Shayla

Chapter 1

*Language is in slang to emphasise how Shayla would be telling the story*

It is der Easter holidays finally. I am soo happy it is finally here.
The idea and slight suggestion of having liberated time for two weeks made me grin as I left behind the distant existence of education, with ma gals Abbigal and Candice. We’d agreed to meet up with Abbi’s boi Brosco, who was a poor excuse for a guy coz of nuff grounds, n sum of his mandem to kotch for a little wyl as our skools ended orn the same day. I hated Brosco in numerous diverse ways, chiefly coz ov d way dat fool treated Abbi behind her bak.. n the large influence he had over her.

That control and supremacy ova one naïve gal perceived by me and bare others did not make me comfortable. I was not at ease wid her seein’ him since it felt lyk people were in a way contemptuous towards Abbi which hurt jus coz she was ma gal. Being extremely obstinate she was continually havin to be taught fings d rough way in life, due to this flaw in her traits. Ma feelin’s towards dis br’er made me resent d fact dat I’d agreed to chill wid her n him…
I didn’t lyk being wiv her wen Brosco was around, tho me n Candi most likely settled for dis idea because it meant being orn road which was d onli fing far us to du durin’ our free tym. Not sayin it was free given that der is system 2 dis lyfe which wen in d streets, you av to b wise abowt, buh in terms of money it didn’t cost, n der was room for tight yutes to chill away from yard.

Apart frarm d fact dat dis was our unwindin’ scope afta a larng day at skool, I was strerayt up directly hoping to see a specific name, who’d been hangin round Brosco’s circle far tym. His name is Michael aka Merkz Myk coz ov all the ard rhymin spits he was arlways doin. I’d clocked him frarm tym ago jarst neva tried chirpsin d guy cus ov his relation wid Brosco…
buh he’s a good m8 styl.

We was casually arriving at our usual bus stop which wud allow me to get a 178 bus 2 yard so I cud get changed and meet dem mans, Abz n Candice back near woolwich common. Abruptly ma train of thought was disrupted..

‘Oi Shay has gal got a light or wot I can swipe?’ Candice said knowing full well I did..
‘KMT Candi baybes yer ain’t gonna bun a zoot arlredi awr ya? Swear down u’d given up dat shit dis month’ I said aggravated that she was shortly n habitually on a toke ting.
‘Don’t worry I jus need to merk a swift fag.’
I gave her ma critically unimpressed glance as well as d light for her fag she was gripin onto.
It wasn’t lyk I didn’t smoke nuffin buh I fort it was awful how much Candice cud burn wen not at skool. It was her own what she thought to be minute fixation. A mania she almost cared fo mor den Brosco.

Not too long afta I arrived to ma mumzy’s dwellin, I was greeted by Millie who was too energized fo ma lykin. She was jumpin all ova tha passageway as I stepped inside, buh I was reli happy ter see her. She is a full breed American Pit Bull Terrier wid d finest character on da earth. As her grey-blu eyes gazed up at me as she was waitin ter b stroked, I took a slight second ter value jus how gorgeous she was. Millie was stunnin, her sandy coat was so shiny around her hench stature, n it was as if she was smilin at me. However, I did not want to let this get to her head n definitely did not feel like sustainin her hyper mood, so I brushed passed her into the kitchen directly opposite wher she was. I stared at her n shouted her name, waving a doggey treat in d air which I’d removed frarm d cubard. She took d biscuit outta ma hand, chuffed dat I approved her a treat.

I smiled in contentment by Millie’s reaction a walked into ma room ter change outta ma yucky blue polo shirt n sweat top which was ma skool uniform. I hated it cus it was sooo uncomplimentary orn me. I don’t reli fink a great deal bout ma mundane look buh dis uniform made it worse.