Status: Completed

Roses

01

There he stood; flowers in his right hand, and a technological groaning echo in his left. A light buzzing vibrated his palm, almost as if the mobile device had sensed the urgency in the newly arrived message. Despite the constant quivering at his left hand, he continued to search the marble kingdom for his queen. His queen. There was no doubt about it, in his mind. Thoughts of her constantly whirled around his head, forcing him to grin wildly to himself as he stared at the pavement in anticipation.

His magnificent figure almost blended into the Italian backdrop, in the shadows. An idyllic city, where excitable vines and buds intertwined around the spherical stone basins, in which bloomed many ruby roses, creating a fragrant aroma. A broad balcony rested upon opulent pillars, the fragile bars crafted from splendid marble, shimmering radiantly in the blazing sunlight. Upon the immaculate foundation stood a pair of chocolate leather shoes, their owner frantically scanning the fair fauna for a face, displaying no regard the opulent scenery.

Leaning on the pristine frame, the man extended his neck towards the verdant view, hoping to examine the labyrinth further, though only managing to glimpse at the marble sculptures frolicking around, remaining frozen in time. He adjusted his posture, tucking his left foot above his right, resting parallel to the knee. His ragged jeans hung loose from his robust waist, presenting many frayed gashes along the trouser legs of his quadriceps, exposing segments of his muscled legs. A white, creased shirt sheltered his torso from the bewildering sun, causing him to sweat slightly. Damp patches appeared down the centre of his shirt, and underneath his arms. Above the perspiration seeping through a near opaque shirt, a pair of restless Ceil eyes, sparkling alike the glimmering stream of water, slowly trickling down the statuesque figures aligned in a pool of aquatics. Grazing his stubble with the back of his left hand, still clutching the phone, finally noticing the gentle murmur of the device. Using his spare index finger to tap on the touch screen, a message opened.

“Running slightly late, got caught up with planning,
Love, Anna x”


His eyes running from left to right, lowering the gleam of his smirk. Almost immediately, a mellow sound filled his ears, forcing the ecstatic grin to reappear. Wrapping his vigorous arms around the waist of the woman beside him, rotating his body slightly to alight his with hers.

“Darling,” She spoke, as he captured her in a cherished embrace, “I’ve missed you”.

Her mahogany hair twirling around their faces, as Gerard spun her delicate posture in a circular motion, lifting her black ballet flats from the ground. Releasing the crimson roses from his grasp, petals cascaded upon the floor, creating a blanket of brilliantly pungent beauty. Brushing the back of her neck lightly with his fingers, securing it in place as his face tilted to meet hers. Their lips almost met when he whispered to her sincerely, a joyous chuckle emerging from his mouth almost immediately after.

“Don‘t ever leave me again”
♠ ♠ ♠
For Electric Goat.