Status: Active

I Only Had Eyes For You

Chapter 3

April 21, 2010

It’s been three days since I’ve seen you. I feel like I’m likely to explode, although, sense tells me that this won’t actually happen.

I want to see you again. No, I need to see you again.

You weren’t at the party last night. I was told you had to work. I hated when you had to work.

There was nothing going on tonight, so far. I’ve texted a bunch of people to see what they are doing. No one has said anything about a party. My night will be one of sitting at home, staring at a computer screen or the TV set. I hate these nights, too.

And then, just like that, my luck changed. They were having a party. Yes, there was a party at your house again. So, even if you had to work, I would see you when you got off.

Even though the party wasn’t for another couple of hours, I was getting too excited for it to just sit still. I had to do something, to move. I decided it would be a good time to go for a walk. I had been doing that a lot lately, too. I don’t necessarily like exercise, but I want to lose weight. Mostly for you. This is the only thing I can make myself do on a daily basis. Walking. Probably because it’s not very strenuous.

I got back from my walk and started to get ready for the party. I knew I had to look even cuter tonight than the last few nights. You hadn’t seen me in a few days. I needed to grab your attention quickly.

I went out the window again tonight. Candy waited for me down the street. We were starting to hang out even when there weren’t parties to attend. She knows about my two o'clock curfew. She hates when I leave early, so she doesn’t mind picking me up and dropping me off when I want to stay out later.

We weren’t the first ones to arrive at the party, but we weren’t the last ones either.

I got a phone call from Brandon, who I met at a different party. He wanted a ride, but I couldn’t give him one. I told Candy about him wanting to come and she agreed to go get him, but didn’t know where he lived. That’s why I had to come along. I knew. I had been there a few times before, but never for very long.

Brandon and his roommates were standing outside when we got there. The three of them piled into the backseat and we drove back to the party. Now, there were even more people here than when we left.

The bigger parties were usually more fun.

Tonight was going to be special, I knew it.

I was talking to you about your favorite shirts. I knew which one I wanted and I knew where to get it. Just like how I had gotten your sunglasses from you. Only, it wasn’t exactly the same as that. You had been wearing your sunglasses and I took them off your face. You didn’t seem to care. I walked back to your room and picked the shirt up off the floor and put it on. Now, I just have to find you again.

I looked all over the house for you and you weren't any of the places I looked. I took a chance and walked outside. There you were, talking on the phone to someone. I could guess who it was by the way you were speaking. I don’t want to write it, that would make it official.

After you hung up the phone, you noticed me. You smiled. I could feel my stomach doing back flips. You had a great smile. We went back inside. Somehow, the party was ending early tonight. It wasn’t even two yet. I followed you downstairs to see if anyone was still there. There wasn’t.

That’s when it happened. You kissed me. And you kept kissing me, until Tim broke us apart.

We went back upstairs.

I looked for you since you had gone up before me and I couldn’t see you.

I went outside again, I heard you from the garage.

I walked toward your voice and waited while you talked.

You noticed me and what I was wearing.

You weren’t letting me keep the shirt. You had to do something to get it back, or it was mine.

So, you kissed me again.

That worked for me.

The party was basically over, so it was time to leave.

I gave you your clothes back and went to find Candy.

We said our goodbyes and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
You should comment. Yes?