Status: Completely redoing this story, bear with me?

Rose Garden

two

Image

"Adonia" I woke to a start. The harsh voice of my father woke me from my slumber. Realising I had over slept I pulled of the thin blanket that barely covered my body and made my way to the door. I didn't need to get changed, the dirty brown dress was one of the few items I had. It was rare for a prisoner of the garden to own many items. This place literally was a prison. There was almost no way to escape the daily drone of life. 

My parents weren't seen as mentally fit by the rest of the community they lived in. I was born here and the tales of the outside world intriuged me greatly.

Breakfast would be served soon. the large canteen fit to house up to a hundred people was already mostly full by the time I entered. Rows and rows of hunched over humans sat spooning  mouthfuls of soggy porridge into their mouths.
I quickly scanned the rows of heads until my eyes settled on a familiar mop of shaggy blonde hair. Smiling I quickly made my way over to where my friend James sat. His broad shoulders were completely slouched over on the bench. 

James and his family were forced into the Rose Garden a few years ago after James began talking to himself. He described it as having voices in his head. They would often talk to him and more often that not, he replied back. These voices werent any danger to James and he quite liked their company. 
However, this caused people to think of him as being crazy. I didn't quiet see why, he was just like any other person I had met. There were worse cases that could be foun loving in the Rose Garden. 

I tapped his shoulder and sat down. Confused he looked up, once he realised it was me a smile spread across his tan face. 
"Hey" he greeted me.
I smiled in response.
"Your not eating" he noted, "I'd take advantage of the food if I were you"
Sighing I obliged and made my way to the front of the hall where all the food was set out. I grabbed a bowl of off-white oats and walked back to my seat. 
"So what are you gonna do today?" James asked,
"The usual," I complained, "I hate this routine"
"I hate to break it to you, but you better get used to it" he replied, "we're probably going to be trapped here for the rest of our lives"
I sighed inwardly, people always said that to me. Destroying my hopes of living in an outside world. 
"Yeah, I know, " I sighed, "but sometimes I just want to get out of here. Break the rules and live on the outside"  
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow,
that felt like waay more
(: