‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone.
Status: Active

Me or the Music?

27

Marie's POV

Bax paced the living room as I zipped up my boots "It's ok boy, I'm only going out for a little bit." I patted his head, earning a whimper in response.

I had decided, without Jackie or Hannah, I was going to go out tonight. Have a drink or two, not much. It couldn't do much could it? I shrugged in to a cropped leather jacket, placing it over my black tight mini dress that I had unburried from my closet upstairs, and settled in to my knee-high black leather boots. My hair was up in a purposefully messy bun, my make up was dark, and my lips were red. I smiled in the door reflection as I stepped out.

The car issue. I had called a cab, I was no way going to drive. Matt would be even more mad at me, and that's if he even found out in the first place. I heard Bax let out a quick one time bark as I climbed in to the cab, brushing it off.

"Sound in Los Angeles?" I asked and he nodded quickly. It was a club, Joslin and Sasha from my old work had messaged me to come out. So why not? One drink, possibly two, couldn't do any harm.

The quick cab ride dropped me off out side of a booming, newaged, nightclub. I nodded to myself, holding my phone in my hand. The case doubled as a card holder, so I had all my essentials with me. I had prettied up my monitoring bracelet with some other bracelets so it wouldn't look odd, considering if I took it off it sent an alarm immediately to Matt.

"Marie!"

I glanced up at Joslin waving at me from the bar. I smiled at her from across the room, making my way over "Hey!" I laughed as she hugged me tight "It's been so long."

"Yah I know." She smiled as Sasha appeared from the bathroom "What are you drinking?" She asked, flagging down the bar tender.

"Vodka cran." I answered as she gave our order in.

"Drinks on me tonight, I just got a promotion. That douchebag finally gave me a chance." Joslin smiled "Agh! You look so good! I'm sorry what happened-"

"Don't worry." I Shook my head "I just have to take it easy."

"Ok, we won't let you get crazy!" Sasha smiled, hugging my side quickly "And we'll have you home before lover boy even knows." She smiled.

I smiled as we took the dance floor, drinks in hand, I couldn't have felt more weightless. I felt like I had no problems in the world, like nothing was knocking against my organs trying to fail them. Nothing.

Matt's POV

I glanced down at my phone on the counter when we walked in to the living room from the basement. It was eleven at night, I was just beginning to pack up from Jimmy's with the guys and leave, when I noticed it flashing.

"FUCK!" I screamed, looking at all seven notifications.

"What?" Zack asked, slinging his guitar case over his shoulder.

"Marie... Bax... I've got like seven alerts from her monitor.." I mumbled and opened them "But none.. none of them have off vitals from her." I showed Zack the screen "Nothings abnormal."

"Check the blood page." He swiped the screen, the nurses had showed us how to use the whole program before we left. Zack was the emergency contact after my name.

The bracelet had a small pad of sensors on the part that was always in contact with her skin, it tracked her skin and could take samples of her sweat to determine her blood levels.

"That's... Weird..." Zack mumbled "Her blood alcohol is high." He looked up at me "Is she home?"

"Yah.." I mumbled and dialed her number, getting voicemail "Weird... Call Hannah, see if they're together, I'll head home."

"I'll come with you." He dropped his guitar and yelled to Jimmy that he'd come back tomorrow to get his car.

We quickly climbed in to my car and he called Hannah. "Have you seen Marie?" He asked hurriedly as she answered "Well no, Matt's with me, and her monitor went off seven times but her vitals are all normal except her blood alcohol is high.. Yah she's supposed to be home." He rolled his eyes "Ok, love you, talk to you later... Yah call them and ask, thanks. I'll call you if we see her." He hung up and shrugged "Hasn't heard from her, called her earlier to go out but she said she was busy. She's gonna call Jackie and Brian, see if they heard from her."

"Fucking A, Marie." I huffed as we pulled in to my driveway.

I bolted up the stair and could hear Bax barking like crazy. I opened the door and screamed for her. No answer.

"Marie!" I shouted again, Bax was pacing a circle by the door. I glanced over at the key rack and noticed her keys gone. I took a quick look upstairs and couldn't find her.

"Fuck!" Zack shouted "Brian just called me." He grabbed me by the wrist "She just texted Jackie.."

"Oh?" I asked, following him to the car.

"She's on the way there now, Jackie went to get... her.." His eyes looked at me, worried "She was at a club with Sasha and Joslin."

I laughed sarcastically "Fuck me."