Status: Comment (:

Drive Fast or Die Slow

E L E V E N

Makenzie’s POV

I honestly had no idea what Kirsten was planning. She had gotten home around 12 last night and had after getting into a screaming match with her mom, she came upstairs crying. I didn’t ask her what had happened. I had heard everything. I can’t believe her mom called her a whore!! I mean seriously who shoved a stick up her ass?! She had no right to call her a whore and I was beyond pissed. No one, I repeat no one messes with my friends!!

It was currently 8 in the morning and Kirst was fast asleep. I don’t know why I’m up this early considering its summer, but oh wells. Hmmm…. Maybe I’ll go for a run. Yeah, that sounds good right about now. I mean back home that’s what I normally did when I woke up on a warm, summer day. I grabbed my workout clothes and went to change in the bathroom.

My outfit consisted of a pair of Nike shorts and an old soccer t-shirt from when I played on the school team in middle school. I pulled my currently wavy blonde hair up into a high pony tail and exited the bathroom. I went and grabbed my running shoes from my suitcase. (I still hadn’t unpacked my stuff.) Once I laced up my shoes I grabbed my iPod and went downstairs. When I got outside I turned on my iPod and hit shuffle. Then I began to run down the street, going into my own little world.

“He was the poet, while she was the muse. She had a pen that she knew how to use. ” I pretty much screamed as I ran.

I was singing along to Circles by All Time Low. I was probably being extremely loud and I probably woke up a bunch of people in the process but I didn’t give a fuck. I liked this song and I’ll sing it as loud as I want to!! Hehe. Have I mentioned it’s one of my favorite songs and that All Time Low happens to be one of my favorite bands? I haven’t? Well, now you know.

I continued running not paying attention to where I was going as I sang at the top of my lungs. I tend to not pay attention to where I’m going when I’m running. And if I’m listening to my iPod, well you can just forget about getting my attention. You could say I go into my own little world.

Most of the time I’m either singing at the top of my lungs, like I am now or I think about things. A lot of times my thoughts are actually kind of deep. You know how some people think the most right before they go to bed? Well, it’s kind of the same thing except instead of lying in bed staring at the ceiling, I blast my iPod.

Anyway, like I said I wasn’t paying attention ---- that’s a usual occurrence with me though---- and being the oblivious person I am, I bumped into someone. The impact sent us both to the ground. I paused my iPod and noticed the person I had bumped into get up and dust off their pants. Then they held out their hand. I took it and they helped me up. I looked up and saw a familiar pair of chocolate brown eyes, heavily lined with eyeliner.

“We really need to stop meeting like this.” Bill said with a chuckle.

“Yeah, probably.” I laughed.

“So, what are you doing out here so early?” He asked.

“I woke up around an hour ago and decided to go for a run.” I said with a shrug.

We started walking to nowhere in particular.

“You wanted to run?” He scrunched his nose up in disgust.

I laughed. “Yeah, I played soccer back home and I usually went running every morning over the summer.”

“How can you like running? You get all gross and sweaty.”

I looked at him and raised my eyebrow and then smirked. “I hope you know that that sounded kind of gay.”

He pushed me playfully and blushed. “Shut up!!” He whined.

I chuckled at how childish he sounded.

“Just giving you a heads up.” I said raising my hands up in defense.

We continued to walk around for another hour when my phone vibrated.

It was a text from Kirst. Hey bitch where r u?

I laughed at the text. Typical Kirsten. I’m walking around w/ Bill. I’ll be home in 5.

She texted back a little while later. Ooh la la ;)

I rolled my eyes. Yet again, typical Kirsten. Shut up!! We r just friends.

Sure you are…. ;)

I’m dead serious!!

Ok, ok no need to get bitchy. Just get your ass over here so we can put this plan into effect.

C u in a bit.

I turned to Bill. “I have to get going.”

“Awww, whyyy?” He asked pouting.

“Kirsten’s planning something and is involving me.”

“Ooh what’s she planning?”

“I have no idea, but I’m going to go find out now.”

“Ok, well it was nice seeing you again.”

“Same with you.”

He pulled me into an unexpected hug. “Bye, Kenzie.”

I hugged back. “Bye, Bill.”

I pulled away and took out my ipod again, turning it on and putting the ear buds in my ears. As I started running again I turned around. “I’ll text you later.” I yelled.

“Ok, sounds good!!” He yelled back.

I turned back around and went back into my own little world.