Status: One Shot Done

Now My Heart Is Broken Like the Bottles on the Floor

Doesn't Really Matter

Kayci was in the middle of dancing around in the kitchen, listening to Kesha’s ‘Party At A Rich Dude’s House’ which completely fit the situation. She was completely drunk and I was somewhat tipsy, we had been invited to a party by a friend of a friend and we had no clue who owned the house besides it was a rich guy’s place. I watched Kayci lift her shirt to take it off, I sighed and walked away, knowing that she’d be shirtless and in her bra in a minute. “Alex, Adam,” I walked up to Kayci’s completely homolicious brother and her fiancé, they were by the pool table talking to a few friends they knew. “Kayci’s stripping in the kitchen, she has an audience.”

“Shit!” Adam handed his red plastic cup to one of his friends and ran for his sister; Alex sighed and gave me a look before he walked slowly after Adam, Alex had been put through this situation a lot. Kayci was a sloppy, slutty, happy drunk and when she got overheated she took her shirt off.

“I’m sorry,” a guy with shoulder length brown hair, wavy and slightly fluffy ran into me; or rather fell into my back. He had been pushed by Kayci as she ran by, her shirt off and her jeans off as well, she was just in her underwear. Adam and Alex were chasing after her, screaming at her to stop before they had to tackle her. “Is that Kayci Lambert?”

“And her Brother Adam and angry fiancé Alexander Skarsgard,” I told him as I turned to the man, he was pretty cute but lanky and very tall. “She’s my best friend. I’m Rachel Powell, your—?”

“The owner of this house that will be completely trashed in the morning,” the man chuckled and then grunted as he shook my hand. “I’m William Beckett; it’s nice to meet you Rachel. I don’t mean to seem like a complete perv but you’re beautiful.”

I blushed, unable to keep from being embarrassed by his compliment. “Thank you,” I smiled at him and looked up into his pretty eyes, he seemed so innocent but so—mysterious.

“Can I get your number?” he was so blunt it was kind of hard not to be interested in him. I smiled softly, nodding my head as I reached out for his phone and put my number in, I handed him my phone and he did the same. “I like your background.”

“I have a thing for penguins,” I blushed again and put my phone away. He chuckled and nodded his head.

“I have a thing for shoes if it makes you feel any better,” he offered with a soft smile. I laughed at his gentlemanliness and continued to talk with him for a few more minutes. “You want another drink?”

“I wouldn’t mind one, Alex is our DD,” I smiled and followed him to the kitchen, he mixed me a drink called a Ninja Turtle and we drank a couple of those before I lost all control.

I woke up the next morning with a major hangover and a loud ringtone drilling into my head. I leaned over the bed I was in, not paying any attention to the fact that I was naked and in a strange place. I just reached for my phone in my pants pocket, the ones on the floor, my mission to turn the damn thing off or answer it. “What?” I growled into the phone once I managed to push the right button with closed eyes.

“My head hurts so badly,” Kayci whispered painfully, I could tell she was clutching her head and hanging near a toilet bowl. “I don’t know where I am. I think Alex and Adam left me somewhere.”

“Your probably still at the party,” I murmured and then realized I probably still was too. I glanced around the room, drinking in all the things in it. It was a common bedroom, chest of drawers, closet, armoire, desk and dressers, all kinds of stuff that matched in black and chrome. I glanced fully around and noticed the body in bed with me, I couldn’t stop the scream that fell from my lips, which hurt my own ears and forced me to fall off the bed. “Oh my God!”

“Shut up,” the body cried out, in pain of course. “Please, just shut up.”

“What the hell is going on?” Kayci asked through the phone I had clutched to my cheek. “Rachel? Rachel answer me.”

“I slept with some random guy, Kayci,” I cried out and grabbed the sheet around my waist. I forgot my hangover and ran for the door; I escaped the bedroom and went for the nearest bathroom. Kayci was hunched over the tub, looking lost as she gazed at her phone in confusion. I grabbed her arm and yanked her up. I dropped the sheet and took the robe from the back of the door and slid it on, Kayci tilted her head looking like a lost puppy dog. I ignored her and grabbed her arm, running for the door again. Once we were down the stairs, we searched for Alex and Adam, who had apparently started drinking after a long night and collapsed in different areas (Adam in the kitchen in a pile of beer cans and Alex on the living room couch, half way off in the floor), we took them both and ran from the house. No one bothered to talk until we got home, still they didn’t mention anything.

Unfortunately for me, the night I planned to forget had come back with a vengeance. Kayci sat on the tub, chipping the polish off her nails, her nervous tick while I sat on the toilet, biting my nails. “Has it been five minutes?” she asked skittishly, looking over to see if it was ready.

“It’s been three,” I told her softly, watching the stick with growing horror. “Does that look like a smiley face on the third one?”

“The second one says positive already,” Kayci whispered breathlessly, with a smile on her face. “The first one shows its positive too.”

“Kayci,” I whispered her name as I sat back and leaned against the back of the toilet, she waited patiently for me to get my bearings. “I’m pregnant with William Beckett’s child.”