Status: Completed.

Daisies

Naked

There is white everywhere. I look down at my clothes, they are somehow covered in mud. I panic.

The beautiful milky white walls cannot be dirtied by my hideous clothing. I look around wildly, trying to find an answer to this problem.

There it is. A piece of cloth on the other side of the room. I begin to run, but my feet move so slowly, as if I am wading through water. Maybe I am. This place is full of plenty of water. It is everywhere.

I finally reach the cloth, a pillowcase. I take off my clothes and clean my body with the pillowcase. I go over to the window, the single window in this whole world, in this whole room. I have never looked out the window before, so I do not know where it leads. I never plan on knowing either.

I throw my clothes and the pillowcase out of the window, stepping away from it quickly and ducking my head.

I am naked now. I do not feel exposed. I feel strangely free.

Walking back over to the wall opposite the window, I sit down beside the bouquet of daisies and clutch them to my breasts.

They smell like tears.

Can daisies survive on salt water?
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoying the utter strangeness?
This story is based on my thoughts -- seemingly random, I admit.
But it does have a plot.
You'll see at the end.