Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

A Little Less Sixteen Candles

Rachel's POV

July 07, 2005.

I smiled to myself as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I had to look perfect today. I would be seeing Pete in less then three hours at Warped. You may say it is a terrible idea to go to Warped pregnant, but I say otherwise. Doctors say that you need to introduce your growing baby to music, and well, this baby would be introduced to the best music ever in about three hours.

I was currently trying on different dresses. Only two of them looked cute on me. I didn't really know if I should wear a dress or not.

I groaned and walked back over to my dresser, going through the top three drawers. I pulled out three different shirts, and two different pairs of shorts.

I couldn't decide on my own. I needed help. Jess help.

I exited my room and my eyes instantly fluttered shut. The smell of bacon consumed me as soon as I stepped foot into the hallway. Jess was amazing because she was making bacon at 7 in the morning. All for me.

I floated down the stairs and into the kitchen, my nose just leading the way. I stopped right behind Jess and rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Your bacon smells amazing," I whispered.

She laughed and patted my head with her left hand, "Thank you, sweetheart."

I giggled and kissed her cheek. We had grown so close after the guys left for Warped. All we had were each other. She was my new best friend, and "lesbian lover". Well, that's what we called each other. We were totally inseparable.

"After breakfast, I need your help picking out an outfit, kay?" I asked, walking over to the fridge to get myself some juice. I opened the fridge and instantly saw a jug of apple juice. I took it out, twisted off the cap, and drank the nice, cool liquid straight from the bottle. So refreshing.

"Hey!" She yelled. I turned around, my lips still pressed against the rim of the bottle. "Save some for me."

I set down the bottle and laughed, "Sorry."

I went through the cabinet and got down two glasses. One for me, and one for her. I poured ourselves some apple juice before getting down two plates. I set them out by her as she stuck two pieces of toast in the toaster. Toasty bacon sandwiches for the win!

I twisted the cap back onto the apple juice bottle and put it back into the fridge.

"So, what is Warped like?" I asked as I watched her take the toast out of the toaster.

"You've never been to Warped?" She asked, not taking her eyes off of the toast that she was now buttering.

"Nope," I said, going through the medicine cabinet to get my medicine for baby Barakat. I took out the pill bottles, dumped out right amount of pills, and placed the pill bottles back into the cabinet.

"I still don't understand how you can swallow those things," Jess said, staring at all the pills I had to take.

I shrugged and started taking them one at a time. I sipped my apple juice in between each one. Five pills. Not little tiny pills, but big pills. It sucked.

She took our food over to the table and sat down, instantly biting into her sandwich.

"And, why do you need my help picking out an outfit? That dress looks amazing on you," She said before taking a sip of her apple juice.

"Really? I'm not feeling it," I said, looking down at the dress I was wearing. "And, plus, I wanna look my best for Pete."

She rolled her eyes and took another bite out of her sandwich. I just laughed, doing the same. This sandwich was delicious.

"I think Pete will enjoy seeing you wearing that. And, just wear some boots with it. It'll be the perfect outfit," She smiled as she took one last bite of her sandwich.

I just nodded and finished my sandwich as well. I downed the rest of my apple juice and stood up, carrying my dishes to the sink. I set them down into the silver sink and sighed. I was so nervous about today. I just didn't think something was right. Something really
struck me as "off".

***

"Let's go!" Jess yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

I took one last look at myself in the mirror. I had settled on wearing the dress that Jess said was amazing, and some black, knee-high boots. The boots just pulled the whole outfit together. I had put on my Bartskull necklace, and the necklace Pete gave me. Everything looked good - Wait, I needed eyeliner. I applied some black eyeliner, making sure it was perfect. Honestly, I looked amazing for a pregnant girl.

I walked down the stairs and smiled as Jess gasped.

"You look amazing!" She smiled, hugging me tightly.

"Thank you, thank you," I said, pulling away from the hug. I bowed. I was such a loser.

She laughed and shook her head at me, "Let's just go. Patrick called and said that he would be waiting by the buses for us."

I nodded and grabbed my bag. I walked out the door first, Jess close behind.

We wordlessly got into her car, buckled in, and backed out of the driveway. My stomach was twisting into knots. I hadn't seen Pete in two months. I was just so nervous.

Jess turned on the stereo. Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued blasted throughout the car. Their new CD was amazing. And being apart of it, was even more amazing.

The ride to the venue consisted of Jess and I screaming FOB lyrics at the top of our lungs, getting lost two times, and almost hitting a deer. Which was totally weird because the deer was in the middle of the highway...

"We're fuckin' here!" She shouted, turning into the venue parking lot. She tried turning into the bus parking lot, but a police officer stopped her.

"Ma'am, this is for Warped tour - "

"They're with me!" Patrick yelled, running over to the car. "Here are their passes."

The police officer looked at the passes, then back at us and sighed, letting us go. Jess pulled into bus parking area, and parked right by the trees. Good, the car wouldn't be as hot because it was parked in the shade.

"Hey, Rae, I need to talk to you," Trick said to me as I got out of the car.

"Not now, Trick. I need to go find Pete," I said, trying to ignore him. I wanted to find Pete so badly.

"That's what I need to talk to you about."

I turned and faced him, raising my eyebrow at him, "Why?"

"Hey, Jess, can you go to the bus? I need to talk to Rae alone," Patrick said as Jess sighed and nodded. She walked off towards the buses. How did she know which one -

"Which one is yours!?" She yelled.

"Bus number 33!" He yelled back, almost in my ear. He turned back to me, "Rae, I really don't know how to tell you this, but...Pete's been - "

"Rachel!" Someone yelled.

I whipped my head around and saw Pete running towards me. I squealed and held my arms open for him to run into. He ran into my arms, and hugged me as tight as he could. It was so fucking cheesy, and cute.

I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him deeply. I missed this a lot.

He let me go as Trick walked closer to us. I smiled as Pete wrapped his arm around my waist. I really, really fucking missed this.

"You look hot," Pete whispered in my ear, causing me to giggle like crazy.

"Thanks, babe," I smiled, kissing the corner of his mouth. I watched as the corners of his mouth pulled up, forming a very adorable smile on his very adorable face.

"What did you want to talk about, Trick?" I asked, turning back to Patrick who was glaring at Pete. What was going on? If looks could kill, Pete would be dead.

He snapped out of his glaring game at Pete and shook his head, "Nothing, I'll just tell you later."

I shrugged and turned back to Pete, "I missed you."

"I missed you, too," He mumbled into the side of my head. I giggled at the feel of his hot breath on my head. He removed his arm from around my waist, and laced his fingers with mine as we walked through the bus parking lot, going to find their bus.

So many people were out here, loading and unloading equipment from dirty, white vans. There were little chairs set up in front of buses and vans, people occupying most of them. This was just like a summer camp for rockstars.

"Look out!" Someone called out. I turned around and saw a volleyball flying straight at me. I quickly ducked, letting the ball sail right over my head.

"Bilvy, watch it!" Pete yelled as I stood straight up again. I noticed a tall, skinny boy with long hair run over to us.

"Sorry, dude," The tall boy laughed. "And who is this?" He asked, taking my hand into his, raising it up to his lips, and kissing it softly.

I giggled and felt my cheeks light on fire, "Rachel, Patrick's - "

"Patrick and Jess are through?" He gasped, completely cutting me off.

"No! I'm Patrick's cousin," I laughed lightly. "And, Pete's girlfriend."

He shot Pete a questioning look as Pete just stood there, watching something. He was probably just watching everyone play volleyball.

"Pete, if you just want to go play volleyball, go ahead," I smiled, letting go of his hand. I wasn't going to hold him back from hanging with his friends. I honestly hated girls who were like that. Even though I hadn't seen him in two months, I was going to let him hang
with his friends. We could hang later.

"No, no, no, it's cool," He mumbled, grabbing my hand again. I smiled at him. He wanted to spend time with me. How fucking sweet was that. "Oh, yeah, by the way, this is William. He's from The Academy Is..."

"You can call me Bill, or Bilvy," William smiled.

"But I like the name William," My smile still plastered on my face. Then it hit me like a volleyball to the face. William was Ale - he who shall not be named's middle name! Fuck life. "Eh, maybe I'll call you Bill."

They just laughed. Good to know I'm funny.

"Bilvy, what the fuck takes you so long to get a damn volleyball?!" Someone shouted from the little mock volleyball court they had set up.

"Oh, right, volleyball," He chuckled to himself. I watched as he bent down to get the ball behind me. He stopped when he saw my stomach. Oh, great. This was highly awkward.

"Pete..."

Pete's head snapped in Bill's direction. He laughed nervously when he saw what Bill was staring at.

"When did this happen?"

"Before I met him," I said softly, not looking him in the eyes. I didn't want to look at his face. He was probably staring at me, a little disgusted.

"Oh, I thought Pete knocked you up. I was a little freaked, 'cause I know he knows better," Bill laughed, ruffling Pete's hair before turning to run back to the group. He stopped halfway, turned back around, and waved at us.

I waved back as Pete started walking away. He was loosely holding onto my hand, leading me towards their bus.

I gazed around me, taking in my surroundings. I had only been here fifteen minutes, and I loved it already. Faint music could be heard in the distance. So many bands would be playing today, each one of their sounds mixing together to form a mess of music-y goodness.

I smiled to people as they watched Pete and I walk to the bus. I earned weird, dirty, and even sympathetic stares. I kinda understood the weird and dirty stares, but not the sympathetic ones.

"And, welcome to our home on wheels," Pete said pointing to bus number 33, AKA, their bus.

I gazed up at the large brown and silver bus. This thing was massive. The door swung open to reveal Joe standing on the steps with his arms wide open.

"Rachel!"

"Broseph!" I squealed as he ran down the steps to hug me. I was quickly engulfed in his arms. I laughed and snuggled into his chest. He smelled like weed and Axe; a smell that I honestly missed.

He pulled away and grabbed my hand, dragging me up the stairs and onto the bus. I looked around the large vehicle.

From the outside, it looked like just a...a bus. But inside...the inside looked like a home. Clothes, empty pizza boxes, and shoes were littered everywhere, just like our house was before Jess cleaned it all up.

I stepped over a BB gun as I made my way to the center of the bus. I propped my elbows up onto the sink and leaned back, letting my elbows have the job of keeping me up.

"You look huge," Joe pointed out as he sat on the couch. What a fantastic way to start off a conversation. Leave it to Joe to do things like that.

I rolled my eyes and forced a laugh, "I know. Next month will be seven months. Then eight...then it's here..."

An awkward silence filled the bus. Fantastic. I was the queen of conjuring up awkward silences. Always have, and always will be.

Soon, someone burst through the front door of the bus, carrying a six pack of beer in one hand, and a paintball gun in the other. Who the fuck was this dude?

"Guys! Who's ready to fucking part - party?" The mystery dude's voice slowed down, and toned down after his eyes landed on me.

"Dirt, this is Rachel," Pete said, pointing to me. No shit I'm Rachel. I'm the only thing with a vagina in this room. There is no need to point. "And Rachel, this is Dirty."

I waved and smiled slightly at Dirty. He definitely seemed dirty. His name fit him well. He waved back awkwardly.

He gazed at my stomach. I knew I should've worn something a little less revealing. Everyone had stared at me. I didn't like all the attention at all.

"Dirty," Pete said, throwing a nerf football at his head, trying to snap him out of the staring contest he was having with my stomach. "Dirty!"

He snapped out of his daze and looked over at Pete, "What?"

"You're such a dick, bro," Pete said, taking the beer out of Dirty's hand. He walked over and set it on the counter behind me.

"How am I a dick?" Dirty asked, feigning hurt.

I stared off at the bunk area, losing interest in hearing Pete explain why Dirty was a dick. Something caught my eye.

Bottom right bunk...was that...a...?
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit://a little less sixteen candles, a little more touch me - fall out boy. <3

time jump, really!?

this chapter has been split into two. hence only half the title of a little less sixteen candles blahblahblah yeah. :D

so what do you think patrick had to talk to rae about!?
what do you think she saw?!
WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!?

outfit

five comments and i'll post the second part tomorrow. immediately. ;D

I LOVE YOU ALL, MUAH.

x.