between my legs. I smiled as he leaned in to kiss me.

"Wait!" I said, right as he was about to kiss me.

He sighed and hung his head, "What?"

"Close the door," I said, pointing to the bathroom door.

He raised his eyebrow, wondering why I wanted the door closed, but kicked it closed nonetheless.

"I wanted it closed so we could do this..." I smiled, cupping his face in my hands. I brought his face closer to mine, only inches away. My eyes closed as I felt his soft lips on mine. I swear, I could feel sparks when our lips met.

He pulled away as I opened my eyes slowly. We stared at each other before leaning in for another kiss. He must've felt the sparks, too. With the way his lips hungrily attacked mine, things were bound to get real heated, real fast.

I pulled away before we could go any further, "Not now."

He sighed before nodding. He picked me up off of the counter and opened the bathroom door, only to find Joe leaning against it.

"Oh, hey, guys..." He laughed nervously. He was so trying to hear what we were doing. That sneaky little bitch. I didn't care.

"Hello, Broseph," I giggled as Pete carried me to the bed. He gently put me down and handed me the little box that contained my chili dog.

I happily took it and opened it, instantly grabbing it. I took a huge bite out of it and moaned. It was so fucking delicious.

"Enjoying that chili dog?" Joe smirked, stripping into only his boxers. Didn't need to see that.

"Bery musch," I said, my mouth full.

"Can I have a - "

"Take it," I said, handing the box to Pete. He took the chili dog out, and took the biggest bite ever out of it.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! My chili dog!" I said, grabbing it out of his hands.

"But you said - "

"Fuck what I said," I laughed, taking what was left and shoving it into my mouth. I was such a piggy.

"Whoa," Joe said, staring at me. I could tell all sorts of dirty things were running through his mind. I couldn't tell what was worse - him thinking those things, or me knowing what he was thinking?

"Whoa is right," Pete laughed.

"Perverts," I mumbled, crawling under the covers. I didn't care if I slept in the clothes I had been wearing all day. I mean, all I was wearing was a tank top, and a pair of sweat pants.

"Goodnight," I heard Joe say as the room went dark.

"Goodnight, beautiful," Pete whispered right in my ear. Shivers were sent up and down my spine. Beautiful. He called me beautiful.

He draped his arm over my side. I smiled to myself and snuggled deeper into him. I could really get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// obvious - hey monday.

'ello! it's taken me all freakin' day to write this. i started writing it around 1PM, it's now 4AM. and twitter's down. so, that really helped me to focus on this, not twitter. lol.


that is my favorite interview. ever. it's so cute & funny. :D

this is personally one of my favorite chapters that i've ever written. it comes in second. my all time favorite has to be the porn ninja chapter. :D
what's your favorite? o:

tell me! :D

ohhhhhhhhhhh, and thank you's go out to:

tyffanicheyenne
rivals are insane
&
hannahxxlove
your feedback means a lot to me. :)<3

x.