Status: FINISHED :D

I Will Stand by You

Chapter 6

*~Dillans P.O.V~*
I really didn't think this through did I? Now that I have Lynnette, what was I going- Jump out the window? It could work... but that might badly injure Kayla; since her body isn't use to healing as Immortals do.
"Dillan... please don't hurt her!" Johnathan begged.
I chuckled, not an evil laugh; I was actually laughing. Why would hurt her? Why would I KILL her? I'm not waiting again for her!
"Why would I hurt her, Johnathan?" I asked. "I love her."
"Dillan- you just figured out my name today, how could you love me?" Kayla asked, with tears streaming down her face.
"I didn't just figure out your name today. Your name is Lynnette. Well, at least in this world your name is Kayla Rain." I told her.
"What- how? Are you Immortal?" Kayla gaped.
I did a sly smile and glanced at Johnathan. "Yes, like you- and Johnathan..." I replied. "I've been keeping an eye on you since you started 4th grade."

She started to struggle in my arms and I released her. Johnathan lunged at me, as soon as Kayla got out of the way of us. His hands found my throat and he pressed his thumbs down on my throat. I began to cough with agony, and I could feel myself beginning to fade. Oh there was no way I'm going when I'm this close to getting her! I punched Johnathan in the nose; and heard a crack. Blood oozed out of his nose and he finally let go of me, backing away with both of his hands covering his nose. As soon as I caught my breath (in like 2 seconds) I opened Kayla's window and jumped down to the ground below. Sure, it hurt but it wouldn't kill me. I'll heal...

*~Johnathans P.O.V~*
THAT IDIOT! Oh, he's going to die tomorrow. If that is, I find him. Maybe I should just follow him and finish the job... nah, too much tracking to do, and I will not leave Kayla here alone.
"Are you okay?" Kayla asked, worriedly.
I glanced at her and did a quick smile. "Yes, fine. The bleeding is already stopping."
And it was. Immortals healed quicker than the average human.
Kayla showed me where the bathroom was so I could wash my hands from the blood that was coming out of my nose.
'We should go to my house, Kayla. Dillan will probably be here in the next hour or so..." I told her.
She nodded and we walked downstairs together and walked outside. Kayla locked the door and then walked over to the car; opened the door and got in.
"So..." Kayla said, after a long time of silence. "I really am Immortal, huh?"
"Yes," I replied. "You are. and I'm sorry you had to go through what you just went through today. You just have to know who's good and who's bad."
"I just thought Dillan was a good guy..." Kayla mumbled.
"He is, he just... loves you too much. You knew him in a past life, and you two were dating. Well, then... you fell in love with me. Dillan just got so jealous that he killed you."
Kayla blinked. "I feel like a slut..."
"Don't say that! You are nothing of that sort!" I told her. Did she really just call herself a slut?!
"Well, why not?" Kayla argued. "The way you said it made me sound like I was cheating on Dillan!"
"Not rea-" I started to say but she cut me off.
"Did I even break up with him first?" She asked with tears steaming down her face.
I sighed and shook my head.
"Did Dillan ever get an explanation from you or me on why I wasn't with him?" Kayla gaped.
"Should that matter? He's obsessed with you, Kayla! He'll even risk everything to end up with you."
Kayla narrowed her eyes. "How do you know?"
"We were once friends." I mumbled, getting fed up with the conversation.

*~Kayla's P.O.V.~*

When we got to his house, we parked in the driveway, then we both got out slamming our car doors. Johnathan led me to the door and opened it for me. I walked in and saw a guy with black hair and blue eyes standing there in a black T-shirt and gray skinny jeans. He was holding one old fashion, faded, brown suite case in his left hand.
"Liam...?" Johnathan gaped.
The guy who appeared to be Liam shook his head and glanced down at his feet.
"You knew this was going to happen, John." Liam sighed.
"That what was going to happen?" Johnathan growled. "Liam what is going-"
"Don't play that card John. You know what I'm doing. I'm leaving. You found Lynnette, so why do you need me anymore? I still need to find Cher."
Johnathan looked hurt. "Liam... you can't... I need you here!"
Liam smirked. "I knew you'd say that John. You DON'T need me here Johnathan." Liam spat. "You're not seventeen anymore, you don't need my supervision so GOOD DAY TO YOU."
With that said he brushed past me and Johnathan and walked out of the house. Johnathan rushed hesitantly to the door. "Liam- Wait!"
He stopped for a brief moment but continued walking to a silver, Tundra, truck. He opened the door and swung his suit case inside of it and climbed in, slamming his door behind him. he started the pick-up and it roared to life. With one last glance at us, Liam drove off, down the road.

I looked at Johnathan and he sighed. "I- I think it's best if you leave, and come back tomorrow..."
I blinked in shock. "O-Okay..."
He held the door open for me until both of my feet were on the 'welcome' mat, but then he slammed the door. I sighed and started to head over to the park. Was it my fault Liam left...? I stopped at a small hill and laid down under an old oak tree; under the shade it provided.
Today was confusing. I woke up as Kayla... but now I feel like I've been Lynnette all along.

Dillan said he'd had an eye on me since I was in 4th grade... if it was true, why hadn't he confronted me earlier instead of now?
♠ ♠ ♠
*~Comment and Subscribe~*