‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone.
Status: Active

Me or the Music?

6

*Marie's POV*

"Well... you were legally dead for a little while." Jackie rubbed my leg gently. I nodded "Did you see the light?" She waved her hands around with a giggle as Brian nudged her back "It's a valid question." She pouted.

"WEll... I don't really know." I paused "I saw.." Everyone leaned in and listened as if it was some big secret.

"Did you see... him?" Hannah asked quietly. I nodded "Oh hun.." She leaned in and wrapped her arms around me.

"But it isn't that... I saw her." I quickly adjusted my voice "Corinne, I mean." Matt's head snapped up to me. Since I had woken up I'd been debating telling him, I didn't know exactly what she was talking about, but it had to do with him "Did you ask her something before she took her life, Matt?" I asked.

"No..." He shook his head like he was thinking "No, I didn't.."

"Oh ok." I shrugged.

"Why?" He asked.

"Well, she and Eric were standing together, he wouldn't talk. But she said this answered your question?" I shrugged "I don't kn-" But before I could finish my sentence, he got up and walked out, mumbling angry sounding words under his breath.

I looked up at everyone and Brian held his finger up "I'll be right back." He flashed a quick smile and walked out.

"Don't worry," Hannah rubbed my arm "He's fine. He was just really worried about you."

"Yeah.." I whispered "Worried."

*Matt's POV*

"Dude, what's wrong? What was that all about?" I heard Brian following me down the hallway. I couldn't believe any of this. THAT was my answer? I believed Marie, don't get me wrong. But... I couldn't believe that was my sign on what to do? That showed me nothing!

"Go away." pushed him off as he turned me around.

"No, not until you tell me what the fuck is going on. Don't think we don't see what's going on." He gave me that yeah, we know look. I sighed "See, that look'll get it out of you every time."

"Ok then, I'm not telling." I turned back around. He grabbed my arm and turned me again, huffing.

"For Marie's sake... and for Corinne's? What did you say?" He asked.

"I asked Cori what I should do... Marie and I aren't the most.... stable." I mumbled the last part "This is my answer?" I gestured around "What does this tell me?!"

"That you need to spend more time together."

Brian turned around as Jackie snuggled herself under his arm "When did you come out here?" Brian asked.

"A few seconds ago. Matt, you just need to spend time together. She's lonely, clearly. I know you guys travel for work a lot, but maybe go out when you have time? Take her on a trip with you? I don't know. Do something special. I know it's going to hurt," She paused and I knew where she was going "But if you don't do something soon, she might just leave."

"What if she-" I paused as tears invaded my eyes.

"She won't." Jackie straightened herself up and let go of Brian "The girls and I won't let that happen, we aren't losing another sister, Matt. I know what Corinne would have said, and it would be to spend more time together, because you being gone so much isn't doing anything for either of you."

I sighed "You're right." What? She was.. "I'll try."

"No you won't." Jackie laughed "I know you, Matt. I've been here for longer than that, you know. You won't try, so... I don't even know."

"Hun," Brian kissed the side of her head, causing my stomach to flip "You suck at pep speeches. Go talk to Marie. I'll deal with the relationship stuff."

"Yeah, because it's you who's keeping this going." Jackie winked and walked away. Brian rubbed the back of his neck.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Don't be, she's right. On both accounts... I probably won't try, I suck at this stuff. And you aren't the one holding that relationship together." I smirked as Brian rolled his eyes "What do I do?" I asked.

"What did Cori tell you to do?" He shrugged and walke away, back into the hospital room. I groaned, no one seemed ready to help me. The last thing I wanted was this to end in divorce, tha last thing I wanted. Two years wasn't enough time to work through stuff, not enough time to get established and work around the music.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Anyone? LOL