Status: Hiatus.

Teenage Pregnancy

Chapter Four

"I think there's something different about you, Lauren." My mother's sudden comment surprised me, causing me to drop the Beatles CD that was in my hand. I quickly picked it back up, not wanting to have to pay for it if it broke. I made sure that none of the FYE employees had spotted my bout of clumsiness and replaced it on the shelf.

"What do you mean? There's nothing different about me." I picked up another album and flipped it over, checking what tracks were on it. My mother placed a hand on her curvy hips.

"I know when there's something different about one of my children. Tell me what it is," she said, pursing her lips. I had to bite my tongue to restrain myself from laughing. If she "knows when something is different about one of her children", then she would have known that I don't just get sick a random intervals of the day. Or the fact that she hasn't had to buy any pads yet. Or that I've been eating a lot more than usual. I mean, Jesus Christ! The woman has had three children! She should be able to recognise a pergnancy when she sees one.

I smiled brightly at her. "I don't know what you're talking about," I said, purchasing the CD.

***

"Kathryn, I don't know how to tell her!" I whined on the phone.

"You mean you haven't already?" I felt ashamed.

"Kathryn, I just don't know how."

"Well, you need to find a way. And I mean before you start to show." I nodded to myself. Then we said good bye and hung up.

"Lauren, are you off the phone? Dinner's ready." I took a deep breath. It was now or never.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is an update for you, my lovelies! I'm sorry it's so short, it's really just a filler and I'm trying to get my creative juices flowing. I love you guys! More comments just might equal more updates...