Status: Runaways

We've Escaped

Koda

"Shit." I whisper as I drop my flash light. The noise was loud, seeming to echo through my room. Maybe it was my imagination but my eyes flash to the door, waiting for the screaming. But nothing comes. I let out the breath I was holding, the beating in my ear annoying me. I pull my favorite pair of jeans on. Faded, with rips in both knees and the back butt pocket, but the pockets ripped, not the butt part. I grab my black T-shirt, with Paramore on the front and random things on it. I slip my black hoodie over and look at myself in the full length mirror.
Brown red hair that goes to my shoulders, grey silver eyes, ribs showing, and a bruise fading on my cheek. I know theirs bruises all over my body, hidden under my growing to hot cloths. His face flashes in front of me, and I feel my eyes grow hot. I put my hand on the wall to catch myself from falling.
No one knows, other than Luci and Arabella, that my father is abusive. I pull up the bottom of my hoodie and shirt to show a big black and purple bruise on my side. He was drunk yesterday, and angry. He took his anger out on me, pushing me to the ground then kicking my side. I look away, not wanting to be me. The bruise throbs, but i ignore it.
Taking deep breaths, I walk over to my mattress on the ground and pull the knife from under my pillow. My big switch blade. I put it snugly in my pocket and gather the rest of my things up.
The tiny black backpack on my back feels like nothing. I look at myself one last time in the mirror. I add eye liner, and put my hair in a pony tail, but leave some to frame my face. I look around my room I'm finally free.
I open the window and crawl through, jumping to the grass. I close the window and creep down the street. The street has two street lamps, so It's easy to sneak without being seen. The dark trees swallow me, relaxing the heart in my chest that beats rapidly.
Quickly, I go to the spot where me and Luci always meet up, I can see Luci coming, a smile spreading across my face. I feel the weight start on my shoulders. I have to protect them. They are my only family, the ones who really care.
it would be okay soon. Bells would be like the mother, Luci my sister. I straighten up, stick out my chest, and put the mask I always wear on.
"It will all be okay." I whisper to myself as I reach Luci.