Status: Completed.

Daisies

Dreaming Reality

This must be a dream. There is no white here, just green spiky flooring. I think it is grass. It feels soft against my bare toes, and I sigh in contentment as the sun beats down upon my pale skin. So very pale. I do not remember the last time my flesh has seen the sun. It must have been forever.

Where is the boy? I do not see him. He probably left me here alone. But I know he will come back, because he always does. I know he can't stay forever.

There is a woman instead, one with long dark hair and misty gray eyes.

I think I have the same eyes.

I reach out to her, but she cannot see me. No one can see me in my dreams. I am invisible. I don't know if I like it that way or not. She looks up and stares at me, but I know that she is looking at something behind me. I turn around and look at it as well.

My heart leaps in my chest. It is the boy. He did not leave after all.

The boy's face is turned away from me, but I can see that he nods at the woman, before coming to sit on the grass next to her. I watch them, wondering what they are doing.

"She's running another fever." The woman tells the boy. Her voice reminds me of ceilings.

The boy's untidy dark hair blows in the breeze. He looks wistful. "That's unfortunate." His voice reminds me of daisies.

I look down at my toes as they get up and vanish together on the horrizon.

I have never heard the boy's voice before in my dreams. But I know that I have heard it while awake. It sounds familiar, as smooth as honey but still deep.

I suddenly have the urge to hear that same voice laugh. But I know it is impossible. The voices are always sad whenever they are around me, and the boy is always sad whenever he is around me. I am filled with sadness. Maybe they should just leave me alone and never some back.

Although, I don't think I would like that.