Phunfernikle

Jump On!

"Tell me now you're little theory 'bout me Rainbow, lass! HA! What I tell ye?!" The creature smiled wickedly. "Even has it's own unicorn! HA!"

Both girls ignored him as they watched the creature climb to the very edge of the colorful road he had paraded down on just a few moments earlier. His mane shook again as Emaline backed away, still smiling.

The unicorn threw a dashing grin to his friend standing at the side. "Leprechaun! What's happened to your colors, ol' boy!" He laughed with a sneer, flicking his mane once more which annoyed Raeshel to the point that she considered cutting the colorful mass of hair off.

She grounded her teeth, hands in fists by her sides and fumed, Emaline glancing at her, inching away subtly. The two beasts jabbered on submerged in their own conversation, quarreling with artificial and strangled smiles on their faces. The voice grew louder and louder, penetrating her skull, she desperately trying to drown it out, squeezing her eyes shut till it hurt. Emaline, who was now several feet away, stared straight through the fighting couple at the rainbow not really seeing, her eyes wide and blank, waiting for what was sure to come.

The point came where she simply didn't have the will to keep quiet. "SHUT UP!." She yelled, everything became dead silent as the whole world listened to the explosion's echo, Emaline looked at Raeshel without turning her head. The two who the yell had been directed at stopped and gawked, mouths opened with what last words had been spoken to each other.

Raeshel opened her eyes with a long, settling sigh and glared at them from under her hair, head still slightly faced towards the ground. With all the silence choking the air, Emaline had nerves of her own that nearly burst. She laughed, a little unsteadily, but with all her heart. She walked back up to her friend, slowly, and faced the two who were now staring with horror at her.

"Well." Emaline smiled and spoke softly. "I'm sure shut up in this case meant lets get going!"

Raeshel glared at her, not with the hatred like it had been, but with annoyance. "No it didn't, and we are NOT-!"

"SHHHHH!" She practically yelled at Raeshel, stunning herself as well as her friend. quickly she recovered, smiling again with more intensity and excitement. "I mean, come on Rae, you want to see this thing through as much as I do!"

"Ye quite right!" The leprechaun snapped out of his confusion and smacked the unicorn out of his, gaining a swift bite to the fingers. "OW! Why you!"

"HEY! Come on guys! Stop messing around with each other and lets go!" Emaline strolled up to the rainbow, eyed it carefully and smiled as wide as ever, giving it all she had to jump up onto it- and then she fell right through it, hitting the ground with a loud thud. She stood up in a hurry, with the look that said did anyone see that, dusting herself off and running back to the start again, angry. "Is this a joke?!"

Both creatures smiled at each other, then laughed at the girl who had no choice but to stare back questioning.

"What?" She asked, anger gone and the innocence was heard in her voice.

"What do you think I'm here for, Miss Emaline? I know what you must think, what a shame something as magnificent as I must be forced a life of service such as transportation." The unicorn's face fell to pity and sadness for himself as he went on. Like he was auditioning for the lead role in a play, throwing all he can into his act. "Oh the days are long, and the pay is little, and oh how my poor back aches at night-." He sniffled, mentally queuing the world's tiniest violin. "But I must keep going! For the good people like you! In hopes, one day, my true talent will shine and everyone will see that I was born to be-!

"Unicorn! Shut up! No one 'ere wants to listen to ye constant yappin'!" The leprechaun eyed him as he let out a loud HUMPH! and wipped his mane again.

"Fine!" He growled at his friend then turned and smiled widely at Emaline, smiling right back. "The reason you cant walk on the rainbow, my dear, is because only people who have been in the place beyond the rainbows can actually change the rainbows composition and make it a solid form to set foot on, or hoof. Honestly I hate the thought of toes." He looked down at is hoof and shuddered. "They freak me out."

Raeshel watched from where she had been, following the information along with Emaline, weighing the possibilities, and the risks with the situation. The Unicorn was pompous, a regular full-of-himself character, but he seemed harmless enough. It was the leprechaun that sent that small, whispering warning down her spine. Always changing his mood, as instantly like a light switch flipping.

And- why didn't he have any color like the unicorn? It was there, but extremely dull...

"What do you think, Raeshel?" Emaline spun around and asked her.

"Hmm?" She came back to the present moment, looked around and then walked up to her friend and stood right by her side.

She was right.

Raeshel looked at the unicorn.

She couldn't refuse an adventure, even one like this. If anything- maybe she was dreaming.

"Let's go." Emaline squealed and hugged Raeshel who just let herself be constricted. Emaline let go and immediately turned to the unicorn.

"So what now?" She asked excitedly, practically jumping up and down with anticipation. The unicorn smiled down at her with just as much excitement.

"All you have to do is jump on and I'll take you over!" He smirked at the leprechaun who was mumbling to himself, climbing onto the rainbow with some awkward difficulty. Both girls noticed when his colors stayed the same dingy, dull colors they were before. Maybe it just took some time.....

"Well, come on ye lassies! Climb aboard so we can be on our way!"

They stood there, looking up at what was going to be there ride. "How do we get on? You're up so high!"

The unicorns face changed into shock. He looked for an answer in a hurry. "Well, can't you just jump or something?"

"Why don't you just come down here?" Raeshel asked with questioning gaze. He became mortified.

"WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I SUBJECT TO THE LOSS OF MY COLOR JUST TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU?!" He backed up with all his might as the leprechaun yelled at him and did his best to push the unicorn off. Surprisingly, he was a lot stronger than the stallion and managed to gain inches as he yelled and screamed and begged him not to knock him off.

Both girls stared with smiles on their faces, watching the hilarious pair fighting in front of them like it was life and death.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it took a very long time but HERE IT IS! I'M SORRY!