Avise La Fin.

Ianto Jones had never considered a possibility of an afterlife. In his line of work, sometimes the dead did not stay dead- but whenever they were dragged back, they always spoke of a nothingness. A black void stretching out into eternity, in which they dwelled in alone. Well, not quite alone. There was something in the darkness... and it was moving.

The Something can see Ianto. It knows he is now in the void- that thanks to the carelessness of his lover, he is imprisoned in this isolated world of the dead. It knows of Ianto’s tie to Captain Jack Harkness, who has been a thorn in its side for centuries. It dislikes that Jack can come and go as he pleases in Its realm. It wants Jack punished. So It reaches out to Ianto and makes a bargain. Ianto will be allowed to returned to life if he succeeds in facing two trials. If he does complete these trials, he will have three chances to make contact with someone that can free his body- and if it is not freed, he will return to the realm of the dead.

Ianto, of course, embarks on these trials as soon as he can. Nothing will keep him from Jack, not even death. But in the back of his mind, he is uneasy. He senses a price. A terrible price that one day will have to be paid. He does not know if it will be worth it. All he knows is that he cannot stand being apart from his immortal lover...
  1. In The Abyss
    Ianto is trapped in the realm of the dead, and the Something reaches out to him.
  2. A Cœur Vaillant Rien Impossible.
    Ianto finds himself in what can only be described as a strange form of purgatory, and happens upon an old friend.