Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Starry Eyed

Rachel's POV

A lot can happen in one week. The guys finished their album, decided on a good release date, and were now working on their music video for the song "Sugar, We're Goin' Down". It was the only song Pete would let me hear. Apparently I had to wait like everyone else to hear the record in its entirety.

My mom decided to move back to Chicago after the finalization of the divorce with dad, and was currently living with my aunt until she found a good job and apartment. We talked pretty much everyday since I first called her. Yeah, she was upset at first, but around day four of her knowing, she came around to it. She was actually excited to be a grandma. My dad on the other hand took it much worse. He wanted to kill Jack. I didn't blame him. I was his little princess and some dude knocked me up. If I were in his shoes, I'd want to kill Jack too.

Kara kept me up to date on everything. The seniors apparently pulled some crazy ass prank that got the school locked down for a day. I think she said that they had a huge "war" with balloons filled with whipped cream in the middle of the hallways during class. It sounded hilarious, almost like something Pete would do.

And that brought me back to the guys. This whole entire week, Pete had pulled off at least one stupid prank per day. Baby powder covered pillow to Patrick's face. Smoke bomb set off in the bathroom while Jess was in there. Other stupid shit of that nature to everyone, but me. If he tried pulling anything on me, he knew he'd be killed.

"Hey, babe, does my eyeliner look okay?" Pete asked, snapping me out of my daze.

My head snapped over to look at him. I smudged a little bit, making it look better. "Now it does," I smiled.

"Thanks," He smiled, kissing me softly. He sat back down in his seat and listened to the director go on about something. I think he was explaining where to stand and what they had to do. If only he knew that they didn't stay still when they played. They couldn't stand still, even if they were just faking the playing.

"Alright, let's go!" The director yelled, the guys instantly jumping up from their seats. They ran over and grabbed their instruments and took their spots on the little tape x's.

I watched as everyone moved around set, setting up everything and making it all look perfect. Some girl ran over to Pete and touched up his makeup. I just did that, you whore.

She ran off set quickly, and the director yelled, "Action!"

The camera moved closer to Patrick as he started singing along to the track. I mouthed the words, watching the guys jump around as the song picked up speed.

"Cut! Guys, you need to stay on the marks," The director sighed, pointing to the tape.

"But we can't," Joe laughed. "It's just what we do."

He sighed, waving his hand in the air, telling them to start over. The guys smiled and repeated their actions.

***

"Celebratory dinner!" Trick yelled as he walked down the hallway. "Look nice!"

I rolled my eyes and pulled a little black dress out of the closet. Jess and I had gone shopping the day I told my mom about my pregnancy. Jess said it would make me feel better because shopping always cheers someone up when they're down, right? Wrong. It almost never made me fully happy.

I checked and made sure the door was locked before I stripped off my baggy sweatpants and Pete's hoodie. I looked over at the full-length mirror and sighed, rubbing my belly. Twelve weeks this tiny thing had been forming. Twelve long, hard, challenging weeks.

"Hello, little one," I smiled as I continued running my hand over my belly. I stared down at my stomach. "I hope you're not crazy like your daddy. I hope you're calm like me, your mommy..."

"I wish I could know your gender. I have a few names picked out for a girl," I continued speaking softly to the small baby inside me. "I need to come up with boy names."

A knock sounded at the door, causing my head to snap up and stare at it.

"Yes?" I asked after a moment of staring.

"Babe, can I come in?" Pete asked softly. He probably heard me talking to the baby.

I walked over to the door and opened it slightly, giving him enough room to get in. He shut it behind him, never once taking his eyes off of my body.

"You're growing so quickly," He breathed out, his eyes locked on my lower abdomen.

"I know right?" I smiled softly, staring at myself in the mirror. "Wanna feel?"

He looked at me, a little hint of worry gleaming in his eye. He reached out his hand slowly, almost afraid to touch my stomach. Why was he scared all of a sudden?

"You're not gonna hurt it," I laughed, yanking his hand towards me and placing it on my stomach.

His warm touch made my nerves tingle. I shuddered, loving the effect Pete had on me. I loved how every time he touched me, fireworks exploded inside of me, making my nerves dance and tingle.

I looked up at him, staring straight into his hazel eyes. He stared right back, love clouding his vision. I'm sure love clouded my eyes too.

Pete leaned in slowly, his hand still on my bump. He planted a soft kiss on my lips, sending lightning and fireworks to erupt and explode everywhere throughout my body.

"I've gotta get dressed," I said softly, pretty much ruining the moment as we pulled apart.

"Oh, yeah, right," He laughed, gently removing his hand from me. He stared at me with a small smile on his lips.

I smiled and turned around, slipping on the little black dress. I smoothed it out over myself, making sure there were no wrinkles or bumps.

I pulled my hair to the side and quickly braided it. A nice little sloppy side braid always looked nice.

"What do you think?" I asked, twirling around as Pete took a seat on the bed.

"You look gorgeous," He smiled.

"Thank you," I giggled like a little girl. I loved this feeling. I felt loved. I felt Pete would never hurt me. I felt he'd never look at a girl the way he looked at me. I felt happy.

After applying mascara, smokey gray eyeshadow, and a little eyeliner, I was ready to roll out the door.

"Can I borrow your eyeliner? I can't find mine..." Pete mumbled, going through his things in the bathroom cabinet.

"Yeah, but hurry up, Trick's waiting," I said, walking out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

"You are such a milf," Joe commented as I walked down the stairs.

I felt my cheeks get hot as I looked down at my black ankle boots, "Thanks, Joe."

"No, seriously, you look good," He smiled, wrapping me in a side hug. He kissed the top of my head before walking into the kitchen.

"Pete, hurry up!" Andy yelled.

"I'm coming!" He yelled back, running down the stairs. "You can't rush perfection."

"That's for damn sure," Jess mumbled, taking a bite out of her small cookie. "Let's go, you dirty fucks!"

Everyone scrambled out of the house and into the van. I climbed in the second row with Pete. Joe and Andy got the back row while Jess and Trick got the front.

"Onwards!" Jess yelled as Trick backed out and headed off down the street.

Fifteen minutes later and we were pulled up in front of some nice, fancy restaurant. We all piled out of the van and walked up to the doors.

Pete held the door for me. I nodded and smiled, "Thanks, baby."

A small blonde girl who looked about twenty-three greeted us as we all floated in. The place smelled of wine and steak. I was seriously craving both.

"Table for Stump," Trick said, stepping up to the podium.

"Ahh, yes. Six, correct?" The girl smiled.

"Yes."

"Right this way then," She said, grabbing six leather-bound menus and leading us to our table. The table was round and covered with a white cloth, folded blue napkins adorning the table. A bouquet of white and blue flowers sat in a nice blue vase positioned in the center of the table. Six glasses of water were placed by six sets of wrapped silverware. This was nice as fuck.

"Here you are. Enjoy."

I smiled politely and sat down on a small chair next to Pete. I grabbed a menu and glanced over it. Everything was so expensive and...French. Steak, snails, pasta, wine. Fancy French restaurant was fancy.

"How come we came here, Trick?" I asked, setting down the menu for a sec.

"To celebrate the release of our CD, and our new music video, which will be out in September, by the way," He smiled.

"I see. Well, let's fucking celebrate!" I laughed, raising my glass of water. Everyone laughed and raised their glasses towards the middle.

"To From Under The Cork Tree and it's success to come!" Jess cheered.

I laughed and sipped my drink. I set my glass down, then everything hit me. Everyone at this table was now my family. They all supported each other, loved each other, and we were all just one huge family. Running away was the best thing I've ever done.

***

Alex's POV

Jack and Alex had been fucking inseparable ever since he bumped into her in the cafeteria. It was kinda sickening to see how quickly he got over...her. I didn't. I knew I needed to. I tried, but no matter what I did with Lisa, she was always in the back of my mind. I wish I could have the memory of her erased from my mind. Life would be so much easier.

Then again, life would be easier if she didn't run. Well, maybe.

My mom found out about her running away. She kept asking why she ran, and if I had anything to do with it.

Of course I had something to do with it. I got her fucking pregnant. But I didn't dare tell her that. She would kill me. So would my dad.

"Barakat!" I yelled, running down the hall after him. He turned around, his fingers still laced with Alex's. It was weird that her name was Alex, 'cause when he would call her name out in the middle of the hallway, I would think he was calling me.

"Sup, bro?" He said as I caught up with them.

"Hey, Alex," I smiled to her.

She flashed her beautiful white teeth in a breathtaking smile before unlacing her fingers from Jack's, "Sweetie, I'll see you after class. See you later!" She walked away down the hall to her class. How Jack could land a girl like her, I didn't know. She was gorgeous.

"She's so amazing," He breathed out, watching her walk down to her class. "So, what's up?"

"Band practice."

"Oh, yeah, our band...I promise I'll be there today, Alex."

"Are you sure, Jack? You said the same thing last week," I said, rolling my eyes. The past week, Jack had blown off every single band practice because of Alex. I didn't get why he couldn't bring her to practice. She had him wrapped around her pretty little finger, and whatever she said, he did.

"I promise. I'll just bring Alex," He shrugged. "I missed you bros. Hanging out with Alex all the time is great, but, not gonna lie, I'm bored."

"Bored of her already? What the fuck goes on up there?" I laughed, hitting him upside the head.

"Bored of hanging out with her all the time, you dick. Yeah, I like her, but, oh my God, if hear one more thing about how she's gonna buy this pair of shoes, or this pair of pants, I'm gonna lose it."

I laughed loudly and shoved him, "You're terrible."

"I know," He laughed. "Wanna skip? I don't feel like going to English."

I shrugged, turning down the hallway. We walked out of school and to our cars. We walked down to the student parking lot, carefully avoiding security who recently started patrolling around the parking lot because of all the seniors that started skipping.

"Duck," I whisper-yelled at Jack as I saw one of the security guards walking in the upper parking lot.

Jack looked around, then dove down, tucking and rolling across the pavement. He stood up, making his fingers into little mock guns. He looked over his shoulder at me, waved me over, and stared at the security guard who was walking in the senior parking lot.

I chuckled and repeated what he had done moments ago. As I got to Jack, he stuck his head around the corner, checking to see if anyone was coming. He motioned for me to follow. I did as he said, following close behind.

"Hey, what are you kids doing?" Someone yelled, causing Jack and I to jump up.

"Run!" Jack screamed, bolting off towards his car. "Fucking run, man!"

I ran as fast as my legs could take me. I was running from security once again. Why? They hated me already, I was just making it so much worse.

Jack tripped on the curb, sending him to the concrete. I quickly turned around and helped him up, then started running again.

Thank God the damn security guard was a fucking whale. He couldn't keep up with us.

Jack and I reached both our cars. I quickly took my keys out of my pocket and unlocked my car. I slid into the seat and started the car as quickly as I could. I backed out of my spot and set the car in drive. I sped off down the parking lot and ran the red light that was placed at the entrance/exit.

Jack was close behind me, his tires screeching as he sped out of the parking lot.

I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the whale of a security guard standing at the light of the school, looking pissed as hell. I chuckled and focused my attention back on the road.

Jack and I were gonna be in so much shit when we went back tomorrow. That is, if we went back.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// starry eyed - you me at six (cover).
IT'S SUCH A WONDERFUL COVER. :3

ok, so, i kinda liked this update and i couldn't wait to post it. i only got three comments on the last chapter (boo, you whores. two more of you couldn't comment?). whatever.

thanks to -
rivals are insane
GetOnYourKneesKid
tyffanicheyenne
i love you guys. :3
Image

five comments get you a slice of cake and the next update. :3

x.