Status: Runaways

We've Escaped

Koda

I stare at Luci, my eyes narrowed. Damn, I love the girl, but sometimes I wonder what goes through that head. I sigh and shake my head, deciding to just keep my mouth shut.
"So, do you have any names yet?" Bells asks, her smile huge on her face.
"I want something really unique..." her smile was bigger than Bells. "so my baby doesn't feel like anyone else. So my baby feels like there own person." Her hands still were at her belly.
"Good luck." I try to say normally, but my voice comes out a little mean. I'm glade it's dark, because I feel my face turn hot as Bells gives me a look. "Sorry..." I mumble. Luci shrugs, but I know I hurt her feelings. "I'm here for ya...." I smile. Our conversation goes on for awhile, but there's one thing that buzzes at the back of my mind.
"Koda?" Bells concerned voice jolts me from my confusing thoughts. I can see the worried look on her face. "You've been quiet... more than usually."
"Yeah." Luci chirps in. "You're quiet, but right now you're like out of it. You're in your own world, your eyes glazed over, and you kinda-"
"We don't need the ramble." I tease, forcing a smile on my face. Luci giggles and I force a bigger smile.
"But, really? Tell meee!" Bells pesters.
"Well.... I was thinking...." I stammer. "What if- what would you guys think if we... ran away together...?" A silence falls over us, and the night noises are the only thing breaking the awkward silence. I hear the crickets singing, and the frogs grumpily croaking at each other. I feel the wind gently brush my cheeks, and I stare at their faces, waiting.
"Well..." Bells says first.
"I think...." Luci follows.
"Yeah?" I add.
We burst out laughing, the sound filling me.
"I think it would be... a good idea." Luci says, her face serious. I nod, and her face turns into the happy, big smile. Jeez, is it true pregnant people really glow?
"Maybe...." Bells murmurs, as if thinking.
"I'm all for it." Luci says, her bubbly attitude making me laugh.
We turn to Bells, our eyes staring at her.
"What do you think?" my voice was quiet. I knew we wouldn't go if Bells said no. We wouldn't just leave her.
The answer I want jumps around in my head. Oh please let it be that answer.