Status: Hiatus.

Teenage Pregnancy

Chapter One

I stared at the plus sign of the pregnancy test, unsure if I had the results right.

After urinating on the designated stick, wait five minutes. Then match results with side of box.

+ = pregnant.

- = not pregnant.


I quickly opened another box containing one of the multiple tests I had bought in a panic. I read the instructions, did what I had to do, then waited.

Damn it!

This one was positive, too!

Oh, God, what am I going to do? I'm thirteen and pregnant....

***

"Hey, are you all right?" asked my father on our way to school. "You seem pretty quiet this morning."

"I'm just tired, that's all." Which was the truth entirely. I had spent the whole night crying.

"Are you sure?" As he pulled up to the sidewalk in front of the school, I quickly grabbed by book bag and leapt out of the truck.

"Bye, Daddy! See you after school!"

Once inside, I began switching my books in my locker. Pregnant... The word echoed in my mind. It wasn't long before the tears began to fall. I fell to the floor on my knees, my science book in hand.

"Lauren?"

I whipped my head around and saw my boyfriend, Jack. He held a hand out to me and pulled me to my feet. He wrapped his arms around me in a hug, nearly crushing me. "Laurie, what's wrong?"

I looked up at him, a feeling of dread over-whelming me. "You know that thing we did last week?" He grinned slightly, then stopped, seeing it was the source of my distress. "Yeah, what about it?"

I bit my bottom lip as more tears filled my eyes. I took his hand and pressed it against my stomach. "I'm pregnant, Jack."
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me if you like it!