‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone.
Status: Active

Me or the Music?

25

Matt's POV

Marie was sitting with Bax at her feet, still drinking the same coffee, laughing and smiling as Jackie and Hannah entertained her with random video clips and videos as the guys and I talked music. I couldn't help but get caught up in her smile, until Zack smacked me out of it.

"Sorry." I laughed, shaking my head.

"You two gonna pop out any kids soon?" Brian asked, I just stared at him "What? Jackie said you two wanted kids soon."

"Excuse me?" Zack asked "You what? You understand that's like asking for your career to end, right?"

"No." I shook my head "It's not, actually. Possibly? I mean... We definitely want kids. Sooner than later I guess."

"You guess?" Brian raised an eyebrow "How does that work?"

"I mean, she wanted to move, buy a house, have kids, start living life-"

"She did." Zack pointed out "What do you want?"

"The same." I laughed in a duh kind of way "She's my wife, of course I want the same."

"Just because we're married doesn't mean you need to want the same shit as me, Matthew."

I turned in my chair, eyes meeting a very upset looking Marie. Her arms crossed over her hoodie, her foot was tapping against the floor, and Bax was at her feet. His eyes were focused on her, panting slightly.

"Marie, it's not like that. I was explaining-"

"How whipped he is." Zack smirked.

"Oh really?" Marie glared at him, then me.

"Not helping, you fucking moron." I hissed at him, realizing Bax was adjusting his spot a lot, "Marie, are you ok?"

"I'm fine. Fucking just peachy." She smirked, her foot stopped tapping, "So great. My husband doesn't want to move our life forward with me, but he's only doing it because I want it and apparently that's how this works?"

"Your foot stoppe-"

"It went numb." She snapped at Brian as he pointed out what I only noticed. "But it's fine. Because why not let my entire body go numb. Whatever. I'll go back on the fucking pill, why fucking burden you with a child, Matt. Sorry. I didn't know you felt that way." She uncrossed her arms and walked back over to Hannah and Jackie "Oh, also," She turned briefly "I came over to let you know I need to get home soon because I have to take my second dose of heart medicine. But take your time bitching about your wife, it's fine."

"Ok, we can go." I began to stand but she glared at me.

"Continue, I'm in the middle of something. I just wanted to let you know." She sat down with the girls again, everyone looking somewhat confused and taken aback.

That's what it was lately. She would be fine one second, snap the next, and completely act like I was a major asshole after. When I hadn't really even done anything wrong, seriously. I sighed, glaring at Zack and Brian to change the topic back to music, and they quickly did.

~**~

Later that night once we got home, Marie put Bax up to our room and came back down to watch TV.

"You're supposed to have him at all times-"

"I'm in the same house as you, I think if something happens you'll know." She glared up at me from the couch.

"About earlier... it didn't come our right what I meant, Marie." I sighed and sat down across from her.

"Well what did you mean, Matt?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Just... I don't know. I know I want kids, I want this house, I want to progress this marriage." I sighed and shrugged "Just. I meant that I was doing it for you, to make you happy, whatever you want is what I want. Honestly. You're my wife, I honestly will do anything to make you happy. It could be cutting my own arm off, I'd do it." I laughed.

"Well... don't." She giggled. I moved and sat next to her, letting her drape her legs over mine "I love you... I'm sorry. I'm just." She tossed her head back and groaned "I'm just... really just insecure? I guess.. Lately." She paused and pushed a pillow under her head "I don't know. I'm still trying to find myself again. After... That." She muttered "Whatever though. We can take our time. Figure us out?"

"Of course. And plus... I don't think we should take the child venture until we figure this out." I pointed at her bracelet "Because Lord knows that you aren't healthy enough right now."

"Yah." She frowned "Right now."
♠ ♠ ♠
back to black - amy winehouse title crediittt

Jbizzzzzzle