The Cheshire

For as long as any one could remember she had been an unchanging symbol of hope and light against anything that stood for obliteration and darkness. Her features never changed, she never aged, and she had become a cornerstone to humans. Not just America, but for the world. It was acknowledged that for at least 90 years she had been fighting crime, stopping wars, and saving the earth from it’s self, however she still looked like she was at least 21 years old.

However, this time, it was evident that she was losing the battle. The reason for her losing the battle wasn’t because she had made a mistake; it was because she was getting weaker. Her mind was sharp but her body just couldn’t keep up. Her strength and endurance were deteriorating at a rapid rate. Even just breathing was getting hard for The Cheshire. She was well aware of why this was happening to her.

. . .
"Bird.. Mouse.." The hushed tone escaped the lips of the dying hero, “Thank you..” She said, barely even having enough energy to speak. It was then that her legs gave out from underneath her. She fell to her knees, exhaling her last breath of air. It was her birthday. She was 100. Roxanna’s journey had ended. Someone else’s journey was about to begin.
  1. The End
    Death