Status: Comment (:

Drive Fast or Die Slow

F I V E

Makenzie’s POV

“Hey, dad how far away is our house from here?” I asked once both mine and Kirsten’s family had gotten our luggage and walked out to our rental cars. We had to rent a car because our cars from back home wouldn’t be arriving for a couple of days.

“Around twenty minutes, why?” My dad replied.

“Just wondering.” I said with a shrug as I hopped into our rental car. My brother followed suit with me and I took out my iPod and put it on shuffle.

Once my parents had loaded our luggage in the car we headed towards our new house. Yay. Note the sarcasm in my voice. About five minutes into the drive I got a text message. It was from Kirsten. Hey. U excited?

I laughed at the fact that she was probably only two cars behind me yet she was texting me. Not in the slightest. U?

Same. I mean it is kind of cool that we’re in a different country and everything, but I’m kinda nervous. L

Me 2. I don’t know anyone really except for you and like I can’t speak German!! How the fuck are we gonna handle school in the fall??

Hmmm well I guess we can try it out. If it’s complete and utter hell then there’s always homeschooling. J

I was about to text back when the car pulled into a driveway and stopped. “We’re here guys.” My mom said excitedly.

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. I don’t understand how she can be so excited about this. I mean not only was the move at the last second but it was to a totally different country!! Sometimes I just don’t understand my parents at all.

I started to get my luggage out of the trunk when I noticed Kirsten’s car pull into the driveway as well. Once it stopped she jumped out and ran over to me.

“We’re living together!!” She squealed.

“Holy shit!! No fucking way!!” I exclaimed.

“Yes fucking way!! Our parents wanted to save money or some shit like that so we’re sharing a house!!”

“Oh my god!! This is fucking awesome!!”

“Girls, quiet down!! It’s midnight and you two are screaming at the top of your lungs.” My mom hissed.

“Sorry mom.” I whispered.

“It’s ok sweetheart. Just keep it down.”

Once everyone got their stuff we all headed inside.

“I hope you girls don’t mind, but you’ll be sharing a room.” Kirsten’s dad said.

“Nope, it’s fine dad.” Kirsten said with a smile.

“Ok, your room is the second door on the left once you head upstairs.” He said.

Kirsten and I both looked at each other then ran upstairs with our stuff. I opened the door and almost squealed with delight. Our room was fucking awesome!! The walls were painted black with neon colored splatters all over the place and there were two full size beds, along with a dresser, two night stands a huge flat screen TV with a DVD played and a cable box, and two other doors that I’m guessing were a walk in a closet and a bathroom.

“Ahhh!! This is fucking epic!!” I exclaimed running over to the bed closest to the big bay window and jumping on it.

“I know!! Maybe this place isn’t so bad after all.” Kirsten said lying back on the other bed.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t go that far. We’ll see about that tomorrow. I figured we could walk around the neighbor and look for some hot guys.” I said winking.

“Sounds good, Whatcha want to do now. I don’t know about you, but I’m not tired at all right now.”

“Same here, how about we watch some movies?”

“Sure, Harry Potter marathon?”

“You read my mind.”

I opened one of my suitcases and took out the first three Harry potter movies. Then I popped the first one into the DVD player, switched on the TV and pressed play.

Kirsten and I ended up watching all three movies and fell asleep around 6:30 that morning. I woke up around three that afternoon and Kirsten was still sleeping. I quietly got out of bed and went over to my suitcase and took out a bag of Sour Patch Kids that I had packed. I switched on the TV and flipped through the channels until I found one that was in English. Sadly it was the news so I just settled on MTV even though I had no idea what the people were saying.

Around 4:00 I decided to go take a shower and get dressed. By 4:30 I was dressed and out of the shower. I decided to leave my hair curly and put on some eyeliner and mascara. When I went back into the bedroom Kirsten was awake.

“Hey betch.” I said.

“Hi.” She said stifling a yawn by covering her mouth.

“Go get dressed and we’ll go walk around the neighborhood.”

“Kay.” She went into the bathroom and I soon heard the water running.

I went and checked my cell phone to see if I had any new text messages. There was one from mine and Kirsten’s best guy friend Jesse. Hey, do you and Kirsten wanna go to the mall today.

Shit!! I forgot to tell him we were moving!! We kind of can’t…..

A couple of minutes later a text came through. Why not??

I sighed. Promise you won’t be mad?

Ok…

Both mine and Kirsten’s dad got a promotion and we kinda had to move to Germany….

WHAT?!

I’m sorry we didn’t tell you. We found out two days ago and I forgot to text you. L

It’s ok…I’m gonna miss my girls though…L

We’ll miss you too. L

Promise you’ll keep in touch?

Of course!! J

Haha. Ok good….just checking :D

Lol. Well Kirst and I are gonna go check out the neighborhood. I’ll text ya later k?

K. Byesss J

As if on cue Kirst walked out of the bathroom dressed and ready to go. “Jesse just texted me.” I said

“Oh my god we forgot to tell him!!” She exclaimed.

“I know. I just explained everything to him now. He’s not mad though, so don’t worry.”

She sighed with relief. “Thank god.”

“Yeah, so let’s hit the road.”

“Kay.”

I grabbed my iPod and cell phone and slipped on my converse. Kirst did the same thing then we both ran downstairs.

“Mom, Kirsten and I are going for a walk.” I said as we passed the kitchen where she was sitting with Kirsten’s mom.

“Ok, just make sure your back by 7 for dinner.” She replied.

“Kay.” Then we both headed out the door.

We had been walk for about 10 minutes when I took out my iPod and put on Panic! At The Disco. I was singing along to I Write Sins Not Tragedies and not paying attention to what I was doing.

“Kenz, watch where you’re—“ Kirsten started.

She didn’t get to finish her sentence before I bumped into someone causing both of us to fall on the ground. Well now I know what she was trying to tell me….