Sequel: Friends or Family?

You can't break a heart that's already broken.

Nick

To my surprise I saw Nick. He was a former friend, in my former life. He was exactly three years older then me. So many years went by, I actually forgot my own age.
" Are you death? Why are you here? Get out!" He yelled.
I actually took a step back. This was one of the moments I wish I could speak. I spoke when we were friends. It was among my 'happier times." He was my best friend when I was five to ten, Then a few years ago I had to move to a new foster home, out of state that didn't have a phone to contact him. I tried to stare him in the eyes, to show it was me but his eyes were clouded with hate. All he did was scream at me to get out. When I was his best friend, he screamed at everyone ... but me. A single tear slid down my cheek. I
Suddenly i hatched a plan. I held up a finger saying 'one second'. The ground was dirt. I found a stick and wrote in the dirt. I put:
My name is Molly. Don't you remember me Nick?
" How do I know it's you?"
I knew your name.
" It's really you?"
I nodded. he ran up and hugged me tightly. Just to prove that I was me, I made a symbol in the dirt. See, when we were little kids we made a pact. The sign?
A heart with a dagger stabbing it.
"It really is you."
I nodded once more.
He hugged me tighter then ever. This was where I wanted to be. Right in his arms. No, I didn't love him like that. We were brother and sister. I didn't want to leave his embrace but I had to know something.
How old are you?[/b}
"I'm eight teen. before you ask, I'm here 'cause my parents kicked me out as soon as possible."
I nodded my head.
That night I slept cuddled on his chest for warmth. I knew this was where I wanted to be, forever.

~

I woke up to the bright sun staring down on me. I shook Nick and made him get up. We walked around the town together. There wasn't anything better to do. Nick held a one-sided conversation. He told me how he has a car, but he loves to street race. He crashed it and it has work being done. I loved just listening to him. I felt back at home, just like old times. More then once he made me laugh til I cried. There was more then one time where I almost spoke but, I think I forgot how to. It was one heck of a day. He had to be a gentle man and buy me all the food and what not. I just laughed and went with it.
We fell asleep the same way as before, but this time; we asleep under the stars. He told me that "
I wasn't a star, I was the moon, I shine so bright, everyone wants to be me. I'm not a star," he said "cause then I wouldn't be that special."
I fell asleep with a wide grin on my face.

Three days went like this. I was in total bliss with no worries at all.

In the morning I woke up to loud honking. I looked over and saw nick in his sports car. he gestured for me to come on. I ran up and got into the passenger's seat.
"Still love to race?" I nodded my head excitedly. Even at thirteen I would race with him. We took turns driving and being the look out.
" Well you'll love this." He drove to a starting point and talked to some guy. All the cars were lined up in a dead street. We were to race around the town. Short cuts were allowed and such.
Red.
Yellow.
Green
We bolted off at top sped. I could feel the rush and the adrenaline. We came to a point were we couldn't see the other drivers because we all went out separate ways. We sped through the cars and across red lights. The thrill was amazing. I couldn't wait to win. We always did.
We always would say: We win or die!

I didn't notice how true theses words were until now
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm putting a pick up for nick soon.