Status: Active

I Only Had Eyes For You

Chapter 12

May 13, 2010

I have recovered from the activities of the other night. Finally.

I was still pretty pissed about what happened, though. I mean, I already had two traffic violations to pay for; I really didn’t need any more tickets.

So, what do I end up with? Two more tickets, naturally.

I now owe the state of Iowa a grand total of, wait for it, seven hundred and sixty-one dollars.

Does anyone else think that’s a lot of money, because I sure do?

I wasn’t really happy about what came about from me choosing to hang out with Mike for the night, though. And just because the driver was driving a little too fast. I mean, really? We get pulled over for speeding and half the occupants of the car get tickets, but not the driver. Makes sense, right? Not!

Well, anyway, moving on.

I was officially in Mike’s group. Or rather he would remember who I was for more than five minutes.

He was a piercer, so he saw a lot of people every day. He didn’t always remember them when they came back in, unless they made a huge fuss about getting the piercing. I never made any fuss, so he really didn’t mind giving me piercings. I was easy. No, not in a sexual sense, either. But that also meant, he didn’t remember me from getting piercings from him, which, in a sense, I was okay with. Mostly, now, because he remembers who I am and I’m invited to come hang out basically whenever.

I took advantage of this. I started hanging out with Mike and his friends more. They were cool and completely different from the people I usually hang out with.

I had been thinking about gauging my ears for about a week before I actually went in to do it. I decided to start out at 14 because I wasn’t quite ready to put a huge hole into my ear. Mike actually suggested starting there as well.

After we finished gauging my ears, I told him I had to go to the mall to get new shoes. Mike told me I had to come back and show them to him. I agreed and drove off to the mall.

I went to the shoe store first. I already knew what shoes I was going to get, if that had them in my size, that is. They did, well, sort of. I wear seven and a half, but they only had even sizes. I tried on the sevens first and they seemed to fit pretty well; like a seven a half would have if they had them.

I was getting Converses, so they ran a little bit bigger. That was okay with me. I didn’t even bother trying on the eights. I just got the sevens. I got two pairs. One was bright yellow with pink tongues. Well, it had a pink and a yellow tongue. I thought they were pretty sweet. I loved bright colors. The other pair was bright pink with blue tongues. This pair also had two tongues. One was the blue and the other was pink.

After the shoe store, I was walking back through the mall to the door I came in at. I saw a couple items of clothing that I wanted. I had money, so I thought, why not? After I paid, I went back to the shop to show Mike my new shoes.

He loved them. And I’m not sure why, but that excited me. He knew my fascination with bright colors. After staying at the shop for a while longer, I decided I was hungry and should go get food and head back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is really short and I'm sorry. It's also hugely filler-ish. The next chapter should be better.

As usual, comment please :]