Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Running From Lions

Rachel's POV

I stepped out of the school and walked across the parking lot, instantly spotting Trick's car.

I got in, slammed the door shut, and buckled myself in. I didn't say one word to him, 'cause honestly, I was upset with him.

He knew that Pete totally dropped my name in that interview. He didn't try to stop him. He just let it slide.

"How was your first day?" He asked, clearing his throat.

"Fine. Just drive," I said, looking straight ahead.

"Are you okay?"

"Fine."

He sighed and looked over at me, "Is school really that bad?"

"Trick, Pete fucking talked about me in an interview. I just fucking found out about it. I'm pissed beyond belief," I growled, still looking straight ahead.

"What?" He asked, a little confused.

"Don't act like you don't know about it. He talked about me. One - I fucking hate him because he cheated. Two - I fucking hate him because Alex is now gonna know where I ran to! I just want to strangle Pete right now," I ranted, throwing my head back into the headrest. I was
so fucking frustrated right now. I just wanted to kick and scream and just literally go crazy.

"Oh, shit, I'm sorry? But I really do think you should watch that interview. Pete had a lot to say. Not just about you, but about some songs that - "

"Just take me home," I said, not wanting to hear about anything to do with that bastard.

"What about I take you to McDonalds to make up for me being an ass?" He asked, smiling a bit. I couldn't help but to smile and nod my head. Food would probably help just a bit...

*

"So, how do you like your classes?" Trick asked as he dipped a fry into his ketchup before popping it into his mouth.

"I dunno. They're okay, I guess," I shrugged, taking a bite out of my chicken sandwich. "I don't like waking up early. I didn't miss that."

He chuckled, shaking his head at me, "Oh, come on, not even a little bit?"

I laughed and threw a fry at him. It hit him right on his hat. He gasped and took it off, inspecting it and making sure no salt got on it.

"Dork..." I snorted, popping a fry into my mouth.

"Be quiet," He laughed, placing his hat back on his head. "Is there anything else you didn't miss about school?"

"Social interaction with dumbfucks my age," I said, rolling my eyes. "All fucking day I got called hot, weird, and, well, lucky."

"Lucky?"

"I'm related to you. I have connections to one of the country's upcoming bands," I laughed. "Plus, people kinda know about Pete and I...which I fucking hate."

"Damn, Miss Popular!" He chuckled. "I wonder if anyone who picked on me in high school has a sibling in your grade..."

"Well, the assholes that picked on you are now probably regretting it. I mean, look at you! You've got a gorgeous girlfriend, an awesome band, and you've got some of the greatest friends."

"You're right," He smiled sheepishly.

My eyes floated up to the door, watching customers come and go. I loved people watching. My heart stopped as one person walked in. Dammit.

"Trick, dear God, what is he doing here? I wanna leave," I said quickly, shoving the remainder of my sandwich in my mouth. I sipped my drink quickly. In fact, too quickly. I ended up choking on it, drawing the attention I did not want to me.

"Oh, don't tell me Pete's here..." He mumbled, turning around. He sighed and turned back around to face me. "Rae, you can't keep avoiding him like this."

"Yes, I can," I said sternly. I got up to leave, but it was too late.

Pete stopped me from going anywhere. He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me off to the side. "Rae, can we talk? I just want to have one conversation where you don't - "

"Dammit, Pete. What have I told you? Leave me the fuck alone. I want to be left alone. I don't want to talk to you. I don't even want to see you. I want to be Pete free for at least a fucking week," I growled.

"Rachel, please!" He whined. He looked like he was about to cry...

"Nope," I said, walking away from him. I looked like a cold, heartless bitch to anyone who passed by us. Only Trick, Pete, and I knew why I hated Pete.

"Stop running from your problems!" He yelled after me.

I walked out to Trick's car, choking back tears. I had to be strong and not cry. I couldn't cry. I wouldn't. I would show Pete that I could go on without him. Even though I honestly don't think I could.

***

Alex's POV

"Alex, bro! Wait up!" A voice yelled from behind me. I turned around slowly, not recognizing the voice. A kid ran up to me and smiled. Uh, who the fuck was this? "You dated Rachel Woods, right?"

My heart just dropped into my stomach at that question. Why was some random as fuck kid asking if I dated Rachel? I nodded my head apprehensively. Thousands of scenarios flooded my head. What happened to her? Was she back? Did she realize that she made a mistake by running? Did she come back because she realized she loved me? Hah, yeah right.

Did she die? No, no, no. I couldn't think like that. I fucking couldn't.

"I know where she is," He said, smirking a bit.

I arched my eyebrow up at him. A random as fuck kid just ran up to me in the middle of the hallway to tell me he knew where my ex-girlfriend ran to? Sounds super legit.

Did I want to hear what this kid had to say? Or did I just want to blow him off and walk away? Of course I wanted to know what he had to say. But, I wasn't going to listen. If I found out where she was, I would become obsessed with finding her. And I just got over started getting over her. I wasn't going to ruin the progress I was making.

God, I sounded like a fucking drug addict. Rachel was my drug.

"Did you hear me, dude?"

"Yeah, and I don't care," I said, walking away. I would probably regret not asking where she was. It would probably eat me up inside. All I needed to do is find a pen and some paper. I needed to get my thoughts down as quickly as I could.

I ran into my math class and sat down, instantly pulling my notebook from my bag. I pulled out a sheet out paper that I found recently. It had something that I'd written last year.

"Get me out of this place, before I cause more damage.
A small price to pay for building houses out of matchsticks.
And when things get too hot, you've got me to blame for every fire that breaks out in every lover's name."

I liked it. I don't understand why I thought that was such shit last year.

"Don't forget, we've got unfinished business.
Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
And I regret not knowing when to put an end to all this madness.
Keeps me wanting, keeps me wanting more..."

I tapped my pencil on my desk, trying to think of something else to write. I thought of her. She was...yesterday's news. No one talked about her anymore. It was like she just never existed.

"Sell me out I'm yesterday's old news, phrases left on paper.
Black ink bleeding through the pages where we made our history.
Call me foolish.
I feel hopeless..."

"Alex?"

"Here," I said, waving my hand a bit in the air, my eyes never once leaving my paper.

"Running from lions never felt like such a mistake.
Like a deer in the headlights, I won't know what hit me.
Running from lions never felt like such a mistake.
Like a deer in the headlights, I won't know what hit me."

Done. I reread what I wrote. It was missing something. The chorus. I needed to use something that sounded good.

"Don't forget, we've got unfinished business.
Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
And I regret not knowing when to put an end to all this madness.
Keeps me wanting, keeps me wanting more..."

Perfect. I had finished a song in under ten minutes. That's a new personal best.

If it wasn't for her leaving, I don't think I'd ever be able to write songs as powerful as this. In a way, her running away actually made everything better. Huh, who knew something so fucking heartbreaking could be so...good.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit://running from lions - all time low.

lalalaaaa. 'ello. :)

i stayed home today. so i'm bored. boredom produced this. :)

i'm trying to figure out how/when i should end this. i'm thinking 65? idk. we'll see~~~~

i love -
rivals are insane
katakanaLOVE
BieberShadows
&
on envy coast
<3

mmmmmmmmmkay, i don't really have much else to say haha. D:

5 comments?

x.