Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Homesick At Spacecamp

Rachel's POV

I glared at Jess as she took a seat on the couch. She changed the channel, completely ignoring that I was in the room and actually watching that. Bitch, I was in the middle of Toy Story 2!

I finished wrapping Pete's present and struggled to stand up. This fucking stomach...

"Hey, wait, where are you going?" Jess asked as I left the room.

"To hide my boyfriend's birthday present," I replied, walking up the stairs. I walked into my room and sighed, gazing at my packed bags. I was leaving tomorrow to go back to Chicago with Jess. Ugh, I wasn't looking forward to it.

I heard Jess clear her throat. I turned around and saw her leaning against the doorframe, her arms folded across her chest. She had the weirdest look on her face.

"Can I talk to you?"

I rolled my eyes and slid Pete's present under the bed. He'd never look under here. Ever.

His birthday was in a few days, but Jess and I were leaving before. So, I went out yesterday with Andy and Joe and got Pete a present. I was gonna call him and tell him where it was on his birthday. I thought it was a cute idea. Jess obviously didn't.

It had been three days since I heard her and Trick talking about me. I haven't really said much to either of them since.

"Seriously, can I please talk to you?" Jess said, completely annoyed with me by now.

I turned around, putting my hands on my hips. I glared at her, "What are you doing now, Jess? Are you not talking to me now?"

She groaned and slammed her head against the wall. I bit back my laughter. The noise she made as soon as her head it the wall was hilarious.

"You know what I mean, Rae."

I rolled my eyes, giving in to her, "Five minutes. Go."

She sighed, running her hand through her hair as she took a seat on my bed, "I wanted to talk to you about your relationship with Pete."

"What is there to talk about? You're not my mother, Jess. You can't tell me who I can and cannot see," I said, getting up and leaving the room. I walked into the bathroom and started going through the cabinet, taking out my things and putting them into a little bag.

"I know you disapprove of Pete and me, but fuck, who are you to say we can't be together? How would you like if I said you and Patrick couldn't see each other simply because I felt that you were gonna hurt him?" I continued ranting, getting angrier and angrier. I started just throwing things into the little bag. "Jess, just butt out of my relationship. If I get hurt, then I get hurt. If I don't, then I don't. None of it affects you. So just stay the fuck out."

She was speechless. She had no idea I knew what she had said. Her face flushed red. She was embarrassed. She mumbled something I couldn't understand and walked out of the room.

*

I stood in the airport, practically crying as I hugged Pete. I had my head buried in his neck and my arms wrapped around his torso.

He kissed the top of my head and pulled away a bit. I looked up at him, sniffling.

"Shhh, it's okay, baby," He whispered, petting some of my hair back away from my face.

No, it wasn't okay. I was losing my safety blanket. I was losing the only thing that kept me sane. How could he say it was okay?

"I promise you, everything is going to be just fine. When you get home, call me, alright? I'll get online and we can talk there, okay?" He said softly, rubbing small circles on my back to calm me down.

I nodded slowly. It wouldn't be the same. I wouldn't be able to touch him and kiss him whenever I wanted.

He sighed and let go of me. I felt unsafe without his arms around me. I was so pathetic.

I watched as he pulled something out of his pocket. It was a necklace box. Oh my God. He opened it to reveal a shining diamond pendent on a silver chain. I gasped, cupping my hand over my mouth. So this is what he got when he was out yesterday with the guys.

"Turn around."

I did as instructed as turned around, lifting my hair up a bit so he could clasp it without trouble.

I smiled, looking down at it as it rested on my neck. It was truly beautiful.

"Pete..." I whispered, pulling him closer to me. I planted a soft kiss on his lips. Even though it was soft and sweet, it was still full of passion. Anyone who saw us could tell we were in love. "I love you."

"I love you too," He whispered, hugging me tightly. He soon let go. I didn't want him too. I pouted, causing him to laugh. He removed his hoodie and handed it to me. "I want you to have this."

"But, Pete - "

"No, I want you to have it. I have another one back at the house anyways," He shrugged. I giggled and pulled it on, letting his sweet scent fill my nose.

I zipped it up, feeling myself pretty much get lost in the hoodie. It was perfect, just like the boy standing in front of me. How could Jess not trust him? He would never hurt me.

"Flight 106 to Chicago now boarding," A voice called over the terminal. I felt my heart drop into my stomach. I didn't want to leave my family.

"Andy, Joe, come here," I whined, holding out the 'ere' sound on 'here'. I wrapped my arms around them both. "I'm gonna miss kicking your asses in Mario Kart!"

"That was one time!" Joe defended his video game honor as we pulled apart.

I laughed and so did Andy, "It was more like six."

Joe just huffed and walked over to Jess, hugging her tightly. "I'm gonna miss you the most," I heard him whisper.

I gasped and punched him in the arm. He was only gonna miss her because she didn't kick his ass like I did at video games.

"Trick," I said flatly, facing him. I was still a little, okay fine, really pissed at him.

He just rolled his eyes and pulled me into a hug. I pat his back softly, wanting nothing more than to pull away.

"We gotta go, honey," Jess said, softly touching my shoulder. I pulled away from Trick and ran into Pete's arms one last time.

I kissed him deeply before Jess pulled on my arm, ripping me away from him.

"I love you," I whispered, waving goodbye to all of them.

***

"It never gets any easier, I swear," Jess mumbled, flipping through her magazine.

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest. I stared out of the tiny plane window, gazing at the clouds. We had left California about an hour ago. Jess just now decided to speak to me. Bitch...

"Oh, come on, you have to talk to me sometime!" She exclaimed, earning glares from neighboring passengers for her little outburst. "Christ, I said one bad thing about your precious little boyfriend. I'm sorry!"

"You didn't say one bad thing. You said many bad things. You said he was gonna take advantage of me!" I whisper-yelled at her. "Pete would never, ever take advantage of me!"

She rolled her eyes, "I'm sorry, okay? You can't stay mad at me forever. Christ, you're going to be living with me for three months. It's just gonna be you and me, no one else. We need each other. We can't fight..."

She was right. We would be living together for three months with no one else. We did need to get along. She was the only person I had left.

I groaned and slammed my head back into the seat. I hated how she was right.

I heard her laugh, "You can't stay mad at me forever. Especially when I'm right."

*

"Home sweet home," Jess mumbled as we entered the house. It was cold. And empty. It wasn't home. Home for me was back in California with the guys.

"I gotta call Pete," I muttered, going to get the phone. I walked into the kitchen, grabbing the phone on my way in. I dialed the all to familiar number and pressed the phone to my ear. It rang twice before I heard his voice fill my ears.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Peter," I laughed, my mood instantly becoming better. It was amazing what he did to me.

"Hey, babe. Can you get on the laptop? I wanna videochat," He said. It sounded like he taken a bit out of something. Of course he was eating something.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the living room where Jess and I had set down all our bags. I grabbed my laptop bag and walked over to the couch where Jess was currently sitting.

"Move," I demanded, sitting down. She scooted over a bit, sending a small glare my way. I just rolled my eyes again. I swear, I did that way too much. I couldn't stop.

I logged onto my IM. A little videochat invite popped up. I smiled and hung up the phone as soon as I saw Pete's face on the screen.

"Pete!" I squealed, wanting to hug the screen. But that would've looked so weird. Patrick appeared in the frame, as did Andy and Joe. "Guys!!"

They all laughed, each saying hello. Jess looked over and squealed when she saw Patrick, "Baby!"

"I miss you," Patrick said softly, a tiny smile appearing on his face.

"I miss you too," Jess pouted. They were no different from Pete and I. I didn't see why they gave us so much shit. So what if Pete was eight years older than me? That meant nothing.

Pete shoved Patrick's face out of the frame, explaining to him that this was our time, not his and Jess'.

Jess rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the TV, mumbling the word "bastard" under her breath. I let out a soft chuckle as Pete yelled, "Heard that!"

"So, um, three months can't fucking pass fast enough," I sighed, leaning back into the sofa.

He laughed, "I know. I see you're still wearing my hoodie."

"Of course I am," I said as if it was the most obvious thing ever. "It's all I have - "

"Ugh, you two are so sickening," Jess commented, fake gagging.

I gasped and shoved her off the couch. She landed with a loud thud. I laughed victoriously and turned my attention back to the screen.

Patrick was currently shouting, "Who was that!? Did Rachel fall?! Oh my God, Pete let me fucking see!"

A devious grin spread across my face. I set the laptop on the couch away from me. I started screaming, "Ow, fuck! Oh my God, shit!"

That only freaked Patrick out more. He was so worried. Jess was currently on the floor, laughing her ass off. She could see the screen. Apparently Pete and Patrick were wrestling over the damn laptop.

I tried so hard not to laugh. It was too much. I burst out laughing. I fell backwards on to the couch, laughing so hard. Jess was still on the floor, wiping the tears off her face. She had been laughing so hard she started crying.

"Patrick, you worry too much," I said softly. His head whipped to the screen, along with Pete's. He let go of Pete's shirt and glared at me.

"You had me fucking worried," He said, completely disregarding my comment.

I shook my head and stuck my tongue out at him. He just walked away.

"Now that he's gone..." Pete began. "Strip!"

I laughed loudly as, I'm assuming Patrick, threw a shoe at Pete. It hit him right in the head. Pete yelled a string of curse words before getting up and leaving the frame.

Jess appeared next to me on the couch, shaking her head, "God, that's one thing I don't miss at all."

I nodded my head in agreement. They did fight way too much.

"Guys, stop fucking fighting and - hey, Joe!" I smiled, waving at him as he appeared on screen. He was currently eating some popcorn. Suitable snack for what was going down. It's like he was watching a movie.

"Hey, Rae, so I've decided that we are still going to be practicing guitar," He said, shoving a handful of popcorn in his mouth. "I left one of my acoustics at home specifically for you. We're gonna practice every day, even when I'm on tour."

"Bassists are better!" Pete yelled, out of frame. I giggled and shook my head. He appeared on the screen, shoving Joe's head out of the way. "Seriously, bassists do it deeper," He winked at me.

Jess sighed and shook her head as I gasped and began giggling uncontrollably.

"Pete, stop talking to my baby cousin like that!" Patrick yelled.

"No," He replied simply. "Now, remember, when you're alone, get on and - Patrick, fucking stop!"

"Stop talking to her like that!"

"Dammit you two, be quiet," Andy said, breaking the two apart. Joe was still sitting in front of the laptop, eating his popcorn. I wanted some.

"Psst, Joe, send me some popcorn," I whispered, giggling. He shoved the bowl towards the screen, not taking his eyes off of something. It was most likely the TV. "Thanks."

"Do you want me to make some popcorn?" Jess asked, getting up from the couch.

"Ugh, that would be amazing," I replied.

Pete once again appeared on the screen, "Hey, just so you know, I miss you a lot, mmkay?"

"Alrighty. I miss you too," I sighed, realizing that I couldn't hug him right there. I missed him so much. Wah.

An hour was spent just videochatting with the guys - mainly Pete - about tour. We talked about bands that were gonna be on Warped Tour, what songs they should put on their setlist, how many fireworks and paintballs and shit like that Pete had brought with him so he could cause a shitload of mayhem on Warped, etc...

Soon, I had grown tired. Pete noticed and told me to go to bed. I wasn't looking forward to going to bed at all because I knew I would get little to no sleep.

I hadn't slept in a bed by myself since...fuck, I couldn't even remember.

"Go to bed, sleepy head," Pete mumbled, taking a bit out of his sandwich.

"No," I replied, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Seriously, I don't want Jess to call me at nine-o-fucking-clock tomorrow morning, complaining about how you're being a bitch because I kept you up all night. Go to bed."

I pouted. He was right. I would be insanely bitchy if I didn't try to get some sleep. I glanced at the time in the little corner on the laptop. 12:49 AM. Fuck. I did need some sleep.

I sighed, "Goodnight, Pete. I love you."

"I love you, too," He whispered softly. "Talk to you tomorrow, okay?"

I nodded, smiling weakly. He logged off, causing the screen to go black.

"My smile's an open wound without you," I whispered, touching the screen softly. I sighed and shut the laptop. I missed him so fucking much.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit://homesick at spacecamp - fall out boy. <3

long chapter is long.

le sigh. i know i keep saying this, but big things are going to happen in the next two chapters. and, i will make a deal with you all mmkay? if i get four/five comments with this chapter, i will put up the next chapter ASAP. i have it all written out and shizz. and, if i can get four/five comments on that one, i will put up the next chapter after that one. you guys should srsly comment because lol i love the drama that i put into these chapters. mhmmm.

i'm just so ~excited~. skldjgldskgjlsdg i'm a dork okay okay okay. now i need to go to bed because it is 1:44 and i have school later. okay. good night. commmmmmmment and gimme your thoughts pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :3

x.