‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone.
Status: Active

Me or the Music?

2

*Matt's POV*

I watched her car leave the driveway and started wondering if she felt that tearing feeling inside every time I left. I hadn't seen it before, but I noticed how clean everything was. It hit me, just exactly how long I had been gone recently. I sat down on the couch and let my mind go. I'd been ingoring her lately. I didn't exactly care when she'd kiss me goodbye, I never gave her any sort of affection after finishing in bed. I groaned, rubbing my hands over my face as I came to the realization of how much of an ass I was being. I felt horrible.

When I left for Vegas, she gave me a hug, I don't remember hugging back. All I remember thinking was how much fun I was going to have with the guys. Frankly, I hadn't even noticed if she was wearing her wedding ring lately. I looked down at my hand and felt convicted when the ring ongmy left hand gleamed back at me. It was sitting there, telling me how much of a complete failure I was as a husband.

She tried at least, she attempted to make conversation between us. She was so different, but so the same. She was just... I don't even know. I didn't understand what was happening, but as the band stayed where we were, playing shows in other towns, it seemed Marie and I were growing apart.

I looked up at the ceiling and felt a tear run down my face "What am I doing wrong, Cori? What do I do to show her I love her still?" I whispered, making sure even if anyone had been in the same room, that no one could hear me. I sighed. There wasn't going to be an answer. I sighed, trying to find out what to do.

Was I supposed to drop the band and spend all my time with her? Not that I'd mind, I somewhat missed spending every minute of every day with her. That was when she sang in her band... which she hadn't talked to in a while. I felt like I had brought her away from her family, friends, and everything she loved. I felt horrible.

Had I brought her out here to replace Corinne and then, when I felt over it enough, had I just forgotten Marie too? I couldn't... I wasn't going to.

"FUCK!" I shouted and stood up, throwing a remote across the room. I was not losing another girl. I grabbed my cell phone from my pocket and dialed Marie's number.

"Hello?" She asked, somewhat confused.

"Hey, hun, it's me. Matt..." Of course she knew who it was. My statement was met by a laugh.

"I figured that out when your name was on my screen. What's up babe? Do you need to find something?" She asked.

My heart felt like it was breaking. Was that the only thing I could be calling for? To ask where something was? I Couldn't be calling to tell her I love her? She didn't think that? That hurt. Bad.

"No, I'm fine." I answered.

There was a long pause "Then... what's the matter? I'm driving, and you don't like me talking on the phone while I'm driving." She laughed nervously. I said that?

"Oh, I forgot. Anyways. When are you getting back from your meeting?" I asked.

"Tomorow night around eleven? I'm going to leave at four, because our meeting is at ten am." She answered, I could hear the smile in her voice "Why what's wrong? Do you need me to come home or something? I can call and ha-"

"No, everything's fine. I swear." I sighed as she let out a deep breath "I just..."

"Matt, listen. I can't do this while I'm driving. I'm on the highway, there's traffic. I'm stressed enough, I don't need to be talking about absolutely nothing right now. I have to think about my presentation." I heard her tapping the steering wheel.

"Oh, alright." I mumbled, was work actually coming between us? "Call me when you get to the hotel then?"

"You'll be long asleep, Matt." She answered quickly.

"Then text me and if I'm up, I'll call you."

"Ok, but keep your phone on silent, because you'll be asleep and I don't want to wake you up. You've been in Vegas all week, chances are that you barely got any sleep babe."

"I'll be awake." I smirked.

"I doubt that." She insisted "Fuck!" She shouted. I began to panic as there was a loud noise and shouting.

"Marie? Marie!? Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, sorry." She huffed, sounding upset "I just gotte to Matt. I'll text you later, yeah, bye." She hung up quickly as someone shouted.

I sighed and put my phone back. Did I just get the cold shoulder? I walked to the bookshelf and all the pictures. There were so many of us. On our wedding day, Marie's smile had sustained it's brightness, but lately, if I actually thought hard enough, it seemed more strained and weathered.

I picked one up of us recently with Brian, Jimmy, and Jackie. They seemed happier than us. Jackie had her arms around one of Brian's as he kissed her cheek. Marie had her arm around Jimmy's middle as he hugged her. I was there with a beer, laughing about something going on behind the photographer. It seemed she was more happy not paying attention to me. I couldn't remember where this was, but I remember it was a rare day that we went out together. The guys and I would always go out, and most of the time they'd bring their girls... but Marie was either working, or doing something around the house and wouldn't come. I couldn't help but feel guilty that I was leaving her behind so much lately.

I needed to fix this before everything got out of hand..
♠ ♠ ♠
=D HOep you likeeeyyy =D This is going to take turns and fun stuff soon so keep holding on tight!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jb