Sequel: Friends or Family?

You can't break a heart that's already broken.

Death

We were rounding the last corner, we were all seriousness now. It was nothing but focus, no laughter. Suddenly a car came out of no where. They bumped the bumper and we were hugging the rail. They made us swerve into a pole. i was wearing my seat belt, so I was okay.....Nick wasn't. He hit his head against the steering wheel. I shook him and he shot up and started driving to the finish line. Blood was running down the his temple and a few other parts of his body but...we won. The driver that bumped us was disqualified. We won quite the bundle of cash.
Nick had the biggest smile on his face. I switch sides with him. I wouldn't let him drive home. I got him to the abandoned house and helped him inside. I ripped the bottom of my shirt so it showed my belly and wrapped it around his head to stop the blood flow.
I knew he would be all right. He had to be.
I fell asleep on him like the night before, but this time I made sure to put little to no weight on his body.

~

I woke up in the morning and I could feel it. Something was very wrong. I looked over at Nick, horrified. The blood some how flowed heavily. It oddly formed a heart over his head. I panicked. I put my head to his chest and.........nothing. I put my hand in front of him to see if I could feel him breathing. Nothing. His skin was strangely cold. I knew it. I didn't want to believe it. He was dead. My life long friend was...dead. I screamed. Tears of agony and pain raced down my eyes. I shook his shoulders as if to say, wake up, your not dead. Wake up!
" No! Come back!" I stretched out every word. I couldn't take the thought of losing him , even after I lost him. I screamed and cried until I couldn't feel anything any more. I didn't care. I still screamed. Suddenly I was pulled away from Nick. I looked up to see Brian holding me. All the others were there too.
"Molly?" Jimmy asked.
I shook me head yes. I didn't care. I still screamed for his pain. I could have stopped this. I could have taken him to a hospital. It's all my fault.
Brian held me tightly to his chest. I felt protected but that was the least of my worries. I could see Johnny talking on the phone to someone. Before I knew it, the cops were here to take his body. I kissed his cold, bloodied forehead for the last time. The last time. I wouldn't let them take him away from me. Brian had to hold me tightly. I broke out of his grip once, but he caught my wrist and pulled me back in. I gave up.
I cried into his chest while he picked me up bridle style and started walking home. Jimmy grabbed my bag.
Instead of bringing me to my room, he brought me to his room. I told him that I wanted to be alone, many times. he didn't listen. He brought me to his bed and hugged me tight.
I had no voice to scream.
I had no tears to cry.
I had no hope.
I was ready to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to cry!
I know it didn't seem like they hung out long but theres a purpose to that