‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone.
Status: Active

Me or the Music?

4

*Matt's POV*

I drove quickly over to Brian's and pounded on the door. There was a shuffle behind it, and the door swung open. Jackie looked me over.

"Yah?" She laughed and moved to the side "Where's the fire?"

"Not exactly. Marie's hammered, and driving down the highway right now."

Her face dropped "BRIAN GET OVER HERE!" She shouted. Something crashed in the kitchen and he ran out, flour on his shirt. I stiffled a laugh "He's attempting to cook. Anyways, you two go find her and stop her before she gets herself ki-...." Jackie stopped herself "Go."

"Wait, what?" Brian asked.

"Marie's drunk driving and she's pissed at me because I want her to pull over." I sighed "We have to go find h-" I paused as my cell phone rang "Hello? Marie? Marie?" I asked as I walked around to find better service.

"Hello? Is this..." There were papers "Matthew Sanders?" A male voice asked. My stomach lurched into my throat as I heared sirens in the background.

"Yes, that's me." I answered, tears welling in my eyes as I heard a familiar voice screaming "Marie? Is she ok? Was that her? What's wrong? What happened?" I asked, biting into my lip to stop crying.

"How are you related?" The man asked in an official tone.

"I'm her fucking husband, now what happened?" I hissed through my teeth.

"She was in a serious car accident, sir. We're med flighting her to LA Regional. But-"

"No but's, is she ok?" I asked, grabbing my car keys from my pocket and giving Brian a nod to go to the car.

"Sir... No. She's not. She was drunk and collided with a semi."

"Fuck." I hissed and ran outside. Just like Corinne "I'll be there."

"Alright, I'll call this number when we get a room number for her."

He hung up. I slammed my fist into my leg and Brian grabbed my shoulder "She was in a fucking accident with a semi... sound familiar?" I growled as he gave me a sympathetic look.

"Come on, I'll drive to the hospital." Jackie grabbed her keys "Brian you drive Matt's car, I'll take our's. I'll meet you guys there, I'm going to go pick up Hanna and the others."

Brian nodded and took my car keys "You aren't driving, Hulk. You might crash and I don't want to die." He mumbled and walked out the door. I got into the passenger's seat and prayed to whoever was up there that she'd be ok and I could fix our marriage before anything happened.... this wasn't supposed to be how we left it. Not with a fight. No.

~*~*~

I ran into the hospital and stopped at the receptionists desk. She looked up at me "How may I help you?"

"I'm looking for Marie Sanders?" I asked.

She flicked through her papers, giving Brian time to catch up with me. He stopped by my side and watched.

She looked up with a confused expression "Uhm... who?"

I bit my tongue "Marie Sanders?" I asked "Fuck... oh.. Marie Pristen?" I asked, why would she have let them use her old name?

"Oh yep, she's in ICU... I'll have a doctor come out to see you. If you'll just go sit down-"

"ICU?!" I asked loudly.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to stay calm." She sighed "The police contacted you, correct?" I nodded "She's in ICU because-... Oh, here's her doctor. She can explain better." She smiled as a woman with short black hair walked up to me.

"I'm Dr. Weston." She smiled and shook my hand "Shall we go talk about this somewhere more quiet?" She asked "Private?"

"I'm coming too." Brian raised his hand. She nodded and walked down a hallway, we followed. She stopped and turned, taking a deep breath. Brian braced his hands together, and I just chewed the fuck out of the inside of my cheek.

"Mr. Sanders-"

"Matt is fine." I mumbled.

"Matt." She sighed "She's in ICU-"

"I know that, Sherlock." I snapped, "Sorry. What exactly... happened?" I asked.

"Well, we're trying to get her to breath on her own right now. Her leg is broken, she has a fractured wrist, and..." She paused "She was legally.... uhm... Dead, for three minutes." She stopped and locked my eyes "Right now she's blacked out-"

"In a coma?" Brian asked.

"Well.. not so seriously. Since her heart stopped, her blood pressure is incredibly low. She's blacked out, and on an oxygen machine which she should be off of in an hour or so. But she suffered head trauma, and the blood alcohol levels were extremely high." She glanced at her pager that was beeping on her hip "Follow me." She walked past us. I gave Brian a glance and followed.

We walked into a room, there was a bed surrounded by curtains. Doctors rushed in and out, bloody tools in their hands. "Take a seat, I'll be right out to talk to you." Dr. Weston walked behind the curtains "What's going on?"

"She's bleeding."

"Well duh, where from?" She asked. Bran stiffled a laugh as I nudged his ribs.

"I don't know, she just started coughing up blood. She's coming in and out of it.." There was a loud beeping "Someone get the IV!" A man shouted.

"IV!" A nurse ran in with a needle and disappeared behind the curtain. I didn't have a clue what was going on, or who was behind the curtain, until I heard a quiet whimper.

"Get the fucking thing out of my arm!" Marie's voice cried "Get that out! STOP IT! Ow! That hurt!"

"Miss, you're going to have to calm down. We need to give you this, or you're going to be in a lot of pain-"

"How much pain?" Marie sounded scared. My heart was breaking not knowing what was going on.

"Give it to her! Fast! We need to operate!" A man shouted and Marie shouted one last 'no' before it went silent. A nurse walked out with a horrified expression on her face. She turned to me and Brian, shivered, and left the room.

"That was reassuring." Brian mumbled.

"Ok, she needs the ER. NOW! We have to find out where she's bleeding from, and fast. At this rate her entire body cavity will be filled within the hour. MOVE move move!" Dr. Weston shouted and the bed was wheeled quickly out of the room. I got a glimpse of Marie that made my stomach turn over. She looked like death. Like she was dead. Blood was everywhere, all over her pale face, her arms, her sheets, everything.

Dr. Weston walked out wiping her hands "We're going to do an emergency operation, we need to stop the bleeding. We'll bring her back in when we solved it. Stay here, don't move."

"How long?" I asked before she left. The question wasn't about the surgery, and clearly she knew.

"I don't know, Matt. I don't know." She shook her head and walked out. I huffed and sat backwards as Brian did the same.

"We fought, right before she hung up. We fucking fought..." I growled and kicked at the chair next to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH NO! She can't kill Marie off! not this early! or can I?? ;P