‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone.
Status: Active

Me or the Music?

35

Marie's POV

My head was pounding, thoughts of last night spun my mind in to a spider web as my eyes opening, feeling someone's arm around my waist. My eyes fell on Jeremy's sleeping body. I smirked, remember last night.

I stood up and grabbed my dress, quickly slipping it on. I tied my hair up in a bun and grabbed my shoes and purse before flying down the hallway to the front door. I opened it up and the sun seered against my eyes. I grabbed my phone from my wallet and glanced at the time as I dialed Jackie's number.

Ten in the morning.

"Hey there sexy lady." Her voice snickered over the line.

"Ugh, hi." I laughed "So uhh-"

"Need a ride?" She asked, I nodded.

"Oh, right, yes. Sorry, I nodded." I laughed in to the phone.

"Where you at?" She asked.

"I don't.. I don't know, I'll GPS myself and text you the address, see you soon." I laughed, beginning my walk down the sidewalk, not caring that I was obviously doing a walk of shame. Who gave two fucks?

I opened my map application, noticing I had twelve missed calls and nineteen missed texts, but I ignored looking at them and sent Jackie the address to the nearest coffee shop, where I would walk to wait for her. It was only a few minutes from their house anyways.

I went to put my phone back in my wallet and paused as a car slowed down beside me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!"

I glanced over as Matt's voice boomed from the car as it stopped. I paused in my tracks, staring at his eyes as he removed his sunglasses.

"What... excuse me? Why are you here?" I asked, hand on my hip as a car passed, this probably looked very kosher. Definitely not like he was trying to pick up a hooker.

"I.. Your... Val called me last night, I ignored the first twenty calls and answered, she told me she saw you at a club, hammered, trying to fight off some guy and he took you-"

"Fuck that bitch." I laughed "I knew something bad would come of it."

"So... What the fuck?!" He asked "Are you ok? Get the fuck in-"

"Jackie's picking me up down the road in a minute, Matt go the fuck away." I hissed, beginning to walk again. He followed me.

"Marie, fucking talk to me! What the fuck?! Are you ok?!" He asked, actual worry in his voice "I've been fucking driving around all night looking for you!"

"Well that's a dumb waste of time." I shrugged "Sucks for you."

"Marie!" He shouted "Get in the fucking car, tell Jackie to go home. I'll fucking bring you home, just stop walking and get the fuck in! I promise to shut my fucking mouth the whole ride."

I raised an eyebrow at him as he made a promise sign with his hand. I huffed and walked over, getting in the car. I sighed and buckled up, quickly texting Jackie that I had a ride home. Not specifying who.

As soon as Matt pressed the accelerator, blue lights flashed behind us. "Fuck!" Matt slammed his hands on the wheel and pulled over. An officer walked up beside the vehicle, Matt rolled his window down as the officer looked inside. Eyeing both of us "Hi sir, what seems to be the problem?" Matt asked like a fucking moron.

"License and registration, sir." The officer mocked. Matt handed over his credentials and waited as the officer returned to his car to run them.

"Do you not understand the issue here?" I glanced at Matt, gesturing to myself.

"The fact you look like a prostitute? No I hadn't noticed." He mumbled as the officer returned.

"Ma'am." He looked at me "Can either of you explain what's going on here?" He asked.

"Sir." I laughed "This looks bad-"

"That's what they all say, can you two please step out of the vehicle-"

"Sir, that won't be necessary, she's my wife." Matt looked at him as he laughed "How.. how is that funny?"

"I've never heard that as an excuse for picking up a prostitute." He laughed "Now please, step out of the vehicle."

Matt stared at me in awe, his mouth hanging open. I sighed and got out of the car, as did Matt, following orders. I took my I.D. from my wallet and handed it to the officer.

"He's telling the truth, sir. I'm his wife, I went out with some friends last night and decided to walk home. He was worried and came to find me, which he obviously just did." I sighed, tucking my hair behind my ear as Matt looked me over, my words hitting him now.

"Oh," The officer looked at my I.D. "Oh, I'm sorry Mrs. Sanders." He looked up "I assumed .. I'm sorry, you guys can be on your way now.."

"Thank you." I smiled as he handed me my I.D back, it also helped that I hadn't gotten my address changed to my new house yet either, so it definitely passed off.

We got back in to the car and Matt began driving, "So... where were you last night?" He asked, eyeing me carefully, sadness in his eyes.

"You promised silence, Matt." I cut off my own words as my phone lit up.

Jeremy, that dude from the bar

I laughed and tucked my phone away, I'd get back to him later. Matt huffed to himself, obviously having caught the text on my phone from his position.

"We really need to talk." He mumbled, turning on to the highway back to my house.

"No, I really don't think so." I shrugged "I just got your ass saved from being charged with picking up a street worker, so I think we're good here."

He sighed and kept driving, keeping silent now, just as he had promised.