Status: Hiatus.

Teenage Pregnancy

Chapter Three

I picked up my cordless house phone and with a shaking hand I dialed my mother's cell phone number. Her cheery voice greeted me as she answered my call.

"Hey, baby doll! What'cha need? You must need something because it's not my turn to have you this weekend."

"Yeah. I need a favor."

"Sure. What is it?"

I'd decided I was gonna wait until I move in with her to tell her the news, that way I wouldn't have to risk my father over hearing. "Is it too late to move in with you?"

It was silent on her end of the phone. I was afraid she had been disconnected, because it had interrupted many of our conversations. "Mama?"

"Absolutely!" she shouted, her voice exploding with happiness. " I thought you would never ask! When do you want me to come get you?"

"Maybe a month, Mama . I'll have to check with Daddy and everything." She began chattering about the fun things we could do once I got there, but I had to cut the call short and say good bye.

My father seemed shocked when I told him I wanted to move in with my mother. I don't know why; we fought like cats and dogs at every opportunity. But he didn't argue and said I could move in next month. i knew that he was going to let me go, though. No surprise there. I was legally old enough to decide who I wanted to live with, and Mom had a stable home with a steady income, with the perfect school nearby. Plus, though he didn't know it, I would be able to walk to my dance lessons from Mom's house.

The day to move finally came. My mom had backed her car up to our house so we could put my haphazardly packed belongings in the trunk. Jack was there to see me off, and so was my best friend Kathryn. She knew why I was leaving and had burst into tears after I had told her, both that I was pregnant and that I was leaving. She had always been there for me whenever I needed her. She was my shoulder to cry on, my friend to laugh with, and my sister to enjoy life's secrets with.

"I'll pester Mom to take me to visit you when we get out for Christmas break, okay?" she said with a watery laugh. i nodded, then dissolved into a puddle of tears, getting her faerie shirt soaking wet. I felt my mother place a hand on my shoulder, silently telling me it was time to go. I climbed into the car and buckled my seat belt. Jack rapped his knuckles on the window and I rolled it down.

"I'm going to come visit you once or twice a month, okay?" he whispered. His dark eyes were staring into my blue ones, searching my soul. I nodded in reply and smiled as he kissed me lightly on the lips. I tried not to cry again as our lips parted. He backed away, waving as my mother drove the car away towards my new home.

***

"Lauren. Wake up. come on sweetie, we're home." I was outside my mom's house, still buckled in the car. Car rides of any type always put me out. Mama had kindly placed my boxes in my room while I was knocked out in the car, so we could skip right to dinner.

"I premade the chicken Alfredo because I know it's your favorite." I smiled at my mother and took another bite, licking the cheese sauce from the corner of my mouth. I loved cheese, so Mama always added extra. I heard a small meow coming from under the table and saw my cat, Bella.
"Aw, what's the matter, kitty?" I said, scratching the side of her face. She rubbed against my leg, purring, then meowed again. "Poor kitty must be hungry." My plate was still full though, so she was gonna have to wait.
Mama and I had a great time. We discussed plans for a Christmas tree. It was getting closer to December as the end of November was drawing near, and I couldn't wait to go to Lowe's to get the tree. That was one of the things I had missed about living with my mother. She went all out every year for Christmas, no matter how little money she had.
Mama always bought a real tree, and the ornaments were always in two different colors. We decided on burgundy and beige. We drew sketches of how we would decorate the tree and the living room and dug out the Christmas scented candles: pine and gingerbread.
A "That 70s Show" marathon was on, so we stayed up late, made popcorn, and watched it.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for commenting and patiently waiting! please comment more and new readers subscribe! ily!!!