Status: Hiatus.

Teenage Pregnancy

Chapter Eight

"Hello, Lauren," the teacher greeted me as I walked into the room, Scooby and Audrey at my side. Audrey sat beside me, Scooby behind her. "I'm Mr. Alruna; welcome to our school." I nodded in thanks and took the textbook he handed me.

"Today, class, we are doing a lesson on sun protection."

"Always use protection!" shouted Scooby. "You don't wanna get a rash or nothin' like that. And you best double up on the -- "

"Sunscreen!" interrupted Mr. Alruna. "Yes, Scooby, thank you." A low chuckle rippled through the classroom. He grabbed a dry erase marker and wrote "sunscreen" on the white board. "What are some other ways to protect yourself from the sun?" A few people raised their hands, waiting quietly as he walked along the row of desks, waiting to see who knew. "Lauren?" he said, stopping at my desk. "Do you know?"

"Uh, the clothes you wear? I mean, like long sleeved shirts and hats," I stammered.

"That's right," he said. Alruna went back to the board as continued to teach as the class took notes.

***

School went by very fast that day, a shock because I had been anticipating Jack's visit all afternoon. When the bell rang, I was at my locker, switching out books. After getting what I needed, I turned around to leave and ran right into someone. We collided so hard that when we hit each other all of our books and papers flew up in the air and I landed hard on my ass.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath.

"I'm so sorry," we said at the same time. It was a boy, about my age, and he immediately started helping me pick up the stuff we dropped.

"I wasn't paying attention, it's my fault," I told him as I scooped up my biology notes.

"No, it was my bad," he argued. "If I didn't have my nose stuck in this book, I wouldn't have plowed you over like a bulldozer." The analogy amused me because although he had a height so high I had to crane my neck to see his face, he was very slender.

"What are you reading?" I asked him as he stuck out his hand to help me up. I accepted it and he pulled me up with ease.

"Uh, just some cat book," he said, his pale face going red with embarrassment. I grinned, and was about to ask him what was with the blushing, but I suddenly remembered about my boyfriend visiting.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow," I told him as I walked out the double doors. "Thanks for the help!"

"Sorry for knocking you over!"

"Yeah, ok. Let me know how that cat book is!" I said with a laugh as I got in my mom's waiting car outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness and lateness, but I'm writing the next chapter as you read this. Picture it: you're siting there, (hopefully) enjoying this update, while I'm slaving away on the next update. Maybe some comments would show how much you (hopefully) like this and would give me the extra boost I need to hurry up and post the next update.