Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Underdog

Alex's POV

"Alexander, I can't believe you," My mother said, shaking her head as she drove away from my school.

Yes, the principal caught me beating the shit out of Taylor, or Tyler, whatever the fuck his name was. It didn't fucking matter.

Well, the principal didn't catch me. Some dumbfuck English teacher did, and then reported me to the principal.

"Suspended for five days! Five days, Alex!" My mom continued on with her little rant on how I was a bad boy for doing what I did.

"Mom! The little douche said something about Daniel, okay? How was I supposed to react?! Just walk away!? No!" I yelled, finally getting fed up with her bullshit.

"Alex..."

"Just drop it, Mom. Please," I sighed, resting my head against the window as we drove. I stared off at everything as it passed by. It was starting to rain lightly. Fantastic. It's raining to match my mood. Could this day get any better?

"Honey, why are you acting out like this?" She sighed as she turned into a McDonalds parking lot. Was she getting me...? "Ever since Rachel left - "

"Please don't bring her up," I groaned, slamming my head against the window again.

"What do you want?" She said, driving up to the drive thru.

"Just...get me a Big Mac," I sighed, rolling my head so that my forehead was planted on the window. I watched as little raindrops rolled down my window, like they were racing. I cheered one on in my head. The left was so going to win. Just. A. Few. More -

"Alex!" My mom yelled, snapping me out of my staring contest with the little raindrops.

"What!"

"Take this," She said, handing me our bag of food. I sighed and grabbed the bag from her and set it on the floor by my feet. I didn't want to hold it in my lap.

I turned back to my window and saw that there were new raindrops racing down my window. I missed my original two...

"No, seriously, Alex. Ever since she left, you have gone completely insane. You're doing things you would've never done before! Why?" She ranted as she left the parking lot. She turned right onto the street, then made another right a few yards away at the next light.

I watched the road and the raindrops fall down onto it.

"Alex..."

"Just be quiet, Mom. I don't want to talk about it," I sighed, still staring at the road ahead of us. She sighed, giving up on trying to make conversation.

I was kinda surprised at how she wasn't yelling at me like crazy for getting suspended. Maybe she understood why I did it. I mean, she should understand why. He fucking brought up something no one ever dares to bring up around me.

"Alex, just, don't get into trouble while you're home alone," She said as she pulled into the driveway. I forced a smile and grabbed my backpack and the bag of food. I shut the car door and walked to the front door. I dug my keys out of my pocket, and opened the front door.

I sighed and threw my keys and my backpack onto the floor. That wouldn't be moving at all in five days.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a plate and the ketchup out of the fridge. I went and sat down at the little breakfast bar and dumped out my food onto the plate. I sat and ate my food in silence. My life was so boring.

*

"Five days, dude!" Jack laughed from his spot upside down on the couch. I shook my head and walked into the living room. I joined him on the couch, flipping myself upside down too. We watched TV for a second before he broke the silence. "I'm sorry, dude."

"Why are you sorry?" I asked, turning to face him.

"I feel like I got you in to this by making him madder," He chuckled, flipping off of the couch. "So, sorry."

"It's whatever. I get five days all to myself," I smirked.

"I wish I got five days. I only got two, and I got yelled at by my mom...I feel like I was ripped off - "

"Shut up," I laughed, also flipping myself off of the couch. "I get five days, but I'm gonna be so fucking bored."

"Party? All five days?" He suggested, shrugging.

"Jack, I'm not going to party all day. I'll probably just end up writing and shit like that."

"Wait, what do you have now?" He asked, bolting up to my room. I quickly followed him. I didn't want him to see what I had written. He would most likely laugh and say something about how I "needed to get the fuck over her".

He instantly ran into my room and over to my nightstand. He ripped open the door and pulled out my notebook. I watched from the doorway as he flipped through the pages, looking for something interesting. Hopefully, he wouldn't find anything interesting.

"Wait, what's this?" He asked, stopping at a page. "'Remembering Sunday'?"

Fuck.

"Oh, it's...it's..."

"This is totally about Rachel," He smirked, looking up from the page. "I didn't even have to read the second verse."

"Shut up, dude." I said, biting my lip. I didn't want him to be reading this. I didn't even know why I wrote it, because I just didn't want anyone reading it.

"Get over her, man," He said, shutting my notebook and throwing it down onto my bed.

I rolled my eyes and just sighed. I hated this. I was seriously going to get a fucking lecture on how I need to move on, keep fucking Lisa to clear my thoughts about Rae, and blahblahfuckingblah.

I stared off at my guitar as he lectured me. His words just went in one ear, and right out the other.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, cool, dude," I said, walking over to my bed. I fell backwards onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling.

Soon, I felt him sit on me. I gasped from the weight of him crushing my stomach.

"Get off, dude," I choked out, trying to shove him off of me.

"Wanna go to IHOP?" He asked, still sitting on my stomach.

"If I say yes, will you - "

"Yes," He said quickly.

"Then yes," I muttered as he bounced up off of me. I sat up and stared at him as he bounced out of my room and down the hall.

"Hurry up!" He whined, his voice echoing all over the house.

"Jack, I ate earlier, I kinda don't want to eat again," I said, walking into the hallway.

"You're coming with me whether you like it or fucking not," He yelled, running back over to me to grab my arm and drag me down the hallway.

I rolled my eyes. I was going to IHOP whether I liked it or not. Jack dragged me all the way out of the house, then out to my car. I was being forced to drive him.

"Jack, this could be considered kidnapping," I laughed as I got into the drivers seat.

"Yeah, whatever," He chuckled as I backed out of the driveway. "Y'know, I wonder where Rachel is right now..."

"Me too, dude. Me too," I sighed, staring straight ahead.

***
Rachel's POV

"Guys, we're leav - Oh, my God..."

Pete and I instantly ripped ourselves off of each other, and I spun around, turning to face whoever was in the doorway. Andy. Thank God, it was Andy.

"Andy, oh my fuc - don't tell Jess - "

"Or Patrick!" Pete yelled, cutting me off. "If they found out, they would fucking kill me. Please, don't fucking te - "

"I won't tell! How long has this been going on?" Andy asked as Pete grabbed my bag and carried it out the room for me.

"Right before we left..." I mumbled, looking down at my shoes as we walked towards the elevator. I was embarrassed that Andy had walked in on me and Pete kissing because I didn't just kiss anyone in public. Yeah, a sweet simple kiss on the cheek or lips, but full blown making out? No fucking way. I was classier than that...

I brought my hand up to my stomach and rubbed it softly.

Classy? Fuck, you got pregnant at seventeen. That's not classy.

Well, I would like to hold on to some class. I'm not going to live up to the names people call me behind my back.

I smacked my forehead, making my mind shut up about it. We stepped onto the elevator silently. No one was saying anything. I couldn't stand the awkward silence surrounding us, but I didn't want to say anything and make it ten times more awkward.

"I can't believe you two," Andy said, shaking his head as Pete pressed the button to go to the lobby.

"Shut up."

"No! Okay, Rae, you're seventeen and Pete is twenty-five. Dude, you're gonna be twenty-six next month!"

I looked down at my shoes and inhaled deeply before letting it out slowly. I looked back up at the two boys. Pete was glaring at Andy. I swear, daggers were going to fly out of his eyes any minute.

A ding sounded, then the elevator doors slid open. I stepped out and saw Joe, Patrick, and Jess all carrying their bags out into the parking lot.

"Did you guys already check out?" I called out to Joe.

He didn't bother to turn around, but nodded. I yanked my bag out of Pete's hand and started to make my way towards the door.

"Someone's bitchy side is back," I heard Pete smirk from behind me.

"Someone's bitchy side is - shut the fuck up. If it weren't for your need to make out with me, Andy would've never found out," I whisper-yelled at him, slapping him upside the head.

He rubbed the side of his head and pouted, "That hurt."

"Oh, bullshit," I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. I walked out to the front of the building and walked over to the van. I threw my dirty clothes bag into the little trailer and sighed. These hormones really needed to calm the fuck down. I was so fucking moody.

"Hey, who's driving!?" Trick yelled as he locked up the trailer.

"Not it!" Joe yelled, touching his nose with his index finger.

I immediately followed suit and touched my nose, indicating that I was not a candidate to drive.

Patrick and Andy caught on quickly, and did the same.

"Pete!" I whisper-yelled at him, making him quickly place his finger on his nose.

"Jess!" Patrick yelled, almost at the same time I yelled Pete's name. She quickly did the same.

"I'll drive today, you drive tonight. Got it, Wentz?" She sighed as Joe tossed her the keys.

He shrugged and got into the van. He climbed in the back, and I followed. Andy and Joe got in the middle row, and Patrick got in the front passenger seat as Jess got in the drivers seat.

"Buckle up, motherfuckers," Jess mumbled, fixing the rearview mirror so that it was focused on Pete and I. It was like she was going to make sure we weren't gonna cuddle or anything.

Did she...know?
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// underdog - you me at six. :)

this really sucks, but i haven't updated in a week. i feel so bad. and now, i have to go to bed. i'm gonna get in trouble if i'm up any longer. goodnight. i'll edit this later today. :)

night guys. <3

x.