‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone.
Status: Active

Me or the Music?

7

*Marie's POV*

Matt was stopped in the front door, one foot outside and the other inside as he looked between the inside of the house, and the car honking outside.

"I-"

"You what?" I asked as he stared at me "It's work. Go."

"But you can't-"

"Do anything?" I Laughed as I shrugged, my leg was in a full cast, my arm was partially better, and my entire body ached every single minute. It'd been three days, I was home now, and Matt was leaving for another concert "I've lived before."

"Marie." He said sternly. I could see him thinking "How about you come with me?"

"SHADS! We have to gooo!" Zack shouted from the car.

I sighed "Nice try, now go or else Zack might kill you."

"I swear we'll do something when I get back." He blew me a kiss and ran outside.

I sighed and made my way, with the help of crutches, over to the couch and sat down. I couldn't believe he forgot he had a concert tonight. He wasn't exactly prepared for it, Zack called five minutes before he showed up. But it wasn't like Matt and I were doing anything tonight. And I knew we would't do something when he got back.

He would attempt to try, but fail. I couldn't blame him, but I could. I did. I could try harder. I mean... what was standing in our way? We were married, he did have days off, and we usually spent them in two different rooms of the house doing two completely different things. I'd run paperwork for work, and he'd be tuned in to some sort of music trying to get new ideas. I couldn't really be mad at him though, I knew what touring and concerts were like. I was there at my own point.

I sighed and grabbed the phone, dialing in a number I thought I had forgotten.

"Hellooooo chica! Is your guy gone yet? Because we can have a giant party." Jackie giggled "Brian left ten minutes ago and I was wondering when you'd call."

"Yeah, well... I don't know about a party, but we do need to have a good sit down discussion." I sighed.

"Oh no.. about what? Are you ok?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, I just don't know how Matt and I are doing. He's always gone, always promising we'll spend time together, but nothing ever happens."

"He isn't always gone. They have days off, sweetie."

"Mentally, Jackie, mentally. He's not there. He's.... somewhere else." I sighed "Either writing down lyrics, making up guitar riffs, or listening to music for inspiration. Not that I blame him, he needs to work too. But... I don't know. Did I make a mistake? I mean... If I hadn't come out here with Matt, would I be happier somewhere else? With someone else? Would I have kids? I always wanted kids.."

There was a long pause "I think you're talking to the wrong person, love. You should be talking to Matt about this, not me. He needs to know all this stuff, I mean... has he ever said anything about kids?"

"No." I mumbled "Not that I recall anyways. Did he ever want kids with.. with.. Corinne?" I asked.

"I don't think it was talked about, but... I don't think either of them were completely agaisnt it. But don't worry about that stuff, he's moved on, with you clearly. He loves you, Marie, stop worrying." Jackie laughed "I'll be right over and we can have a big long talk with ice cream and... chocolate."

"Oh... Have I mentioned lately that I fucking love you?" I laughed "I'll get the tissues and we can vent."

"Sounds good because Brian's been an asshole."

"I'll kill him. See you soon."

"Bye." She laughed and hung up.

I smiled, good friends were better than husbands any day... Well, for the most part.