Status: Runaways

We've Escaped

Koda

Light fell on my eyes, turning my closed eye lids red. I pried my left eye open, squinting into the light. Pain exploded through me. I ground my teeth to keep from screaming.

"Get up." I hissed to myself, gently kicking the bed sheets off. I rolled up, sitting for a moment. Pain throbbed all over on the right side of my face, along with my arms and neck. I slowly pushed myself up, wincing in pain. I walked to the mirror to inspect the damage.

My right eye was swollen shut, the black and purple bruise screaming I got hit. My right side of my cheek was swollen from getting slapped, and finger tip bruises were on both side of my necks. I looked at my arms. Both my wrists were bruised from being grabbed and thrown.

"Well." I smiled to myself in the mirror. "At least it wasn't my legs or anything, that'd be a bitch to walk." I let the fake smile paint over my face as I got dressed. I pulled on a short sleeve shit, zip up black hoodie, loose jeans, and my good converse. I brushed out my hair, watching how it turned a brighter deep red in the sun light. I stared at the bruise, trying to figure a way to cover it. Make up wouldn't hide that deep color. I shook my head, walking away from the reflection.

Grabbing my phone, I txted both Bells and Luci.

Me: meet me somewhere.

Luci: where?

Me: anywhere

Bells: how about the creek?

I thought about it. There was a small creek near out hideout, closer to the road though. I texted them both back.

Me: the creek.

I pulled up my hood to hide my face and bounded out the house before the Rentals woke.
I had to get out of here.