‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone.
Status: Active

Me or the Music?

29

Marie's POV

It was four in the morning. I was half asleep, laying in one of the spare rooms, when a loud cracking noise woke me up. I shot up to a sitting position, pulling the blankets to my chest as the door of the room fell inward to the ground. My eyes struggled to focus as Matt's form soon apeared in the darkness.

"Matt, what-"

"Why the fuck are you in here?" He hissed, his body reeking of whiskey. "Why the fuck aren't you upstairs? Where the fuck have you been?" He asked "Out fucking drinking?!"

"No, Matt, I came home with you and Zack." I stood, wobbling on my heels, forgetting they were still on my feet.

"Yah right, Zack dropped me home hours ago." He laughed to himself and took my wrist "Come on, get the fuck out of my house you whore."

"Matt!" I shook my arm free of him, hearing Bax's feet bounding down the hall at my voice "Stop, I came home with you and Zack. You've been upstairs drinking all night, I stayed here to give you space." I tried bringing him out of it but I failed.

"No, you didn't. You were out fucking drinking with those whores from your work." He hissed and kicked the pieces of door from his way "Now get the fuck out of my fucking house!"

"Matt stop," I paused as his hands grasped my shoulders roughly "Matt!" I could feel his fingers digging in to my collar bone.

"Why, why do you have to do this to me for fuck sake, Marie!?" He screamed, his eyes still dry of tears, but his pupils massive. "Why can't you just stop getting in to trouble and love me? Why is that so hard?!"

"Matt, I do love you, baby." I felt my eyes water.

"No you fucking don't, you loved my comfort on tour. You don't love me! Why can't you even pretend so no one knows how much we fucking can't get along!" He shook my shoulders rough, my hair flying around my face.

I struggled to keep my balance in my boots but Matt shook me too hard. I fell to my knees at his feet. "Matt, please baby, just come to bed-"

"NO! Not with a woman who doesn't even want to be here with me!" He shouted, ripping me up off my knees to my wobbly feet again.

I couldn't help but let out a yelp as he pushed me backwards "Matt, please just stop then... just let me leave."

"Good!" He screamed.

"I'm going to go grab some other clothes and leave... " I slowly made my way past him as he stared off in to the dark. Bax was soon at my feet acsending the stairs to the master suite. I was furiously wiping tears from my face. When was he like this? Did he really not see how much I love him? Was I fucking up that badly?

I was quickly throwing items in to my overnight bag when I heard the stairs thudding with Matt's footsteps.

"No, fuck you, you aren't leaving." He slammed the door, my eyes directing towards the bottle of whiskey in his hands. I took a breath in, noticing glass on the floor leading in the bathroom. "Fuck you."

"Matt, let me just go so you can cool off-"

"Cool the fuck off? Hasn't your heart done enough of that for the two of us?" He hissed at me, Bax snuggled closer to my lets, almost knocking me over. I reached down, gently patting his ear so Matt wouldn't be alarmed.

I quickly tugged the wiring on his monitor collar, cutting in to it with my finger nail. I felt a sharp zap against my finger as it shorted out, if it malfunctioned whatsoever it would send multiple emergency notices to all devices attatched to it.

Zack was the secondary.

"Matt please." I pleaeded, hearing his phone going off from the bed, but he couldn't hear it over his laugh.

"Please. Please. Like I asked when you wanted a divorce." He placed his hands on my arms, lifting me up "Please!"

"Matt, put me the fuck down!" I shouted, wiggling in his arms "You're drunk, and you don't know what you're doing." I cried, feeling his fingers loosen.

His hands left my skin, leaving bruises immediately, and my body thumped to the floor. I cried in to my hands as he moved to the side "You can fucking go. Do whatever you'd like, I'm fucking done."

I glared up at him and grabbed my bag, feeling him reach for my arm again "No." I hissed "Get your fucking hands off me!" I shouted as he advanced at me.

"Get the fuck over here you fucking bitch!" He screamed. I felt my phone going off in my pocket and quickly answered the call, knowing it would be Zack.

"Matt stop!" I screamed, dropping my phone to the floor, seeing Zack's name on the screen. It picked up.

"You're a fucking whore you fucking bitch!" He screamed, I barely avoided his arms as I picked up my phone and ran for the door.

"Fucking help me!" I screamed in to my phone, hearing Hannah's worried voice.

"Zack's on his way already, Marie, fucking get out of the house-"

"I'm trying!" I cried, throwing my phone down as Matt grabbed my hips just as my boots met teh stairs. I screamed, falling forwards and down the stairs.

"Who the fuck was that? Your fucking other boyfriend?" Matt stamped down the stairs as I scrambled to my feet, grabbing on to the door frame to hoist myself up, my legs burning from the fall.

I heard a door opening quickly and let out a scream as Matt grabbed my ankles from under me, sending my face against the carpet.