What a Wonderful World

Ten

Everything was frozen as I took in the scene around me. Grandma, holding Desiree around the neck, Ryan no where to be seen, and debris scattered haphazardly on the floor. Broken dishes, mostly. Desiree was sobbing with agonizing abandon. Grandma was staring at me with a glare filled with so much hatred, it could have made small animals spontaneously combust.

I was stuck in place, as if my shoes were nailed to the floor. A scared rabbit, staring into the eyes of a starving lion. The feeling didn't last long, for she turned her eyes away from mine and continued her brutality upon my sister. She whimpered, for crying outright took air, and it didn't look like much was getting to her lungs. Her face started turning red.

Somehow, as all this took place, everything was silent. It was as if I was underwater, I could hear, but it was muffled to murmurs.

Veins were showing in Grandma's skin, popping out on her forehead, showing the exertion she output into shouting. Spittle flew from her mouth, open in a furious scowl. She shook Desiree, her toes dragging on the kitchen floor. Panicking, she clawed at Grandma's hands at her throat.

After what seemed like centuries, I remembered how move. Stepping forward with determined footsteps, I grabbed hold of Grandma's arm and yanked with all my might. I didn't do much but irritate her, a buzzing gnat flying around her. She swatted me away.

My body hit the kitchen cabinets, I knew there would be a bruise there tomorrow. I discarded this thought, there was more pressing matters at hand. Ignoring the throbbing pain in my face, caused my my Grandma's 'swat', I attempted to derail her again.

Finally, when she realized that hitting me away, she released my sister's neck. I almost sighed in relief, had my face not been in so much pain to prevent such ridiculous notions.

Grandma turned towards me, slowly, as if to make more terror seep into my heart. Speaking of which, it was hammering in my chest, and I wished, for a hopeful split second, that I would have a heart attack.

She walked slowly towards me, eyes filling, impossibly, with more and more fury.

Feeling tears spill onto my cheeks, (such a familiar state, I'm surprised I noticed it) I looked at Desiree. She was bloodied and bruised, but alive.

I turned my eyes back to my personal Satan. A heart attack would be good right now.

Just as the first hit reached my face, everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Err! I didn't black out in real life, I kind of zoned out. I don't want to explain what happened just then.. but I didn't go to school for a few weeks. :/

Welp, until next time, 'SPLOSION!
(I dedicate this chapter to Beth ^-^)

-Frizzz :D