Status: Active

I Only Had Eyes For You

Chapter 18

August 15th - November 31st

Moving sucked. I had never really moved before, going away to college for a semester didn’t count since I didn’t move all of my things. I left most of my furniture at my parent’s house. But moving down to Fort Dodge was different.

I hadn’t seen the apartment I was moving into yet. Amber had seen the one below us and she said it was really nice and I trusted her word on it. After stepping inside for the first time, I loved it. There were hardwood flooring in the living room and the tile in the kitchen and bathroom was also really nice. There was new carpeting in the bedrooms. There was only one or two complaints I had with the entire apartment, the kitchen needed more updating, a new sink and cabinets and the shower pooled because the piping wasn’t done right. But the best thing about the entire place, the ceiling in the living room sparkled.

Amber and I hadn’t set up the cable and internet yet, so we really didn’t have much to do other than unpacking. That night after we were too tired and un-motivated to continue unpacking we sat around and stared at the ceiling with candles lit and my fountain turned on. It was beautiful in a very simple way.

And it was hot. The apartment we had gotten didn’t have air conditioning and I wasn’t used to it, but at least I wasn’t cold at night that way. I was glad that I had to start work the next day. I knew Wal-Mart would have air even if my apartment did not.

The next couple weeks went by fairly quickly. Amber and I went to work and would hang out in the evenings. Life was good and we got along better than we had in a while. It was unfortunate that it wouldn’t last.

When I got paid again, I had still been working two jobs, so I had plenty of money to buy decorations for the apartment. I bought curtains and they were awesome. They went along with the rest of the décor.

I didn’t think it was possible, but I made friends at work easily. I found a few people that I could hang out with within the first week I was there. One of the girls that trained me, Haley, invited me to go bowling and it turned out to be a lot of fun.

And then there was Branden. The reason he wanted to hang out when we first met was because he thought I was cute. And really, I can’t blame him. The first time we hung out, I went over to his apartment, which as it turns out was only two blocks away from mine, and we watched Death Note. Later in the week he came over to meet Amber and we drank. Quite a bit actually, between us we had two bottles of UV blue and Amber had some tequila. Branden and I talked a lot that night. I liked him and he liked me, but there was one problem, I was very shallow. And Branden, well, let’s just say he wasn’t the most attractive person I had ever met.

At first, that night made things a little bit awkward between us. But we did eventually get over it. He even tried going on a diet and exercise regimen to get me to like him more. Losing weight would have made him more attractive. Over the next couple months my relationships with my friends at work got better and I made more. We started to get a regular group together. We would play Rock Band a few times a week and just hang out and do other things. But my relationship with Amber got worse. Somewhere in October we did make up and we started going to Ames to a frat house. Amber had gone to college at Iowa State for a semester and we would go see her old friends. I had a lot of fun going there at the time. I would drink and have sex. That was my purpose in going with her. Looking back on it later, I would view that time as something I would rather not think about much. It made for a good story, but that was about it.

A friend in our group, Scott, started to get a huge thing for me. He was obsessed to say the least. He wouldn’t stop until I started to like him. And because of his obsessive nature toward me and the fact that he was pretty emo I wasn’t too into him.

In November, around Thanksgiving I was going home to visit my friends and family in my hometown when the exhaust on my car came loose. This was about the time my luck changed. Scott got worse and my car could have fallen apart at any moment. Thankfully it didn’t.

My life is too much diary, I can’t deal with anymore of it tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this took a while to get out. Hopefully, I'll be able to update this more (and my other stories for that matter really soon)

You know the drill...comment/subscribe :]

ps....I grilled steak for supper last night. It was really good. Be jealous (unless you're vegetarian or vegan, then don't hate me)