‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone.
Status: Active

Me or the Music?

3

*Marie's POV*

By the time I got the the hotel, with all the damn traffic, it was midnight. I didn't even bother texting Matt, I knew he'd be asleep. Probably out like a light since ten or even nine. I dropped my night bag at the foot of the bed and fell down onto the matress. What I'd give to be home when Matt decided to actually care to put some sort of effort into saving us, instead of seven hours away at a damn business meeting.

I was just praying that he'd be as open to talk when I got home tomorrow night.

I closed my eyes, running through my agenda for tomorrow in my head as sleep slowly stole all my thoughts and took over my body.

~*~

The meeting was dragged on by my boss. My presentatoin went amazing, as I thought it would.

"Hey! Wanna come grab a drink with me and Sasha?" My co-worker Joslin asked as we exited the conference room. I glanced at my phone, seeing ten missed calls from Matt.

"Jos, I'd love to but-"

"Oh come on, one can't hurt." Sasha smiled as she hooked my arm "Plus, you need to let your hair down."

Joslin skipped up behind us, gently taking my hair down from it's bun "Literally." She giggled as the two of them also let their hair out. I shook my hair, liking the way the crinkly waves curved around my face and shoulder "Gawww-geous!" Joslin hooked my other arm.

"Off to drinks!" Sasha smiled "Cos... it's five o'clock somewhere, a'ight?" She snickered. It was only noon.

"Yeah... somewhere.." I ignored the buzzing coming from my purse as we walked down the sidewalk, talking about how pointless the meeting was and how stupid it was to have it in San Fran since we had a perfectly good office in LA.

We walked into a small bar and got seats at the long bar table. Sasha caught the bartenders eye and motioned him over "We'll take three shots of tequila."

"Sasha, I have to drive home tonight." I elbowed her side. She rolled her eyes.

"Three please." She smiled and he walked away "Shut up, he's gorgeous. You'll be fine a few shots won't do anything. I've seen you hold down more than that and walk a straight line." She smirked.

"Ok, so at ONE Christmas party I held down a bottle... what's it to you?" I asked as shots were placed infront of us.

"And Matt never found out." Jos smiled and we clinked our glasses together and downed the shots. Sasha ordered another round and I immediatly began forgetting about the vibrations coming from my pocket.

"DUDE!" Sasha giggled as we walked through the hotel lobby "I can't fucking feel my toes!" She stumbled to the elevator as Jos and I steadied eachother.

I laughed and pressed the up button "I have to get my-" Hiccup "Shit out of the hotel room. Are you guys going home tonight?" I asked, falling into the elevator beside Jos.

"Yeah." Jos sneezed a little "I have to get home soon. Levi's waiting. It's our anniversary dinner." She smiled.

I nodded "Well congrats."

"Will Matt be mad you stayed out late?" Sasha asked as we reached our floor that we all shared. I shrugged "Yeah?" She laughed as we walked out.

"I don't know. He probably won't even notice... but he's been calling me all night."

"Well... call him back and we'll see you at work Saturday." Jos waved as she disappeared into her room, Sasha doing the same a few doors down. I hiccuped, nodded, and walked into my room. My head spun around as I collected my things quickly. I ran into the bathroom and checked myself in the mirror, messing up my hair a little and smiling. I slung my duffel over my shoulder and grabbed my rom key from the table.

I walked down the hall, into the elevator, and to the front desk without falling once. I felt accomplished as I handed the girl my key.

"Thanks, have a safe trip home." She smiled

"Yah, thanks." I smiled back, I was pretty good at hiding I was completely hammered. It came in handy around Matt.

I walked out to the parking garage and found my car, I fumbled with the keys a while until I unlocked just the driver's door. I flung my stuff into the backseat of the black BMW and climbed in. I started the car and took my cell phone from my purse. I clicked Matt's name, put the phone to my ear, and waited.

"Hello?" He answered on the second ring.

"Hey," I tried to hide a hiccup "Baby. I'm on my way home. So... seven hours." I laughed a little as I held my head, it was already beginning to spin.

"Marie?" Matt asked "Are you alright? You sound weird..."

"Oh, I'm totally cool." This time the hiccup came full out. I couldn't help but laugh "I'll be home for Christmas!" I giggled.

*Matt's POV*

"I'll be home for Christmas!" She giggled loudly, I could hear her laughing loudly as the phone crackled a little.

"Marie? What the fuck is wrong? Are you drunk?" I asked, getting worried.

"I only had like..." I heard her counting in the background "Like ten shots, dude, I'm fine. I'll be home in a little bitsy!" She giggled loud again "Daaammmnn.... You know don't you?"

"Know what?" I asked "That you're piss drunk? Duh, Marie stay at the hotel. I'll drive up with Brian and one of us will take you home. Don't get in the car." I warned.

"Tooooo late!" She sang "I'm comin' home, I can drive Matty, I'm fine, stop worrying. You little worry...er." She hiccuped. She was completely hammered. I sighed and turned the TV off, I didn't even know what to do. She was seven hours away from me, hammered, behind the wheel of a car and ready to drive the highway home. Not only could she hurt someone else, but she could kill herself.

"Babe, please turn the car off. Go back to the hotel and stay there. I need you to do that." I tried to reason with her.

"No no no, you're busy. Don't worry. I'll be home safe soon, babe. Just go to sleep, it's like... late. You need sleep, you have a show tomorrow. Sleeeeepp." She laughed and I heard the car start driving "I'll be home at like... Eight."

"Marie." I said sternly "Stop the car and get out of it. You can't drive like this, something bad is gunna happen." I walked to the front door "You need to listen to me, pull over."

"Oh God stop it. Matt. I've done this a billion times, hun, don't worry. You have other things to worry about that are more important. Go write a song or something. I'll be home before you know it." She mumbled something under her breath.

"MARIE!" I screamed "Pull the fucking goddamned car over NOW!" I shouted into the phone "Or I swear to God-"

"You'll what?!" She shouted angrily "Divorce me? Go right a-fucking-head! It's not like you would even care anyways!" She screamed and hung up.

I stared at the phone for a solid two minutes before it hit me. She was pissed, probably crying, comepeltely hammered, and driving on the highway. Two of which were my fault... I needed to get to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok! So I have a few readers :) It'd be wicked sick if you guys could tell me what you think, clicky the commenty button? LOL. It takes less than five minutes (unless you're a really slow typer like me haha)

comment/subscribe please and thanks :) <33

xoxoxoxoxo Jb