Status: Completed.

Daisies

No Reflection Here

I wake up, panting and sweating. I reach up to touch my face and my fingers come away covered in red. I must have been scratching again.

The daisies are lying on the other side of the white room. I do not remember putting them there. Blinking the blindness from my eyes, I attempt to get to my feet, but gravity pulls me back down. I crawl over to the daisies, and lift them up to hug them against my chest again.

There is something different about them, though. They look sad, and even more plain. Sick.

I have abandoned them.

But then I notice something else on the floor, a little silver case that had fallen open and was staring up at me with all of the haunting memories of the world. I look down at the tiny mirror before screaming in terror. I have no reflection anymore.

Yelling in fury, I place the daisies on the tiled floor before getting up on my feet, renewed with the strength of anger. Looking up at the ceiling, I let the tears fall into my eyes before stepping back and then running as fast as my weak thin legs can carry me. I charge before knocking my head against the white wall. I feel no pain at the sudden impact, not even dizziness. I try again. And again. And again.

Maybe I deserve to live. Maybe I deserve to die.

Which one is better? Which one is worse?
♠ ♠ ♠
"White walls around us, no light will touch your face again, rain taps the window, as we sleep among the dead."
- Breaking Benjamin