Status: and heres another one! haha its progressing.... yep it is! :P

Fuel to the Fire

Were Hearts Meant To Be Broken?

Tears fell down my face as I grabbed my cell phone, “no missed calls” I said aloud to myself. ‘Could this really be happening to me? I cannot believe him! Uhgg!’ I thought to myself while dialing Annah’s number.

“I thought I’d be hearing from you sooner Miss. Rosannah. You ok?” She said with a slight smile in her voice. Annah, my best friend, got to go with the band to Hollywood. It seems none of them even cared enough to call me. “Sweetie, I know you are talking it hard. But promise me you’ll stay social and not be a loner. You are a heck of a friend maker! You’ve been that way since we were five.” She waited for a response.

“Mk, you know what?” I said fed up with the whole so called positive attitude, “Whatever. If you guys seriously don’t care enough to call and leave a message on my phone instead of a two sentenced posted note, then I’m not wasting my time waiting on you guys.” I said pressing the end button.

I started towards the door putting my jacket on and grabbing my keys. I slammed the door and ran as fast as I could away from that hell of hurt Kyle left me in. Looking back seeing it get farther and farther away from me numbed the terrible pain that was impeding in on my heart.

By the time I had faced forward I hit something hard, and was falling backwards until a pair of strong arms caught me and pulled my back up. “Thanks” I faked a smile, still with tears streaming down my face.

“You ok? I didn’t hurt you, did I?" he asked concerned.

“Nah, this,” pointing at the tears on my face, “,is definitely not your fault. You just saved me from a nasty fall. Thanks again.” I turned and started to walk away.

“Hey, you wanna talk? Like.. uhh I mean.. do you wanna get lunch or coffee or something?” He said nervously while rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled ‘He’s nervous. How cute!’

“Sure, why not?” I giggled and wiped the tears off of my face.

He extended his hand towards me for a handshake, “ My name’s Mason.” I took his hand “and mine is Rosannah, but you can call me Rosie.” I laughed. We noticed we were still holding hands and jerked back awkwardly.

“Soo…” I laughed nervously, “Were are we going?” I said walking beside him.

“This local spot down by the beach called, Café Vita. It’s great!” He smiled pointing just down the street from where we were. ‘Well this won’t take long’ I thought.

“So, You ok?” He laughed, “You didn’t really answer.” He waited for an answer.

“Yeah, everything is fine. No worries.” I gave him a weak smile and looked down at the sidewalk and shoved my hands into my jean short’s pockets.

“Then why the tears and the blue attitude?” He asked. The bell jingled as he opened the door for me and everyone looked up. Greetings came from everyone in the café. “Hey everyone, this pretty lady is Rosie.” His lighting up when he said my name. I can’t help but notice how incredibly kind he is being towards me. A wave of hey’s came from the small crowd.

“No reason…” I said sitting at the bar looking at the menu.

“Well if it helps, you deserve better than the guy that upset you.” He said in a matter-of-factly.

“Yeah, I guess. I mean I’ve been with him since I was five. Kyle and I haven’t had any trouble and then he up and leaves me, when he promised me when we were five that he would take me with him when he hits it big. He didn’t even say goodbye…” I said without thinking.

“So there is a guy?” he asked slyly. ‘Why in the heck am I telling him this. I don’t even know him.’ I sighed ‘why not? I have no one else.’

“Yeah… he has no idea how much I hate him right now.” I said shaking my head.

“Hi my name’s Angela.” Sticking out her hand just like Mason. She had long wavy black hair and pretty hazel eyes. “… and before you ask.. yes I am Mase’s mom. I get asked every time he brings a new friend around, though none has been as pretty as you, sweetheart.” She smiled, and my cheeks burned pink.

I smiled and pushed my hair out of my eyes, “Thanks, you’re really pretty too.”

“So what will you have today?” She smile with bright eyes.

“Umm… I think I’ll just have a grape soda and some French fries.” I smiled handing her the menu.

“Mase, you want the regular” she nodded, writing it down on our order sheet. She looked up at us and smiled, “It’ll be up in a minute.”

“So, You’re mom is a doll.” I giggled. Our eyes locked and he held my gaze until I broke away.

“Yeah, she is.” He chuckled, “So your boyfriend, umm… is he coming back?”

“I’m actually not sure, not sure at all.” I said looking down with a frown.

“You know, a frown is only a smile upside down.” He smiled and brushed my hair back behind my ear and ran his hand over my cheek. ‘Oh no.’ I turned away from him and grabbed my jacket.

“Umm I gotta go… see ya around.” I said rushing for the door.

“But wait!” He shouted as he ran after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So now we meet Mr.Mason. Her savior!
haha I hope you guys enjoy this! :)