Shooting Stars and Satellites

I could feel the stones pressed against my bare back, cutting into my flesh and undoubtedly, leaving large bruises. I couldn't see anything as I opened my eyes - it was pitch black outside, and as I tried to move my legs, I could hear the leaves rustling beneath me. I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, I wanted this all to be some horrible nightmare. But, more than anything else, I wanted to know where he was.

I could feel tiny insects crawling over my legs and if it hadn't been for my deathly fear of bugs, I probably would have continued to lay right there, crying. I stood up quickly, brushing every inch of my exposed skin, trying to rid myself of the critters, as tears cascaded down my cheeks. Once I was sure I was rid of them, I covered my breasts with my hands and tried to walk through the opaque forest, my feet crunching over rocks and littered trash.

I saw the headlights from the car shining a light into the woods, and even though I had absolutely no energy left in my body, I ran towards the car as fast as I could. He had to be there; because if he wasn't, there was no way I could survive without him. I ignored the pain of broken glass and rocks cutting into my bare feet, as I ran. Once I finally reached the car, I held my hand over my eyes, squinting to see the inside of the car. No one was inside.

I could feel my heart hammering against my chest and I turned around, scanning the area for any sight of him. I felt my bottom lip tremble as the tears came faster. It wasn't until I saw a hand sticking out of the bushes, that I gasped. I ran over to the shrubs, pushing them aside. But the minute I had, I wish I had left them right where they were. My hands flew to my mouth and I let out a muffled scream, dropping to my knees.

He was dead.

Story Title Credit:
Passenger Seat - Death Cab for Cutie
  1. To Be Young
    - Ryan Adams
  2. The Twist
    - Metric
  3. Last Dance With Mary Jane
    - Tom Petty
  4. Blow My Mind
    - Janis Joplin
  5. My Own Worst Enemy
    - Lit
  6. Ruthless
    - Something Corporate
  7. Dark Side of the Moon
    - Pink Floyd
  8. Just A Dream
    - Carrie Underwood
  9. Epiphany
    - Staind
  10. What Hurts the Most
    - Rascal Flatts
  11. Sway
    - The Kooks
  12. Damaged Goods
    - La Dispute
  13. Simple Man
    - Lynyrd Skynyrd
  14. Heart Shaped Gun
    - Augustana
  15. Vegas Skies
    - The Cab
  16. A Diamond and A Tether
    Death Cab For Cutie
  17. For You
    - Coldplay
  18. Passenger Seat
    - Death Cab For Cutie
  19. Vindicated
    - Dashboard Confessional
  20. Little House
    - Amanda Seyfried *PLEASE GO AND READ THE NEW ENDING TO THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER BEFORE READING THIS ONE*