Status: Active

I Only Had Eyes For You

Chapter 15

May 19, 2010

My friend Amber called me.

She wanted to know if I wanted to go for a walk. I said sure.

I don’t know how long we walked for, but it was probably for about an hour.

After, we decided to drive around for a smoke break. She really wanted to drink, but couldn’t and she didn’t want to stay home either.

I’m not sure how long we drove around for, but we finally ended up at your house. You were having a party.

At first, I avoided talking to you, since I wasn’t sure if you even wanted to talk to me.

Amber and I went downstairs right away. There were a lot of people here I didn’t know.

I obviously didn’t get out much anymore. Normally, that fact would bother me, but today it didn’t.

Amber and I were starting to feel uncomfortable downstairs, so we did the logical thing. We went back upstairs.

We stood in the living room for a couple minutes before I really looked at you.

I couldn’t believe it.

“You got your lip pierced.”

Those were the first words I had spoken to you in at least a month.

I wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol talking or something else, but we struck up a conversation and you seemed generally interested in what I had to say and about the fact I was even there.

Shortly after, Amber wanted to leave.

So, we did.

I wanted to go back. It wasn’t very often that you acted completely normal around me; like you used to.

I got Amber to give me a ride back after I had changed and after she had gone to the bathroom. She was too afraid to when we were at your house. I guess, I don’t really blame her.

When I got back, I couldn’t find you anywhere.

It somehow didn’t surprise me.

I couldn’t just leave though. Not yet. There could have been a valid reason why you weren’t here.

After about an hour of striking up small talk with about five different people, I was starting to get annoyed. I had text you, mentioning I had the stuff for you piercing for you to look at.

I didn’t get a response.

I noticed people were starting to leave.

I was thankful.

Pretty much everyone had cleared out by the time you got back in the house.

You had been outside on the phone.

I don’t know with whom, but I had a suspicion. I hoped I was wrong.

It was only about five minutes later when there was a knock at your front door.

Logan answered it, he was the closest.

A middle aged man stood there. He started talking and confused me at first, but slowly he started making more sense.

Three people had gotten into his car and taken the key out of the ignition. He knew that they had come from here and he wanted the key back.

He started the conversation very accusing as if the people still here had done it, even though we hadn’t.

He mentioned calling the police and I really didn’t need to get into more trouble, but I stayed pretty calm.

He started to calm down with us when he realized that the people still in the house hadn’t been the ones to take his key. He didn’t want us to get into trouble either, but that was the only copy of the key he had and he had to drive to work in a few hours.

A couple people in the room had a suspicion of who it was who had taken the key and tried to call them. They didn’t get an answer.

I left with Matt a little while later. He only lived a couple blocks away from me.

I didn’t want to leave, but the possibility of getting in trouble outweighed the benefits of staying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eli is back :]
Comment please