Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Ho Ho Hopefully

Alex's POV

December 23rd, 2005

Music blared throughout my house. My parents were in England, while I was home for the holidays. I'd promised that I wouldn't throw any parties. Promises are meant to be broken, though, right?

Even if they weren't, I still broke them.

Jack came dancing over to me, one drink in each hand. He handed one to me, laughing at something. I took the red Solo cup and downed whatever was in it. I never questioned what Jack gave me.

If I did, he'd get offended, telling me "I can't believe you don't trust me! I thought I was your best friend!" I just learned to take it and drink.

"Hey, Lis," Jack smiled, hugging her.

"Hi, cutie," She giggled.

"So, you guys - "

"Alex, Jack, look up," Lisa laughed, pointing up.

Jack and I both looked up and noticed mistletoe hanging in the doorway we were standing under. Oh, God.

"Pucker up, Lex," Jack said, grabbing me and pulling me in for a kiss. The house exploded into laughter and cheering. Wow. If they liked this, they would love what I was about to do.

I grabbed Jack's face, pulling him even closer to me. I could feel him smile against my lips, which, in turn, caused me to smile. We were both enjoying this a little too much.

I pulled away from him, laughing like crazy at his dazed look. It was obvious he was drunk.

"Merry fucking Christmas!" He finally shouted, kissing me again roughly. I laughed and shoved his drunk ass away from me. He kept giggling. Yup, drunk as fuck.

"Wow, Lex, you seemed way into that..." Lisa giggled as I made my way to the kitchen for another beer. "I almost think you and Jack are gay."

I smiled, "Aww, c'mon, you know I love you and only you."

Wait. What. Did I just tell Lisa I loved her? I mean, I meant it, but...holy shit, I didn't think I'd ever be able to tell her.

I watched as her soft smile faltered a bit. Oh, fuck, she didn't love me back. Oh, dude, this was not good. Before I could open my mouth and say something to save my ass, she pressed her soft lips against mine for a sweet simple kiss that said "I love you, too".

"Let's go somewhere a little more...private, yeah?" She said, grabbing my hand.

I smirked and led her through the crowd of people and up the stairs to my room. Tonight was gonna be amazing.

As my lips attached to Lisa's neck, some asshole knocked on the door.

"Alex..."

"Just ignore it, they'll go away," I whispered, kissing her roughly. No one was gonna ruin this night for me. No one.

The knocking became faster and louder to the point where we couldn't ignore it. I sat up, pissed as hell. "What?!" I yelled.

"Lex, dude, bro, oh my, God, you have to come see this!" It was Jack. I wanted to throw him out of a goddamn window.

"Jack, I'm busy," I groaned.

The door burst open, revealing a shirtless Jack. What the actual fuck. "Not anymore," He said, grabbing me and carrying me down the stairs.

I fucking hated him so much. How could he just interrupt me and Lisa like that?! I don't care how drunk he was, it was still rude as fucking hell.

He set me down, but still dragged me outside. It was snowing and I was only wearing a t-shirt and jeans. Why was he -

The sky lit up in reds and greens. Someone was setting off fireworks. I stared up at the sky in awe. I felt a hand brush up against my own. Lisa smiled and grabbed my hand. I smiled down at her before kissing her lips softly.

"I love you, Alex," She whispered, resting her head on my shoulder.

Rian came over with Kara hanging loosely onto his hand. They stared up at the sky, watching color burst into the sky and the snow falling down lightly. Zack was standing next to Jack, sipping his beer and also staring up at the colorful sky. Jack was right beside me, shirtless, with a smile on his face.

"I fucking love you guys," I said, breaking the silence that wrapped around only us.

"We love you too, Alex," They all said at the same time. I laughed lightly. I was surrounded by friends; the people I loved. I was right where I was supposed to be. I loved my life.

***

Rachel's POV

December 23rd, 2005.

A light blanket of snow covered the whole city of Chicago. I smiled and took a sip of my hot chocolate as I watched the snow fall down slowly.

I was curled up on the couch right in front of the fireplace at Jess'. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve and the guys were coming home from a show they had to do out in California a few days ago.

Jess came and sat next to me, cuddling right into my side, "Hey, pretty lady."

I laughed and rested my head on her shoulder, smiling softly, "Hey, Jess."

"Don't you just love this time of year?" She breathed out, watching the snow fall down softly outside.

"It's always been my favorite. Everyone seems so happy and in such a good mood. Plus, everything is so beautiful," I smiled as Jess turned on the TV.

The Santa Clause was on. That was one of my all time favorite movies - holiday or no holiday, I would watch it whenever.

Jess and I watched it, until I eventually fell asleep on the couch.

***

I sat up and looked around, stretching slightly. A small yawn escaped my lips.

I dragged myself off the couch, heading towards the kitchen. I saw a note on the counter. I picked it up and scanned it over.

"Heylo Rae, I went to pick up the guys. I'll be home at...four. Ew. Alright, peace. Don't. Eat. The. Candy. Canes.

- Jess. :)"

I laughed at the little note, setting it down, and walking over to the other counter. I saw nothing that I wanted to eat. Merh.

I strolled back into the living room, plucking a candy cane off the tree as I went by. I unwrapped the top of it and began sucking on it. I loved candy canes. So much.

I wrapped myself up in a bunch of blankets and flipped on the TV. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas was on. Fuck yeah. I loved ABC Family's Christmas movie marathons. They always played the best movies.

I sat on the couch, sucking my candy cane and watching TV.

*

The door opened, a rush of cold air came sneaking in as the guys and Jess piled in.

My head snapped towards them, watching as they all set down a suitcase and began to strip off their heavy winter jackets.

"Rae!" Joe screamed when he saw me sitting on the couch.

I smiled, unable to wave because of how I was wrapped up. He came running over to me.

Before I could get a 'no!' out, Joe jumped on me. I grunted as his body landed on mine. He cuddled into me, messing up my little cocoon.

"You're so warm, and you smell like peppermint," He mumbled.

"And you're cold...and you smell like weed and axe," I laughed, freeing my hand to ruffle his hair.

"Hey, Rae!" Andy smiled, sitting on the other couch next to the one Joe and I were on.

"Hi, Andy," I smiled softly, waving at him. "How was Cali?"

"Beautiful."

"I wish I could've go - "

"Ugh, what the fuck is she doing here?" Pete said as he noticed me. He threw off his jacket and shoes and ran upstairs.

"Love you, too, Wentz," I muttered, still stroking Joe's hair. I sat like that, absentmindedly running my fingers through Joe's hair as I thought about Pete.

He had gotten over his love for me. He stopped waiting up for me to come around. He just fucking dropped me. His love quickly turned to hate. Whenever I came over Jess', he would roll his eyes at me, then leave the house.

I knew how he felt when I ignored him. I felt like shit. I could only imagine how he felt when I ignored him.

"You two need to talk," Andy said before getting up and leaving the room.

I sighed, knowing Andy was right. I got up, leaving Joe on the couch. He had fallen asleep while I was running my fingers through his hair. He must've been so stoned or something.

He slumped off my lap as I stood. I giggled and shook my head at him. I covered him up with one of the blankets I had been using. I dragged my sorry ass up the stairs, going to talk to Pete. I knew this was going to be a terrible idea.

I knocked on his door, opening it slightly. I peeked in and saw just a lump under the blue and brown comforter.

I went and sat down next to him on the bed as he sat up and looked at me.

"Get out," He said, pointing to the door.

"Pete, I'm not leaving," I said, folding my arms across my chest.

"I said get out," He said again, this time his teeth were clenched. He looked pissed as hell at me.

"And I said I'm not leaving," I replied, a small smirk growing on my face. I wasn't going to just leave because he said so. I was going to stay and bug him, just like he did to me.

"What the hell do you want?" He groaned, falling back onto his bed. He rubbed his face roughly with his hands.

His strong hands...hands that I missed when they wrapped around my waist and pulled me rough —

Oh, God, stop it!

"Andy said we should talk," I shrugged, crossing my legs. I rested my elbow on my knee and my head in my hand.

"About what?"

"Why you hate me, I guess?"

"Well, let's see…you're a fucking bitch," He said, sitting up, smirking a bit.

"And you're a pathetic little fuck who likes to cheat on his fucking girlfriend," I growled. I could feel my blood begin to boil underneath my skin. Coming up here to talk to him was such a bad idea.

"Yeah, I like to cheat on people. It's what I do in my spare time. I love the way a broken heart feels," He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"For all I know, I could've been a little toy for you to use, then hurt so you can get nice little songs out of it."

"I don't do that. Why would I fucking hurt someone on purpose? I know how it fucking feels to be hurt!"

"Then why did you do it!" I screamed, getting in his face.

Pete's lips forcefully crashed into mine. My eyes went wide before slamming shut.

His rough, calloused hands cupped my soft, smooth face as we sat there kissing.

Before I could even process what the hell I was doing, my hands grabbed the collar of his shirt, tugging it off of him. Our lips unlocked as I yanked the black shirt off of him and threw it to the corner of the room.

He smirked, pushing me roughly to the bed. His body hovered over mine, our heartbeats and shallow breaths filled the room.

I bit my lip as he unbuttoned my pants. He attached his mouth to my neck, biting down as hard as he could.

I can't say I didn't miss this at all.

***

"Pete?" I asked softly.

"Yeah?" He mumbled, glancing up at me. He moved to the side, wrapping his tattooed arms around my thin, sweaty body. He kissed the side of my head as I drew a deep breath in.

"Are we...nevermind," I sighed, expelling all the air in my lungs that I had taken in.

"Are we what? A thing again?" He asked, propping himself up on his elbow. He stared down at me as I sighed and pulled the covers up over myself.

"Yeah," I mumbled into the blanket. It was weird talking to Pete like this, because, well, we hadn't spoken in months.

"If you want to be," He replied, kissing my lips softly before laying down and cuddling into me. I missed the nights like these way too much.

*

I woke up about two hours after my little talk with Pete. I slowly moved Pete's arm off my waist, got up, and went around the room, grabbing my clothes. I slipped them on quickly and flipped my hair, making it a little less "sex hair" and a little more "just woke up hair".

I slowly creaked open the door and peeked my head out, glancing around. I stepped out of the room, heading down the hall to the stairs quietly.

I strolled down the stairs, a slight smile on my face. I felt like I was a little kid sneaking downstairs to watch Santa pack presents under the tree.

I was happy for the first time in months. Pete and I had sex. Amazing sex. We were back together. He didn't hate me, I didn't hate him. No one hated anyone.

"Well, hello there," Joe winked at me as he walked by the stairs.

"Hi?" I said, walking into the kitchen with him.

"So, the whole neighborhood heard you and Pete," He said, trying to bite back his laughter.

"What?" I asked, my eyes growing insanely wide. Were we really that loud?

"Oh, don't deny it! You and Wentz fucked. Just admit it," He laughed, grabbing the orange juice out of the fridge. He chugged it as I stared at him, my mouth hanging open in shock.

"Thank God you and Pete are back together," Andy chuckled as he walked into the room. I turned to face him, my expression still the same. I could feel my cheeks getting super warm.

Joe nearly choked on his orange juice from laughing so hard.

"I mean, that's not what I meant by you should go up there and talk to him, but, hey, I'll take it. No hate this Christmas," He laughed, ruffling my hair.

"Were we really that loud?" I asked, placing my face in my hands.

"Dude, fuck, you scared us. The bed was like, hitting the fucking wall so hard, we thought you were gonna break through it," Joe laughed.

"Oh my God," I breathed out, shaking my head. I knew I was loud when I had sex, but I had no idea how loud.

"Oh, and you smell. Annnnnn-duhhhh, you've got about four or five hickeys on your neck," Joe continued pointing out everything that led to the conclusion that Pete and I had sex.

My hand flew up to my neck, feeling the marks. I groaned and slammed my head on the counter. Everyone heard. Everyone could see. Everyone pretty much knew. That was embarrassing.

A pair of arms snaked around my waist. I sat up straight and turned around to see Pete.

I smiled softly, leaning in and kissing him.

"It is so nice to have you back," He said softly as we pulled apart.

"I didn't miss that at all," Joe mumbled, walking out of the kitchen. Andy laughed and followed him, leaving us alone.

"Come on, I'm cold and I'm pretty sure The Nightmare Before Christmas is on," Pete said, grabbing my hand and leading me out to the living room. He let go of my hand and ran upstairs for something. I stood in the middle of the room, smiling to myself. I was so happy.

Pete came back down, carrying the comforter we bought. I chuckled to myself as he plopped down on the floor by the fireplace and Christmas tree. He yanked me down to sit on his lap.

I smiled and cuddled into him as he wrapped the comforter around us.

"Aww, aren't you two the cutest?" Joe cooed from his spot on the couch.

"We're cuter!" Jess defended Patrick and herself from their spot on the couch behind us. They were cuddled into each other, just like Pete and I. Except they had hot chocolate. Which I desperately wanted...

"Get me some hot chocolate, someone?!" I whined.

"You're not pregnant anymore, you can get it," Joe said, settling deeper into the couch. Jerk.

I stood up and walked into the kitchen, getting myself a cup of hot chocolate. "Make that two!" Pete yelled.

I laughed and rolled my eyes, getting him a cup as well. I walked back out to the living room, handing him his cup as I sat back on his lap. "Thank you, cutie," He said softly, kissing me.

"Guys, life is fucking awesome right now," Andy commented, looking at each of us. "I love you all!"

"I love you all, too!" Everyone yelled at the same time. I giggled and buried my face in the crook of Pete's neck. Life couldn't get any better. Things were the way they were supposed to be. I was where I was supposed to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
ho ho hopefully - the maine. <3

hiiiiiiii. i really like this chapter. it's cute. there's a jalex moment, alex is happy, and pete & rae are back together and insanely happy!!! best thing evah~*~*~*

um. there was supposed to be a sex scene but lol when i reread it, it was too awkward. :| idky i'm telling you this 'cause you probably don't give a fuck.

so, um, this actually might be the last chapter. idk just yet. but, it's gonna have a sequel, yay!!! :D :| :D i scrapped the idea that made the last chapter so important 'cause it just would've dragged this story on. now i have no new ideas. so. this may be it.

i can't think of anything else to say. hm.

ohjhhjsdglksdjg OMG!! my friends and i are taking a pedo van to prom haaaaaahahahahaha. :') and i'm gonna tumble out of it like fob did at the vmas in '05. it's gonna be so damn epic! skdjflsdfkjlsdf. :')))))))))))))

in case you don't know what i'm talking about - click here! it's at :06.

i love-
chachachloe
rivals are insane
tyffanicheyenne
TakeMeAsIAm
<3

edit:// yeah this is it. the new story should be up very shortly. i love all of you who have commented & subscribed. <3

comment and subscribe to the sequel when it goes up! :D<3


thoughts would be greatly appreciated. <3

x.