Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Another Day

Alex's POV

"I can't believe we have school," I mumbled to myself as I walked from my car to the large building. Stupid fucking superintendent not shutting down school. A fucking tornado blew through here yesterday, and he fucking opens school? Bullshit.

I prayed that we didn't have power, because if we didn't, they would have us sit around and do nothing if we didn't have a ride home. And if we did have a ride home, we could leave.

I sighed as I walked up the steps to the door. Fuck. Power? We had power. Wait, I glanced down the hallway to my left and saw that it was pitch black. Fuck yeah, only half the school has power! We wouldn't be doing shit today.

Out of nowhere, someone came running at me. What the -

"Alex! I was so fucking scared walking down that hallway alone!"

"Jack, get the fuck off of me!" I groaned as he slowly got off me. I slowly sat up, then stood up. "That fucking hurt, you dick."

"You're just a pussy," He smirked.

"Says the douche that ran down the hallway because he was too scared to walk through it," I retorted.

"What the fuck ever," He rolled his eyes as we started walking towards the cafeteria. Everyone would probably be there, sitting at the table. All we would need to do was go sit with them until the principal said it was okay to go home.

Kids filled the hallways quickly, letting the halls become noisy as hell. Jack and I walked to the cafeteria not saying a word to each other. Usually, the walk there would be consisted of dick jokes, who Jack slept with at the party, and who blew who at the party. Why was today different? Some douche decided it would be fun to bring up my past.

"Hey, Gaskarth, what happened to your slut of a girlfriend?" A jock smirked, throwing a football at me.

My jaw tightened when the word slut dribbled out of his mouth. I balled my fists up, seriously contemplating beating the shit out of him. He didn't fucking say that about her.

"Slut? She was not a slut, Joey," Jack said calmly. What the hell was his problem? Why was he so calm about this?

"Really? Didn't she get pregnant?" The fucking smirk was still drawn on his fucking face.

"Didn't your girlfriend blow me at my party Saturday night? Oh, that's right, she did," Jack smirked.

I just stood there, my mouth slightly hung open. Why didn't he fucking tell me that!?

Joey's jaw clenched. Jack was a dead man.

"She didn't go around sleeping with a ton of people like your girlfriend," I said, finally jumping into this. "Your girlfriend's the slut."

"You better run if you want to live, Gaskarth," Joey whispered. Oh fucking shit.

I took one look at Jack; he nodded before bolting off down the hallway. He ran one way while I ran the other. Why didn't we fucking stick together?

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. One of Joey's douchebag friends was right fucking behind me. Great, great, great. I was running from the football team's defensive tackle. If he caught me, I was dead. Like, literally. He would tackle me, and I would die from his weight crushing my organs.

"Fucking move!" I shouted, shoving people out of my way. If I could reach the cafeteria, I would be fine. I could hide under the tables or something. Or, Rian would protect me. Like that would happen.

"Move, move, move!" I screamed as people ran to the side, dodging me and Mr. Beefy.

"Trip him!" Mr. Beefy yelled. No, I had no idea what his name was. And, I didn't care what his name was. He was big, and beefy. So, he earned the name Mr. Beefy.

Shit, I was slowing down. No! Not fucking now, legs! Work, dammit!

Before I knew it, Mr. Beefy shoved me, causing me to fall to the ground. Hard. I groaned as I rolled onto my back. It hurt so badly. First, Jack, now this fucking dick.

"You're a dead man, Gaskarth."

"Yeah, if you sit on me," I said, standing up.

"The Gaskarth family will be missing another son in - "

"What the fuck did you just say!?" I screamed. Did he really just fucking say my family would be missing another son? What the fuck.

"That's too far, Tyler," Someone said. I could see who due to the tears starting to well up in my eyes.

"He fucking called Joe's girlfriend a slut," Tyler said to whoever told him he went to far.

"So you think it's fucking okay to say something like that!?" I yelled as the tears started spilling down my face. I wiped my face, getting rid of the tears.

No one ever spoke about Daniel. No one. Everyone knew how hard I took it. I missed three weeks of school because of it. Everyone loved Daniel, too.

I snapped. My fist collided with Tyler's jaw. The hallway fell silent as everyone watched and anticipated Tyler's next move.

As he stood there, all the anger that was building inside of me finally decided to come out. I started punching him repeatedly in the face.

"No one fucking talks about my family like that!" I yelled as tears started flowing down my face again, causing everything to become blurry.

"Alex, Alex, Alex! Stop it!" A familiar voice screamed. Kara.

I was pulled off of the fucking asshole. I collapsed into whoever pulled me off of him. It was most likely Rian. I didn't care if I looked gay as hell, I needed someone - anyone - to fucking hug.

Why did I have a feeling that if she was here, this wouldn't be happening?

***

Rachel's POV

"Pete!" I whined as he ran off down the hallway with my hoodie on. He always took my hoodie, and I absolutely hated it.

"You want me to go get it?" Jess sighed as she set down her small duffel bag. I just nodded and watched her as she took off after Pete.

She instantly caught up with him, and pounced on him, tackling him to the ground. I walked down the hallway calmly, carrying Jess' bag. Patrick wouldn't like me carrying it, but tough shit. I needed to do things for myself. I wasn't going to be babied my entire pregnancy.

"Hey, you're not supposed to be carrying that!" Pete yelled as Jess pulled him up off the ground.

I rolled my eyes, "I can carry whatever the hell I want. Dr. Ryan said I could! You all need to stop fucking babying me!"

"Rae, we're just looking out for you."

"I don't care. Now, give me my hoodie," I said, handing Jess her bag, and holding out my hand for my hoodie. I was so moody today, it was crazy. Stupid hormones.

He slowly unzipped and took it off, placing it in my hand. I sighed and pulled it on, zipping it up over my growing belly. You couldn't tell that I was pregnant as long as I was wearing this. I didn't want anyone knowing. With FOB growing more popular, and me being seen with them, people would automatically think that - Oops! Someone in FOB knocked this chick up!

I walked back down the hallway to my room. I still needed to get my duffel bag ready.

I felt a strong hand on my shoulder and instantly turned around to see Pete standing there right behind me.

"What's wrong, babe?" He asked as we walked into the room.

"Nothing," I said, walking over to the TV. I grabbed my bag and started to walk back out of the room when Pete stopped me.

He grabbed me by the shoulders and spun me around to face him, "I can tell something's wrong."

"Figure it out, Pete," I said, rolling my eyes. I tried to break free of his grip, but I couldn't. This was getting annoying.

"You don't even know what's wrong, do you?" He smirked, probably knowing what I was gonna say next.

"Nope," I sighed, running my hand through my messy brown locks. I needed to shower. But, we were leaving in fifteen minutes. Damn myself for sleeping until noon! I was forced to get up and immediately get dressed. I didn't like not showering before getting dressed. Yeah, I just rolled out of bed sometimes, but that was on days I felt like shit. Today, I didn't feel like shit. I felt like I needed to be presentable for some God unknown reason.

"Look, I understand you're moody due to this," He said, putting his hand on my stomach. My heart began to race at the feel of his touch. "I'm here for you, even if you want to bite my fucking head off. Everyone else might get mad at you because of the way you're acting, but not me, okay? Just, take it out on me, alright?"

I looked down at our shoe clad feet. We were both wearing Chucks. His were a little more beat up than mine, but, hey, we were kinda matching. I looked up at him - Eyeliner, tight jeans, Chucks, Clandestine hoodies...I started laughing.

"What?"

"We match," I giggled as he stepped back a bit to examine me. He looked down at himself, then looked me over again. "That's so weird."

"We do not match," He said, still staring at me.

"I'm wearing a fucking Clandestine hoodie, Chucks, and tight jeans, Wentz. So are you," I smirked, turning around to grab my duffel bag. I picked my dirty clothes up off the floor and shoved them into the bag. Dirty laundry duffel bag, check. Clean laundry duffel bag...not check.

"Joe took it out to the van," He said, grabbing his camera off of the dresser.

"How did you know what I was looking for?" I asked, zipping my bag up.

"I don't know, the look on your face?"

"You're weird, dude," I laughed, heading out of the room.

"Wait, wait, wait, come back!" He yelled. I turned around and sighed, following his orders. I was about to open my mouth and ask why I had to come back, when his lips crashed against mine. My eyes fluttered shut as I dropped my bag, wrapping my arms around his neck. His tongue swiped across my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I opened my mouth, allowing his tongue to roam the inside of my mouth. He was such a fantastic kisser.

Butterflies were going nuts inside of my stomach as his hand rested on the small of my back. It seemed like every time he touched me, the butterflies, and my heart, would go crazy. Was I in love with Pete?

"Guys, we're lea - Oh, my God..."
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// another day - paramore.

i think i'm gonna change the name of this story to "My Saving Grace" by Armor For Sleep because it fits so much more than "Bang The Doldrums" soooooooooo, yeah. o.o

things are gonna get pretty choppy soon. like, i originally planned for it to end with 50 chapters, but that's obviously not happening. so, i'm thinking about ending it around 65-70? k? cool. :D

theremaybeasequel. <.<

so, chyeah.

:D

JASON.

yeah. k. it's 4:30AM & i'm gonna go to bed. leave me comments to wake up to? :)

ohhhhh, and i apologize for any grammar/spelling mistakes. it's way too early and i need sleep, but i was like IMMA UPDATE FOR THEM TONIGHT NO MATTER WHAT!
iloveyouall.

x.