Status: Hiatus.

Teenage Pregnancy

Chapter Two

I felt strange that day, knowing that I had a little embryo in my flat stomach. I had to find a way to hide for the duration of my pregnancy. I was a dancer, and being as thin as I was, people were going to be able to tell that I wasn't only gaining a few pounds.

Jack and I met up at lunch behind the building to talk.

"Listen, Lauren," he said after a period of time. "I'm sorry for doing this to you."

I looked up at him, placing a hand on his cheek. "No, Jack. It's not just your fault. It's mine, too."

"I still can't see how it happened, though. I mean, you getting pregnant," he stammered, turning red.

"Me neither."

The night that we, erm, did it there was no lack of protection. Jack had found a condom in his parents' sock drawer, and I was on birth control pills because of my heavy periods.

And yet I still got knocked up.

Damn my fertile eggs.

"What are we going to do, Jack?" I whispered. Once again I was on the brink of tears. "If my dad finds out, he'll kill us!"

Jack was silent, thinking. "What about your mom?" he said slowly. "She lives about two towns away, right?"

I nodded.My parents had been divorced since I was three.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Well, weren't you telling me the other day about one of the schools there?"

Oh, I remember now. My mom was driving me around the town, showing me where everything was. She had pointed out a school and was telling me how they accept pregnant teens. They even have a program for when "Mothers-To-Be" are getting closer to the birth date. Teachers are sent to the homes and teach the day's lessons. I hadn't even slept with Jack yet, so I know that she was just telling me because it was relevent to the school.

When my eyes met Jack's, he knew what we were going to do.

"You need to call your mother and let her know that you're moving in with her."

The bell suddenly rang and we started walking to fourth period, still discussing our plans.

"So soon? Can't I wait until it gets further ahead?" We lowered our voices in the mass of students. Many people would love to get us in trouble.

"I'm just trying to do what's best for you." I gave him a kiss on the cheek as I hurried off to PE, already late.

***

I was in the town library, reading some books that might as well be mine because I've checked them out so many times. I came across one of my favorites, Blood And Chocolate. Lucky Vivian, I thought as I started to read it again. She could have sex with any human she wanted to without getting pregnant. Speaking of sex, that reminds me of how this thing got started. Ha, ha...

You see, I'm the math wiz in our class. So I hold tutoring twice a week for the kids who want it. Jack and I met when he needed tutoring. Well, we had been in the same class for two years, but we got to know each other through it. I had a crush on him since the first day he came to our school. I had never met someone before with eyes as brown as his. I had to be careful not to look him in the eye too much, or I would lose both my breath and current train of thought. He was the class clown, but never went to the extreme and got in trouble. He was a good kid. So the school year went by, with us only talking to each other when we graded each others papers. Then we when entered the eighth grade, I started tutoring. We sat next to each other in most of our classes, and he always made a point to talk to me. I soon caught him staring at me a few times in class when copying notes on the board, no matter how quickly he averted his gaze. I make a good bit of money with my tutoring, charging ten dollars an hour, but I gave him a discount when he first became my customer. After I stopped charging him nothing, I cut the price in half and only charged him five an hour. Well, his parents, anyway. I always go to my client's house for the tutoring, and after a few times I went, he said the magic words when we were done going over algebraic expressions.

"Do you wanna go out sometime?"

My heart sang, and three dates later,(movie, dinner, ride home. One time he came to see my play.) we were boyfriend and girlfriend. When we had slept together, just sleeping, it was always because I stayed over too late, or we watched a movie and I fell asleep, or something like that. Our parents never minded when I spent the night. They never thought we would do it. And to tell the truth, we never did either.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was really just some background information. I'll prolly get the story going in the next chapter or two.

thank you my anonymous subscriber!
*edit* 12/19/07-- im sorry for not updating. ill try to do it it tonight because my notebook isnt with me and im having some writer's block. why don't you check out my other story?